Coach of the Year

biggie.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

If they fall down, and I expect them to somewhat, he'll lose it. But it's 100% his to lose at this point, I think

at present time, he would be the winner, i agree

i just think he has so many game decision flaws, so he not actually the best coach

But Coach of the Year unless someone goes 14+ wins is really the Most Unexpectedly Good Team

doing it without henry helps his cause

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

Teams that are improved over 2020

• Cincy is on somewhat of an upswing.  4-11-1 in 2020 and 5-4 this season.  How they finish might put Zac Taylor in the mix.
  • Denver is at their 2020 win total.  doubtful they have the talent at QB to push for a playoff spot from the AFC West 
  • Dallas is well ahead of their 2020 record. How much of that is simply Dak being back vs McCarthy is open for debate.
  • Arizona started out hot and has since cooled a bit.  if they can make a late season run, Kingsbury might get some attention

Teams that are overcoming injuries

• Tennessee with the loss of Henry and less so Julio might give Vrabel a shot.  They also have some of the more impressive wins in the NFL overall.  highest strength of victory of the playoff contending teams in the AFC
  • New Orleans with Thomas being out, Brees retiring, Winston getting injured.  Payton might get some attention with wins over GB and TB ( and the NE win is continuing to look better).  highest strength of victory among the NFC playoff contenders

Top record teams

• GB and LaFleur might get some attention if they can secure the #1 seed.   Not much of a shocker since they were the #1 seed in 2020.   maybe navigating the Rodgers offseason drama along with the inseason Rodgers COVID attention gets him some points. 
  • TEN and Vrabel just continuing to win with key loss of Henry and have the big wins against other top teams.  

I would say right now, Vrabel would be my leader based on record and having the top seed in the AFC along with the big statement victories over BUF, KC, LAR, INDY x2 and keeping things together (thus far) with the loss of Henry

I hate to say it but Matt LaFleur has taken a Packers unit that was totally lost and confused in the off-season and made them unstoppable. Aaron Rodgers is playing with fire and the D is performing. 

Mike McCarthy for not having the team implode (yet) and finally looking decent 

17 hours ago, squire12 said:

Teams that are improved over 2020

• Cincy is on somewhat of an upswing.  4-11-1 in 2020 and 5-4 this season.  How they finish might put Zac Taylor in the mix.
  • Denver is at their 2020 win total.  doubtful they have the talent at QB to push for a playoff spot from the AFC West 
  • Dallas is well ahead of their 2020 record. How much of that is simply Dak being back vs McCarthy is open for debate.
  • Arizona started out hot and has since cooled a bit.  if they can make a late season run, Kingsbury might get some attention

Teams that are overcoming injuries

• Tennessee with the loss of Henry and less so Julio might give Vrabel a shot.  They also have some of the more impressive wins in the NFL overall.  highest strength of victory of the playoff contending teams in the AFC
  • New Orleans with Thomas being out, Brees retiring, Winston getting injured.  Payton might get some attention with wins over GB and TB ( and the NE win is continuing to look better).  highest strength of victory among the NFC playoff contenders

Top record teams

• GB and LaFleur might get some attention if they can secure the #1 seed.   Not much of a shocker since they were the #1 seed in 2020.   maybe navigating the Rodgers offseason drama along with the inseason Rodgers COVID attention gets him some points. 
  • TEN and Vrabel just continuing to win with key loss of Henry and have the big wins against other top teams.  

I would say right now, Vrabel would be my leader based on record and having the top seed in the AFC along with the big statement victories over BUF, KC, LAR, INDY x2 and keeping things together (thus far) with the loss of Henry

He should also be under the "Teams Overcoming Injuries" list. 

21 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

right now its easily Mike Vrabel. He's 8-2, has 7 wins over playoff teams from last year. lost Henry and is still winning, has by far the most injuries to deal with, so much so that he's probably going to set a record with weeks remaining in the season. 

By far the most injuries? Eh, don't think so. 

That's GB by a sizeable margin the last time I saw the weighted man-games-lost chart.

25 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

right now its easily Mike Vrabel. He's 8-2, has 7 wins over playoff teams from last year. lost Henry and is still winning, has by far the most injuries to deal with, so much so that he's probably going to set a record with weeks remaining in the season. 

Team with the most current players on IR: Giants (17)

Team with the most total players on IR: Jets / Ravens (29)

Current Cap % on IR: Broncos (22%)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/injured-reserve/

This is just patently false.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls