WK 9 GDT: (4-3) Titans vs (4-4) Ravens

titansNvolsR#1

29 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Excited to see some of the breakdowns about our secondary.

We haven't played the most elite of elite QBs lately, but good to see some plays made that should be made. 
If Byard keeps on his upward trend, it will only improve our secondary. 
Jackson is playing better.
Ryan has been solid.
Sims is a good CB.
If we can add one more CB that is at least above average, that would really make me feel good about our secondary.

IKR. The coaching staff can't even hide Brice McCain on special teams. The punter burned him for a 1st down on a fake punt. SMH.  

24 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Defense is coming together nicely... if the pass rush can come around and start completing sacks like last year, we'll really be poppin'.  I'mma have to eat my words against JRob's direction/approach to the secondary, especially the Jackson pick which I was never a fan of.  

I can agree that bringing in another CB to compete with Sims would be good this offseason... but my focus would be to bring another rounded or S guy to compliment our guys.  I still don't feel good about the coverage abilities of our S's if Byard has to sit a few series, games, etc... 

We’re missing a true NT that can eat up space & collapse the pocket inside, & we're also missing a great blitz ILB, if we fix them 2 areas of need next offseason this defense will be elite.  Adoree is getting better just has to start trusting what he sees & playing off instinct, & those interceptions will come. I can tell right now he’s playing to keep everything in front of him & not get beat deep. He’s not reading routes when he’s in zone or sitting or sitting on the WR. Sims is good though I wish he was more physical in bump & run. McCain is god awful he’s in the class of Reynaldo hill, parish cox, Andre wolflork bad ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

51 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

We’re missing a true NT that can eat up space & collapse the pocket inside, & we're also missing a great blitz ILB, if we fix them 2 areas of need next offseason this defense will be elite.  Adoree is getting better just has to start trusting what he sees & playing off instinct, & those interceptions will come. I can tell right now he’s playing to keep everything in front of him & not get beat deep. He’s not reading routes when he’s in zone or sitting or sitting on the WR. Sims is good though I wish he was more physical in bump & run. McCain is god awful he’s in the class of Reynaldo hill, parish cox, Andre wolflork bad ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I'm typically about the NT... but we've been doing good there this season... we're 4th in the league allowing 3.6 ypc.  We're 10th in rushing ypg, under 100... and I know we keep going back to the Houston game... but I feel that truly is an outlier this season.  If we take that game away, we'd be ranked 5th at 85.9 rush ypg.  

If anything, our Dline needs to be able to create a little more pressure from someone not Casey. 

I can definitely agree on a pass rusher at OLB... a difference maker there would be great.  Rak and Morgan are solid, but both are getting up in age... and they haven't been able to finish this season for whatever reason (even with the improved secondary).  Maybe it's something that's corrected the 2nd half of the season, but would still be nice to get that next guy on the roster next season.  

The entire off-season really just needs to be focused on the defense. Maybe we bring in a new guard or whatever on offense but for the most part the offense should be set for the foreseeable future. LeBeau has proven once again this year he still knows how to maximize the talent you give him. I'm not sure how much longer we're gonna get to have him as DC, but I'd like to give him the top tier talent his mind deserves and get to go on at least one run with an elite defense under him, cause I feel like he's still capable of coordinating a defense at that level, just need to give him the talent.

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I'm typically about the NT... but we've been doing good there this season... we're 4th in the league allowing 3.6 ypc.  We're 10th in rushing ypg, under 100... and I know we keep going back to the Houston game... but I feel that truly is an outlier this season.  If we take that game away, we'd be ranked 5th at 85.9 rush ypg.  

If anything, our Dline needs to be able to create a little more pressure from someone not Casey. 

I can definitely agree on a pass rusher at OLB... a difference maker there would be great.  Rak and Morgan are solid, but both are getting up in age... and they haven't been able to finish this season for whatever reason (even with the improved secondary).  Maybe it's something that's corrected the 2nd half of the season, but would still be nice to get that next guy on the roster next season.  

See here’s my take on that, if you watch most of our games our edge rushers gets there,but because we don’t have a dominant nose tackle that requires a Double team, the QB just step ups in the pocket when he feels the rush from the outside. If we had an inside presence far as rushing the passer at the nose, Casey would get 1 on 1s, we could collapse the pocket & our edge rushers will get more sacks. Why is that because well be throwing the QB off his spots when trying to climb the pocket. 

20 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The entire off-season really just needs to be focused on the defense. Maybe we bring in a new guard or whatever on offense but for the most part the offense should be set for the foreseeable future. LeBeau has proven once again this year he still knows how to maximize the talent you give him. I'm not sure how much longer we're gonna get to have him as DC, but I'd like to give him the top tier talent his mind deserves and get to go on at least one run with an elite defense under him, cause I feel like he's still capable of coordinating a defense at that level, just need to give him the talent.

Exactly I feel that our defense isn’t as aggressive like a lebeaus old PIT defenses. 

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Any guesses to when we see Adoree on offense  again? Gotta be in Pitt right? Next time they need to have Taylor involved in some way shape of form even if it’s a wild cat look with a reverse to Mariota or something (its Tuesday just having fun with the trick play stuff)

We need to get Taywan on the field period, the guy adds another explosive threat & he makes plays when given the chance, Mariota himself even said we have to find ways to get him the ball, but leave it to the HC to keep playing 3 possession WR sets & HB on 1 leg. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

12 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

We need to get Taywan on the field period, the guy adds another explosive threat & he makes plays when given the chance, Mariota himself even said we have to find ways to get him the ball, but leave it to the HC to keep playing 3 possession WR sets & HB on 1 leg. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Ya Ive been in the Taylor bandwagon all year the issue is they love Decker so much. Granted with Davis back it does push Decker to the slot which is the right thing but the issue is Robiskie as usual. When the run game just isn’t working that’s when they should spread the field and get him on the field more have Marcus carve them up for a few with the hope it leads to better running lanes 

i hate to be the eternal pessimist but i don't understand how anybody can consider the defense to be "coming together nicely" at this point. we just played the worst passing team in the nfl and the browns. if we didn't look good against them we'd be in real trouble

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i hate to be the eternal pessimist but i don't understand how anybody can consider the defense to be "coming together nicely" at this point. we just played the worst passing team in the nfl and the browns. if we didn't look good against them we'd be in real trouble

The defense has truly only had one terrible game this year. I mean, it was incredibly terrible, but it was the only time we've allowed more than 27. There are frustrating aspects for sure, but it hasn't been all that bad.

21 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

It's also looked good against the Seahawks and Jags when you remove garbage time, two of the better offenses in football this year, both teams in the top 10 in yards and points. If you remove the game vs Houston the defense is only allowing 17.7 ppg, which would rank 8th best in football. That number gets even better if you remove the garbage time points scored(but as I've said before, to be fair in ranking you'd have to do that for every team).

Short of the abysmal Houston game, the defense has been good this year. Yes a lot of it has come against average or worse offenses, but even the two good offenses we've played, we played pretty well against.

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

But we did look good against them. So aren't we happy about that??

So we aren't in trouble?  Lol

Archived