Week 11 GDT: Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Meh, they scored 13 points on drives that went a combined seven yards. They were perfectly fine. 

I wasn’t saying they were bad by any means. I just thought we were going to make a 1-8 team with virtually no weapons make mistakes. Especially with our offensive injuries and the state we are in. Would have thought our d would have taken more advantage of Taylor and company. Especially when we have been making better offenses than that make mistakes.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

And it's why fans never truly can embrace them as a "legit" team. 
It's one thing if you lose hard fought games to a powerhouse team. 

But we routinely.....ROUTINELY drop games like this in terrible fashion.  And it's not like the Texans was just so good. 2nd half I don't know if they got an 1st down. 
But we were soooo bad. 
Who wants to sit in the rain and watch something like that. 

i legitimately feel bad for the fans who showed up today. that kind of weather plus the performance we put on the field...whew lol.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Peterson has 0 clue how to read blocks anymore. It's one aspect of his game you'd think would never diminish because it's mental, not physical, but here we are.

That fourth down run was it. It was a stupid play call, but it was Peterson’s pure indecisiveness that guaranteed it would fail.

Brewer and Quess make up 40% of our OL and we ended the game with NWI, Dez Fitzpatrick, Chester Rogers, Tommy Hudson/MyCole Pruitt, and Donte Hilliard/D'Onta Foreman as our group of skill position players.

Play-calling and poor Tannehill decisions aside, our talent level on offense isn't going to win a lot of games. That group made up about 65% of the guys on the field at the end of the game and none of them would start on any team in the NFL, whether it's a 1-8 team or not.

2 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Man I miss Henry so much. We see what our offense is without him and it ain't pretty.

It's not just Henry though. Tannehill has only been really bad when all three are out. Missing Henry hurts us, but when we lose AJ and Julio as well, we're toast.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i legitimately feel bad for the fans who showed up today. that kind of weather plus the performance we put on the field...whew lol.

Why would I not sell my seat for $100s if the odds are strong that they will do what they did today?  I mean I truly smelled it in the air and felt it all week. 
We were not going to look good or play well. I thought maybe we'd at least win, but I just knew we'd look frustratingly bad. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Why would I not sell my seat for $100s if the odds are strong that they will do what they did today?  I mean I truly smelled it in the air and felt it all week. 
We were not going to look good or play well. I thought maybe we'd at least win, but I just knew we'd look frustratingly bad. 

yeah. we keep tacking on these kinds of home losses year after year....performances like these stick in people's minds, and rightfully so. forget the L. it wasn't an exciting game, it wasn't a game where we fought hard and came up short, it wasn't the type of game where you can say, well, we lost but it was a good time. it was implosion and ineptitude and shooting ourselves in the foot over and over, and you just can't blame people for not wanting to show up for that mess when we've made a very public habit of it.

The loss of the King has really showed that we need to change our offensive philosophy. Our whole offense was legit built around Henry and now that he’s hurt our offense has no identity Even with our wins our offense hasn’t done much, it’s been the defense holding it down. Maybe it’s our oline holding us back but something needs to happen.