Week 11 GDT: Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

I don't know who said it, but someone posted about  drafting Radunz instead of a WR. 
While yes. I think anything other than an OL that can't get on the field with our terrible line is a problem.

Looking at who was there to be picked and their production, we aren't missing much.

Tutu has the same amount of catches ad Radunz
D'Wayne Eskridge has 2 yards receiving.
Marshall Jr, Palmer and Collins all have less than 150 yards catching.

Most productive guy after the Radunz pick is St. Brown (who I liked) he has 31 catches for 311 yards..

If any pick I would question is Caleb Farley. Could we not have got a CB that would have a good pick later?
Could have Elijah Moore or Rondale Moore.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I don't know who said it, but someone posted about  drafting Radunz instead of a WR. 
While yes. I think anything other than an OL that can't get on the field with our terrible line is a problem.

Looking at who was there to be picked and their production, we aren't missing much.

Tutu has the same amount of catches ad Radunz
D'Wayne Eskridge has 2 yards receiving.
Marshall Jr, Palmer and Collins all have less than 150 yards catching.

Most productive guy after the Radunz pick is St. Brown (who I liked) he has 31 catches for 311 yards..

If any pick I would question is Caleb Farley. Could we not have got a CB that would have a good pick later?
Could have Elijah Moore or Rondale Moore.

It's just frustrating that we're in this awful situation with injuries, which obviously are expected but not to this extent, and 1 of our past 4 first/second round picks is a legit option to even play (obviously Wilson is gone, Farley hurt and Radunz isn't "ready").

I don't regret taking an OT over a WR...it is what it is...the real pain is the fact that these guys arent even OPTIONS to play right now

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

For me, it goes back to the Wilson pick far more than Radunz. We should be having a starter/major contributor in the second year of a low price contract. Look at some of the skill position guys that went shortly after him. That’s the one that still burns.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

D. Hilliard - 10 targets

A. Brown - 9 targets

N. Westbrook-Ikhine - 8 targets

A. Firkser - 7 targets

C. Rogers - 6 targets

D. Fitzpatrick - 6 targets

If all of these players had been available in free agency in August, AJ is the only one that I can confidently say would have been picked up by another team. 

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If all of these players had been available in free agency in August, AJ is the only one that I can confidently say would have been picked up by another team. 

i mean, i gotta be honest though, what more could we have done? at a certain point you just can't plan for your 1, 2, 4, and 5 receivers being out and your planned 3 busting so hard he gets cut. i'll say it again: the number of injuries this season is beyond bad luck to me and we really need to be casting an eye on how we're practicing and what our strength and conditioning program looks like. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

D. Hilliard - 10 targets

A. Brown - 9 targets

N. Westbrook-Ikhine - 8 targets

A. Firkser - 7 targets

C. Rogers - 6 targets

D. Fitzpatrick - 6 targets

Also kind of goes back to what I was saying a few pages back. You watch Dak score nine points in fine playing conditions against a mediocre defense with CeeDee and Cooper out. But he still had Gallup, Cedric Wilson, Dalton Schultz Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard. But all timing was off because he didn’t have the guys he’s used to working with.

We can talk game manager all we want, and he killed us with turnovers today, but Tannehill’s in an impossible situation. No NFL caliber RBs (given that they were all literally free agents three weeks ago), no NFL caliber receivers or TEs, one of the worst pass blocking lines in football. QBs simply aren’t put in these circumstances and expected to succeed.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, i gotta be honest though, what more could we have done? at a certain point you just can't plan for your 1, 2, 4, and 5 receivers being out and your planned 3 busting so hard he gets cut. i'll say it again: the number of injuries this season is beyond bad luck to me and we really need to be casting an eye on how we're practicing and what our strength and conditioning program looks like. 

I mean, two and four have had hamstring injuries since August and we lost our starting TE in FA and added nothing. It’s a brutal set of circumstances, but we could’ve done better than Chester Rogers for receiver depth once the nagging injuries hit in training camp.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, two and four have had hamstring injuries since August and we lost our starting TE in FA and added nothing. It’s a brutal set of circumstances, but we could’ve done better than Chester Rogers for receiver depth once the nagging injuries hit in training camp.

the way we've handled the TE situation has been inexcusable, but there's just really not been much out there at WR even leading up to the trade deadline. odell and djax were never coming here, and there really wasn't much up for grabs midseason. i really don't know what we could've done there.

really though, it comes down to this: one thing i've heard the talking heads say about this team a lot over the past month is that we're well-coached and don't beat ourselves. much of the time that's true. today we beat the absolute hell out of ourselves, lol. it was plain to see. you don't double the other team's offensive yardage output and then lose if you don't shoot yourself in the foot a million times, and we did. injuries or no injuries, guys off the street at skill positions, whatever- if we even cut the turnovers in half we probably win the game. if we eliminate them we win this game without a doubt. it's really that simple. it's really up to tannehill to get on the same page as these guys, which he obviously wasn't today, and then go out there and try to grind it out while we're getting healthier.

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the way we've handled the TE situation has been inexcusable, but there's just really not been much out there at WR even leading up to the trade deadline. odell and djax were never coming here, and there really wasn't much up for grabs midseason. i really don't know what we could've done there.

I’ll admit to some hindsight. It was tough to imagine Josh Reynolds being as useless as he was, so I’m sure that factored into the perceived receiver depth.

The really tough thing for Tannehill today were the brutal playing conditions on top of a bunch of receivers he’s only lightly familiar with. Trying to get timing down is tough, trying to get timing right when players can barely accelerate out of their cuts is impossible. That red zone interception by King that was intended to Fitzpatrick was clearly RT throwing to a spot when he recognized he had a corner route against pure man coverage. But Dez was so hesitant out of his break that he was just completely beat to the spot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

really though, it comes down to this: one thing i've heard the talking heads say about this team a lot over the past month is that we're well-coached and don't beat ourselves. much of the time that's true. today we beat the absolute hell out of ourselves, lol. it was plain to see. you don't double the other team's offensive yardage output and then lose if you don't shoot yourself in the foot a million times, and we did. injuries or no injuries, guys off the street at skill positions, whatever- if we even cut the turnovers in half we probably win the game. if we eliminate them we win this game without a doubt. it's really that simple. it's really up to tannehill to get on the same page as these guys, which he obviously wasn't today, and then go out there and try to grind it out while we're getting healthier.

We murdered ourselves today. Super, super out of character. Not only that but we couldn't make a 1-8 team make a mistake and give us the ball. How do we not get one sack or takeaway against a 1 win team. Unexplainable. 

Watched the highlights. The absolute killer moment tho, was the Rogers absolute blown ST play. That play was out of this world. I think if we get the ball and go down and put points on the board there it's a totally different game. 

Hope we can reel it in and not let this Tannehill int thing become a problem. Because I could see him getting picked a couple times next week against that d. Hope this doesn't spiral.