Week 12: Rams @ Packers - GB WINS 36-28, moves to 9-3! HAPPY BYE WEEK!

FAH1223

23 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

The ref was right there - he definitely saw it.  I’m more bummed that Runyan didn’t put Donald in a chokehold right there.  I mean come on dude, at least pull Donald off your dude!

Runyan did the right thing. Let Donald draw a penalty....which should have happened.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

The ref was right there - he definitely saw it.  I’m more bummed that Runyan didn’t put Donald in a chokehold right there.  I mean come on dude, at least pull Donald off your dude!

I have to imagine a lot of that stuff goes on under piles, in the scrum etc. Refs need to make the call when they see someone literally going for the throat. Play like that can cause serious injury, should be heavily penalized. Hope Donald makes a donation this week for that bush league bs. 

1 hour ago, oldmansmell said:

The rams are soft. If Cobb catches that punt, we aren't even having a discussion except for how dominating of a performance we just witnessed.

True.  Conversely, the discussion is also different if we don't recover two fumbles deep in their territory for 10 points, and get a pick 6 for 7 more.  They got 3 off turnovers, we got 17, right? 

Not sure it's correct, but I thought I'd heard somebody say we're 0-3 when we don't get an INT, undefeated when we do?  (I do understand that defense can force turnovers, to some degree; and that being ahead can also cause turnovers, since teams playing catchup take more risks.) 

But man, of all of Rodgers' skills, his ability to not turn it over is an important one.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

Runyan did the right thing. Let Donald draw a penalty....which should have happened.

You can pull a guy away who’s choking your player without getting flagged. We all agreed about 20 pages back in this thread that the ref should’ve made the call.

That said, this isn’t the NHL and Runyan made the correct decision because he know’s his guys aren’t pu$$ies and they can handle themselves.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

You can pull a guy away who’s choking your player without getting flagged. We all agreed about 20 pages back in this thread that the ref should’ve made the call.

That said, this isn’t the NHL and Runyan made the correct decision because he know’s his guys aren’t pu$$ies and they can handle themselves.

I get it but so often the retaliation draws the penalty.

Postgame thoughts:

+s

+AJ Dillon is the biggest plus, often getting 4-6 yards when the play is only blocked for 1-2, always picking up first downs on 3rd/4th and short, and still showing nice hands and moves in the open field. 

+Rodgers accuracy seemed better than it has been lately, looked good going down the field. Still feels like he is turning down easy completions at times though. 

+OLine looked good enough to get us by: pressure at times, but not devastating. 

+tackling remains remarkably consistent on this defense. Loved the Amos 4th down stop and Clark’s TFL where he sprang like a bunny. 

+Douglas and FO for bringing him in. 

-s

-not unexpected, but the Tipa+Hamilton EDGE combo was a clear liability. 

-still dropping potential picks. Really need to make more of these plays that are right there.  

-refs are always here. Seemed like our WRs were getting manhandled in the EZ; that Donald choking non-penalty; and as a fair catch was signaled, Cobb is supposed to have the exclusive rights to that punt until it hits the ground. Since the defender plucked it out of the air, it should have remained Packers ball. Didn’t really notice anything the Packers got away with apart from maybe Nijman moving a bit early. Aren’t they supposed to be hometown refs?

-can we just have one injury-free game?

Ugly-

I know many are gonna say Crosby but I remain not so concerned.  It’s not complete shanks, I think we’ll get back to good at some point, hopefully sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, craig said:

True.  Conversely, the discussion is also different if we don't recover two fumbles deep in their territory for 10 points, and get a pick 6 for 7 more.  They got 3 off turnovers, we got 17, right? 

Not sure it's correct, but I thought I'd heard somebody say we're 0-3 when we don't get an INT, undefeated when we do?  (I do understand that defense can force turnovers, to some degree; and that being ahead can also cause turnovers, since teams playing catchup take more risks.) 

But man, of all of Rodgers' skills, his ability to not turn it over is an important one.  

To me muffed punts are different in kind. That is a bad play, and yes they gave us a turnover, but we can't have a solid defensive stand end with Cobb dropping a fair catch. Not the same as them fumbling on a competitive play.