Week 12: Rams @ Packers - GB WINS 36-28, moves to 9-3! HAPPY BYE WEEK!

FAH1223

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

I felt bad making that joke because I've actually watched everything online from pre merger Packers and he's not necessarily wrong. And football wasn't as archaic then as most think, but I just had to say something stupid.

That being said, I miss the nicknames. It seemed like EVERYONE had one back then, so good call. 

Perhaps not all from the same era, but they had some pretty cool ones....

"Hacksaw" Reynolds....Ted "The Stork" Hendricks..."Sweetness"...."The Kansas Comet"...Billy "White Shoes" Johnson....Ed "Too Tall" Jones...."The Nigerian Nightmare"...."The Galloping Ghost"

15 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

"Hacksaw" Reynolds....Ted "The Stork" Hendricks..."Sweetness"...."The Kansas Comet"...Billy "White Shoes" Johnson....Ed "Too Tall" Jones...."The Nigerian Nightmare"...."The Galloping Ghost"

William "The Refrigerator" Perry! Even though he played for the Bears, it was a cool nick name. And Kenny "The Snake" Stabler of the Raiders. 

29 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Pro cycling is the last pro sport with great nicknames - "The Gorilla" "The Manx Missile" "Spartacus" "Der Panzerwagen" "The Shark" 

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

The kind of insider info I pay extra for with the Shefty “Johnny on the Spot” takes.

This is a big game, they all are, LA coming off their bye and us limping into ours steals some thunder of what could be a very good one. I’m not very confident in our D in this one, mainly due to injuries. If the offense can get some rhythm and pound the rock, I think we could beat the odds. Hope that Lambeau chill cuts deep when the LA team gets to town. 

*reply fail

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

ESPN -   The Los Angeles Rams and the Green Bay Packers were the two most appealing teams to Odell Beckham during the star wide receiver's recent free agency.

Although he ended up joining the Rams, Beckham had a sincere interest in playing for the Packers, sources told ESPN.

Green Bay was one of the final two teams Beckham considered -- along with the Rams -- but one issue that bogged down any contract talks was that the Packers were only offering the veteran's minimum plus incentives, according to sources.

The Packers were asked to increase their offer to Beckham on multiple occasions, according to sources. But when Green Bay declined, Beckham chose the Rams, which some sources thought to be his preferred destination all along.

"He wasn't going to take the same, or less money, to go to Green Bay (over Los Angeles)," one source familiar with the contract talks told ESPN.

Many sources believed the Rams became the immediate favorite to land Beckham once they entered the discussions, about 48 hours before Beckham ultimately decided to sign with them.

15 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

When you cruise around on PFR too, and you start clicking around on random guys nobody's ever heard of, you find some great ones that you've never heard of. 

12 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

If we focus on the run and getting rid of the ball quickly I think 12 will be okay. If not.... Well, I just hope you are not correct.

Patchwork OL vs rested and much healthier DL

DL that very likely is looking for some payback from division round playoff game last year.

Donald might want to prove something and he options to go against are Runyan - Patrick - Newman.  I think Donald will find a weakness and exploit it.  

Rodgers can get into tendency of holding the ball and looking for big play.

13 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Wow, "per source" Jones would get two weeks of rest if he doesn't play because GB has a bye next week. That's crazy...

Lol a whole lot of words to essentially say nothing. How does Schefty do it!

In any case, game-time decision for GB players=Inactive. Just makes little sense for them to play him with the BYE week coming up right after.