TNF: Patriots @ Falcons

Apparition

28-3?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. 28-3?

• 28-3 :D
    • 28-3 :'(

The Patriots will visit Atlanta for the first time since ripping the still-beating heart out of Falcons fans everywhere and devouring it on national television. They're riding a 4-game winning streak and have put themselves in the thick of the jumbled AFC playoff race (currently holding the 2nd wild card spot and half a game out of first place in the AFC East).

The Falcons are trying to rebound from a 43-3 fustigation at the hands of the Cowboys and have had difficulty finding an identity for themselves all season, despite hanging around the periphery of the NFC playoff picture. They are currently dead last in the league in DVOA and are possessors  of the 4th from the bottom point differential on the whole. 

VKui200sUpKnBS45P-SJJnGfE7NoMOtgoyiP8-XzOYXxiKONnbGNF_F16Pg6i7nyF-KUXIxybOoeaR-ZjzwtLj3XPWks8ibANC0j_adh3t-_VVxQp2FZW2tcVFHspGXqAtjJyQGR

299.gif

Record:

6-4

4-5

Total Offense:

356.2 YPG (15th)

324.2 YPG (25th)

Passing Offense:

241.7 YPG (14th)

241.3 YPG (15th)

Rushing Offense:

114.5 YPG (16th)

82.9 (29th)

3rd Down Offense:

46.9% (4th)

40.3% (14th)

Points Scored:

27.5 PPG (6th)

19.8 PPG (25th)

Total Defense:

328.0 YPG (6th)

368.3YPG (31st)

Passing Defense:

220.1 YPG (8th)

246.2 YPG (17th)

Rushing Defense:

107.9 YPG (14th)

122.1 YPG (21st)

3rd Down Defense:

36.9% (10th)

47.3% (31st)

Points Allowed:

17.7 PPG (2nd)

29.2 PPG (31st)

Turnover Differential

+3

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 3

Maths GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I see what you did there. 

This looks like a really bad matchup for the Falcons, the Pats play a lot of man coverage and their WRs cant get open, they are not good running the ball. Cordarrelle Patterson will be a game time decision due to an ankle injury. They can't stop anyone on 3rd down, are dead last on sacks and bleed points.

Edited by The Third Rider

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

as a proud pats hater, I remember part of me wanting NE to score some points to make the game interesting, but then they never stopped and ATL offense went ghost 💀

The most ironic thing is that as far as moving the ball, they basically did what they needed in order to ice that game. They had one drive stall out at the Patriots 42, and another that reached the Pats 23 and was knocked back to the 45 by a sack and a holding penalty. It was such an unlikely confluence of factors that cost them that game that I don't think we'll ever see another like that for a long time. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Apparition said:

The most ironic thing is that as far as moving the ball, they basically did what they needed in order to ice that game. They had one drive stall out at the Patriots 42, and another that reached the Pats 23 and was knocked back to the 45 by a sack and a holding penalty. It was such an unlikely confluence of factors that cost them that game that I don't think we'll ever see another like that for a long time. 

I thought ATL had the game won when Jones made that great catch that got them into FG range and they still came away with no points. I honestly think that might be the most painful lose in North American pro sports history when you consider ATL going for its 1st title and how rare it is to lose a game like that.

• Like 1

Just now, August4th said:

I thought ATL had the game won when Jones made that great catch that got them into FG range and they still came away with no points. I honestly think that might be the most painful lose in North American pro sports history when you consider ATL going for its 1st title and how rare it is to lose a game like that.

It's between that and the Steve Bartman game

@Apparition Brutal! 😂

If we can't enjoy a winning a superbowl after being down 28-3 then what are we even doing here.

I feel for ATL missing Ridley and C-Pat, and I feel for McGary going up against Judon. But maybe TNF at home is an equalizer? We don't know much about ATL at all (according to BB...). Still, I got to expect a win even if it's close

14 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

On paper, looks like a pretty straightforward win for the Pats. The only problem is that it’s a TNF game where weird things happen. Sometimes teams just aren’t ready. How does Mac react to playing again so soon? Matt Ryan has more than a decade of experience on him. 

Yeah, exactly. I expect to be frustrated.