Week 11 Overreactions: The "Tyrod Taylor is the Texans' QBOTF" Edition

AFlaccoSeagulls

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

There are three HoF guys in that discussion (Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James) and yet this doesn't feel like an overreaction...

Dickerson was great with the Rams and a good workhorse with the Colts. No way is he best team RB.

Faulk is similar. He was good to very good on the Colts but great on the Rams (3.8 ypc vs 4.8 on the GSoT)

Edge was a damn fine young back and that's all its fair to compare him with to Taylor.

Edge had 4442 yards from scrimmage, 35 TDs, and led the league in rushing in years 1 and 2.

Edge was not really great again until years 6 and 7 so Taylor may outshine him in the long run but Edge gets the um....  so far.

Wow, Lenny Moore was a Marshall Faulk type dual threat beast in the 50s and 60s. I say he wins.

He led the league in yards per touch his first 6 years. He also had lots of yards from scrimmage and lots of TDs.

7416 yards from scrimmage in his first 73 games.

96 TDs in his first 104 games.

He was 2nd to Jim Brown in TDs until Riggins and Sweetness passed him in the 80's (17 or 18 years later)

I never knew how good he was other than knowing he was a good back in the day player.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

There are three HoF guys in that discussion (Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James) and yet this doesn't feel like an overreaction...

Yeesh! It's definitely still in overreaction territory. Or at least premature. Premature overreaction for sure. Don't feel bad though we've all been there.

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

After a down year for the Patriots last year, they're back.

That was an overreaction like a month ago. Or certainly two months ago when Patriots fan legitimately -- LEGITIMATELY -- were already saying things like "I'm not saying Mac Jones is going to be as good as Tom Brady, but he could be so let's just wait and see."

But now? Given the crumbling state of the AFC around them? That's just a real, defensible take.

7 hours ago, DannyB said:

That was an overreaction like a month ago. Or certainly two months ago when Patriots fan legitimately -- LEGITIMATELY -- were already saying things like "I'm not saying Mac Jones is going to be as good as Tom Brady, but he could be so let's just wait and see."

But now? Given the crumbling state of the AFC around them? That's just a real, defensible take.

Yeah I agree. It's almost like both Brady and Belichick were all-time good at their jobs lol.

23 hours ago, DannyB said:

Yea the somewhat overreaction was beneath that line