Week 11 GDT: Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's the feeling of hopelessness for me. 
Where is the help coming from?  Where is the calvary?

No AJ. No Julio. No Henry. Shoot. No McNichols. No Swaim (I feel we missed him today.lol..)No Marcus Johnson now.
No Nate Davis. 
No Tart. No Evans. No Long. No Dupree. No Jenkins. 
Yeah we've been winning without pieces and it's been somewhat of a feather in the cap. 

Just sucks. 

The hope is we get healthy. No team is invincible to continuous injuries. Chiefs got absolutely smoked in the Super Bowl and this year because of injuries. It’s gonna take some luck and having players get healthy and hot at the right time. We are breaking records for injuries this year.

The Texans stink but they are still an nfl team and in the second half of the game could you really say we were 100 percent fielding 100 percent better players on offense than them? I actually think they had a better offense on the field in the second half, if not equal. Especially under the weather conditions.

A little over a month ago the Patriots were losing to Texans by a td heading into the 4th. NFL is week to week.

If we field that same Titans team every week, I think everyone knows we ain’t doing anything in the playoffs.

The hope is we get healthy enough to survive the season and get Henry back to maybe use in the playoffs. If those don’t fall in line I don’t think anyone thinks we can win a super bowl.

Edited by twotonebluenation

Well the one silver lining is that we shouldn't expect a game where we have 5 turnovers again. That has been a rare item.
So that is a positive. 
But Tanny has thrown more INTs this season than almost the first 2 with us combined.  So that's concerning.
I'm not confident he won't throw at least 2 more next week. 

But we shouldn't have 5 turnovers and if our defense plays pretty decent then we should be kind of competitive going forward. 

13 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, it's just a simple fact that we have at least one of these performances every season, usually more, and people are tired of that. heat of the moment it feels worse than it is, but it's undeniable that it's a trend, and it's delusion to look at this team with the state it's in now and think that we're super bowl caliber. we're banking hard on getting a ton of guys healthy while not racking up more injuries while also dealing with tannehill's worst season as a titan. there's always the chance things could fall into place, but right now things are looking pretty brutal. it's only rational not to feel great about this team's chances.

Losing to bad teams is a trend for every team in the league is the issue. Being uncertain about the rest of the season for the team is a reasonable thing given the injuries. Who knows who will get healthy when, and when they come back if they'll stay healthy, etc. But winning or losing a single game, regardless of the quality of opponent, never has and never will determine what a team is or isn't going to do

Losing to the Texans or Jets doesn't make us a fraud any more than beating the Bills or the Rams made us a super bowl favorite. There's way too much ebb and flow to football seasons to look at them in that light.

Edited by TitanLegend
  • Like 1

and listen, i know vrabel is just gonna keep banging the drum of “we’ll do it our way” and in some instances he’s right to, but i simply cannot believe any more that this kind of injury situation is just pure luck. at the very least i would do a full assessment of our strength and training practices this off-season and compare with other teams that are relatively healthy from year to year. injuries are unavoidable to an extent, that’s obvious, but having guys go down literally almost every drive is beyond the pale.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Losing to bad teams is a trend for every team in the league is the issue. Being uncertain about the rest of the season for the team is a reasonable thing given the injuries. Who knows who will get healthy when, and when they come back if they'll stay healthy, etc. But winning or losing a single game, regardless of the quality of opponent, never has and never will determine what a team is or isn't going to do

Losing to the Texans or Jets doesn't make us a fraud any more than beating the Bills or the Rams made us a super bowl favorite. There's way too much ebb and flow to football seasons to look at them in that light.

This is one of the more level header, non emotional statements I have heard in here in awhile. I like this sir.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Losing to bad teams is a trend for every team in the league is the issue.

it’s not for super bowl winners. i’ve already said this multiple times, i said it earlier in this thread, and nobody seems to have a response: no super bowl winner in the past decade has lost the way we have this year to bad teams. that doesn’t mean we can’t break the trend, but it does mean that right now we are not doing what serious contenders do and taking care of business the way we should. period.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it’s not for super bowl winners. i’ve already said this multiple times, i said it earlier in this thread, and nobody seems to have a response: no super bowl winner in the past decade has lost the way we have this year to bad teams. that doesn’t mean we can’t break the trend, but it does mean that right now we are not doing what serious contenders do and taking care of business the way we should. period.

So you got no one winning the super bowl this year? Lol.

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

So you got no one winning the super bowl this year? Lol.

would it kill you to actually read what i wrote? no other playoff team this year has lost two games to teams that will be picking top 5 come april, so it’s more likely to be one of them. no super bowl winner in the past decade aside from the 2018 patriots has even lost 2 games to teams that ended up picking in the top TEN, forget teams like the texans and jets who are angling for top 3 picks. you guys can deny it all you want: it’s a problem.

Just now, -Hope- said:

would it kill you to actually read what i wrote? no other playoff team this year has lost two games to teams that will be picking top 5 come april, so it’s more likely to be one of them. no super bowl winner in the past decade aside from the 2018 patriots has even lost 2 games to teams that ended up picking in the top TEN, forget teams like the texans and jets who are angling for top 3 picks. you guys can deny it all you want: it’s a problem.

Bro. R E L A X. It’s a joke. It’s me saying that everyone is bad.