Week 11 GDT: Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I just hope I never see this fan base crying about national media attention ever again. Mostly because of our tendency to lay an egg, but also because it’s meaningless regardless.

for real, the amount of that nonsense on titans twitter etc was making me roll my eyes even before this week. who cares?

It's the feeling of hopelessness for me. 
Where is the help coming from?  Where is the calvary?

No AJ. No Julio. No Henry. Shoot. No McNichols. No Swaim (I feel we missed him today.lol..)No Marcus Johnson now.
No Nate Davis. 
No Tart. No Evans. No Long. No Dupree. No Jenkins. 
Yeah we've been winning without pieces and it's been somewhat of a feather in the cap. 

Just sucks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

for real, the amount of that nonsense on titans twitter etc was making me roll my eyes even before this week. who cares?

Pretty much. Obviously not here as much, but Twitter and Reddit were full of it. And I never got it. It makes no difference to me if we’re 1 or 10 in power rankings or whether Colin Cowherd thinks we’ll win the AFC. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field. Especially after this disaster.

Just now, KingTitan said:

It's the feeling of hopelessness for me. 
Where is the help coming from?  Where is the calvary?

No AJ. No Julio. No Henry. Shoot. No McNichols. No Swaim (I feel we missed him today.lol..)No Marcus Johnson now.
No Nate Davis. 
No Tart. No Evans. No Long. No Dupree. No Jenkins. 
Yeah we've been winning without pieces and it's been somewhat of a feather in the cap. 

Just sucks. 

really just have to hope that AJ's injury isn't serious and that we can get a serious infusion of talent back after the bye. it sucks because we'd still be in the drivers' seat for the 1 seed even with an expected loss to new england if we had actually showed up today. as it stands my expectation is we'll be 8-4 going into the bye and just need to hope we can get as healthy as possible for the stretch run.

honestly, if AJ's injury is serious i think that's going to be the backbreaker. i really don't see a way forward for this team without him.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

Anyone that has a brain doesn’t care about the national media or the debauchery that happens on Twitter. Outside of actual stat handles on twitter, or people who break down individual plays, listening to most people on that website is stupidity. If you take the Stephen As, Shannon Sharpes, Skips Baylesses and everyone serious you got other problems. They have no radar as to actually what is happening in football. 

Getting national attention doesn’t get me a Super Bowl. Just get me a Super Bowl.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Pretty much. Obviously not here as much, but Twitter and Reddit were full of it. And I never got it. It makes no difference to me if we’re 1 or 10 in power rankings or whether Colin Cowherd thinks we’ll win the AFC. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field. Especially after this disaster.

This forum tends to have the exact opposite problem, which is kinda encapsulated in this thread.

The 6 straight wins, 5 in a row of which came against at least decent teams(and all 5 playoff teams last year) now means absolutely nothing because we sucked today. Now the team is fraudulent, can't win a championship, etc.

Go on twitter it's some nauseating amount of everything is peachy, come here it's a nauseating amount of the sky is falling.

Some day the realization of what football is will hit for both, I hope.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Seriously though, outgaining a 1-8 team 420-190 and losing by two scores is truly something.

Yeah. 
We did when a game with when we turned it over 3 times I think? Was it the Colts?

Just stupid. Their pass defense is among the worst in the league and they got 4 INTS out of us. 

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

This forum tends to have the exact opposite problem, which is kinda encapsulated in this thread.

The 6 straight wins, 5 in a row of which came against at least decent teams(and all 5 playoff teams last year) now means absolutely nothing because we sucked today. Now the team is fraudulent, can't win a championship, etc.

Go on twitter it's some nauseating amount of everything is peachy, come here it's a nauseating amount of the sky is falling.

Here is more of prisoners of the moment. Played an absolute crap game. In a couple if days they will be fine. Also it's hard to be optimistic when literally every offensive starter is out, as well as their back ups. 

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Actually, that’s probably fair. I’d guess it has something to do with the majority of this forum being around for so long. Decade (a number around longer than that) of misery and disappointments that we’ve all gone through together, probably lends itself to a more pessimistic group.

1 minute ago, CosmicCrown said:

Maybe the national illusion of the o-line being particularly good will fade after the last few weeks. Probably not. 

lol matthew judon could come unblocked and end tannehill's season next week and the commentators will still be like "wow, the titans usually have such a strong offensive line!"

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Actually, that’s probably fair. I’d guess it has something to do with the majority of this forum being around for so long. Decade (a number around longer than that) of misery and disappointments that we’ve all gone through together, probably lends itself to a more pessimistic group.

i mean, it's just a simple fact that we have at least one of these performances every season, usually more, and people are tired of that. heat of the moment it feels worse than it is, but it's undeniable that it's a trend, and it's delusion to look at this team with the state it's in now and think that we're super bowl caliber. we're banking hard on getting a ton of guys healthy while not racking up more injuries while also dealing with tannehill's worst season as a titan. there's always the chance things could fall into place, but right now things are looking pretty brutal. it's only rational not to feel great about this team's chances.