Coach of the Year

biggie.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nope. Not even close. Like not even in the same stratosphere.

This is where we'll disagree. Perhaps with a no-context "QB vs RB" discussion, sure. But Derrick Henry is that rare player who has a similar impact to a top tier/MVP QB.

This isn't a knock on Lamar (who I think highly of as a passer and playmaker) this is acknowledging a back who can reel off a 200/3 performance on any given day - as we've seen over the last 40+ games.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And the Titans got games out of literally all of those guys(?) this year. We got nothing from Dobbins, Stanley or Peters.

Not arguing against that, but losing key guys is still complex. I guess this shades slightly in the direction of the Ravens, but I'm still holding the line of the more influential loss being Derrick Henry. I think we'll really see that as we get closer to December (aka Derrick Henry season...)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

This is where we'll disagree. Perhaps with a no-context "QB vs RB" discussion, sure. But Derrick Henry is that rare player who has a similar impact to a top tier/MVP QB.

This isn't a knock on Lamar (who I think highly of as a passer and playmaker) this is acknowledging a back who can reel off a 200/3 performance on any given day - as we've seen over the last 40+ games.

Both players are similar in that the scheme is built around them, but losing a RB is simply not comparable to losing a QB, and especially not a QB like Lamar, who is also a huge part of our ground game (and literally the only reason it's ranked as high as it is). The Titans are still winning games without Henry, the Ravens would go winless without Lamar.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Not arguing against that, but losing key guys is still complex. I guess this shades slightly in the direction of the Ravens, but I'm still holding the line of the more influential loss being Derrick Henry. I think we'll really see that as we get closer to December (aka Derrick Henry season...)

Yeah I agree with you that out of everyone listed on IR, Henry is the most influential, but when you sum up the players we've lost and the players the Titans have lost and what each team got out of them this season, IMHO it's not even close that we've lost more than they have. No games with Stanley, Peters or Dobbins > 8 games or whatever without Henry (who is really the only notable name on IR for that team right now unless we still think Julio Jones should count when literally everyone knew he was going to end up on IR at some point?).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Do you think the one I posted (starts missed) is better? It completely ignores all the scenarios you're talking about and just accounts for starters. However, at the same time some guys (like Nick Boyle, for example) are technically backup players (#2 TE) but play a very pivotal role in how our offense works, so I guess it's harder to decipher that one. But I do absolutely agree, trying to inflate your stats by pretending a backup K or #6 CB missing games for injury matters is disingenuous. 

Personally, I've always just gone off the chart ManGamesLost posts each week, because that provides an accurate reference for each team, and uses an unbiased (though flawed) stat to calculate the value of the players lost.

Like, it's super clear Tennessee has the most injuries (Balt in second but a good chunk behind.) But a few different teams have had more impactful ones (Green Bay, Baltimore, San Fran, etc.)

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Personally, I've always just gone off the chart ManGamesLost posts each week, because that provides an accurate reference for each team, and uses an unbiased (though flawed) stat to calculate the value of the players lost.

Like, it's super clear Tennessee has the most injuries (Balt in second but a good chunk behind.) But a few different teams have had more impactful ones (Green Bay, Baltimore, San Fran, etc.)

Yeah and like you said, if your #6 CB goes on IR, are you really injured as a team? Nah. Tennessee has a ton of (non-impactful) players on IR so people look at this and go "wow they're so injured!" when in reality they're not sans Derrick Henry.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah and like you said, if your #6 CB goes on IR, are you really injured as a team? Nah. Tennessee has a ton of (non-impactful) players on IR so people look at this and go "wow they're so injured!" when in reality they're not sans Derrick Henry.

They’ve had way more than just a #6 CB injured though. The list is massive. Out of the 22 starters, only 9 haven’t missed a game(Tannehill, Saffold, Ben Jones, Simmons, Autry, Landry, Byard, Qussenberry, and Jenkins). So saying it’s only non-impactful players missing time outside of Henry is a joke. CB1 Kristian Fulton missed 4 weeks. LB1 David Long is about to miss his 3rd game this season. LB2 Jayon Brown missed 5 games, LB3 Rashaan Evans is about to miss his 2nd game. Starting safety Amani Hooker has missed 4 games. Big free agent edge rusher signing Bud Dupree has missed 4 starts(might as well be 5 since he played 1 snap last week). These are important players whether you want to admit it or not. That’s just the defensive side. WR1 AJ Brown has only missed one start(Jets) but only played 8 snaps against the Colts(1st matchup) and dealt with hamstring issues and food poisoning throughout the season. WR2 Julio Jones - Don’t get me started on him. Basically a bummed hamstring all year and is on IR now. WR3 Marcus Johnson has been on IR. All 4 TEs have missed time throughout the year. LT1 Taylor Lewan - Also don’t get me started but has missed 3 starts and numerous did not finishes in games. RG1 Nate Davis has missed a couple games due to concussions. And then we get to the heart and soul of the team. The player that every defense keys in on. He’s missed two games so far and expected to miss the rest of the season(at least the regular season). You can downplay his impact all you want because he’s a RB but he’s clearly our most important player. You also said before that any RB could run behind that OL. Clearly that’s not true….

And as I type this….

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Green Bay has seen a decent amount of key injuries/ games lost for 2021

David Bahktiari missed 10 games thus far.  (2020 all-pro LT)

ZaDarius Smith played 1 games, missed 9 and still on IR. (2020 all-pro OLB)

Jaire Alexander played 4 games, missed 6 and still on IR. (2020 all-pro CB)

Elgton Jenkins missed 3 games.  LT starter with Bahktiari out. (2020 pro bowl LG)

Josh Meyers missed 5 games and currently on IR.  Starting center

Robert Tonyan played 8, out for season.  Starting TE

MVS missed 5 games.  WR #2

Preston Smith missed 1 game as starting OLB.

Kevin King missed 5 games.....not shocking...starting CB

Eric Stokes missed 1 game.  CB3 (starting since Jaire is on IR)

Adams, Lazard and Rodgers all missed 1 game due to COVID.

Add in the depth players.... Kylin Hill, Dominique Dafney, Dennis Kelly, Vernon Scott, Whitney Mercilus 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Green Bay has seen a decent amount of key injuries/ games lost for 2021

David Bahktiari missed 10 games thus far.  (2020 all-pro LT)

ZaDarius Smith played 1 games, missed 9 and still on IR. (2020 all-pro OLB)

Jaire Alexander played 4 games, missed 6 and still on IR. (2020 all-pro CB)

Elgton Jenkins missed 3 games.  LT starter with Bahktiari out. (2020 pro bowl LG)

Josh Meyers missed 5 games and currently on IR.  Starting center

Robert Tonyan played 8, out for season.  Starting TE

MVS missed 5 games.  WR #2

Preston Smith missed 1 game as starting OLB.

Kevin King missed 5 games.....not shocking...starting CB

Eric Stokes missed 1 game.  CB3 (starting since Jaire is on IR)

Adams, Lazard and Rodgers all missed 1 game due to COVID.

Add in the depth players.... Kylin Hill, Dominique Dafney, Dennis Kelly, Vernon Scott, Whitney Mercilus 

This is what an actual injured team looks like.

8 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Enough said

Shorter time on IR is going to raise those numbers.  Ability to promote/demote to- from practice squad also changes the numbers.  

Still a lot of injuries, but comparing to previous seasons with different rules is potentially misleading