Weekly NFC seeding down the stretch

BAM

12 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

Washington is now the 7th seed overtaking the ViKings.

So we’d be hosting them at Lambeau if postseason was this week 

While I am a guy who believes that teams should do anything other than look at who they are playing and focus on their goals, as a fan I have to admit I am hoping that the Vikings fail to secure a playoff spot.  Especially at Lambeau, I think the Packers are a far superior team to the Vikings, but I'd always prefer to avoid a division rival with the high degree of familiarity that goes with facing them in a playoff game. 

Post Monday update:

1ARICardinals 9-2, 5-2
2GBPackers 9-3, 7-2
3TBBuccaneers 8-3, 5-3
4DALCowboys 7-4. 5-1
5LARRams 7-4. 5-3
6SF 49ers 6-5, 5-4
7WSHWashington 5-6, 5-2
11PHIEagles 5-7, 4-4
12CARPanthers 5-7, 3-5

Edited by BAM
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 7:30 PM, Refugee said:

Winning out will be tough, but not impossible. That Baltimore game looms large. I want some payback in January against Min but that won’t be a creampuff game. The Bears will have no lack of bulletin board material against their owner, but don’t think they have the talent to pull of the upset in Lambeau. Just hope there are no late hits etc. that KC game was oh so winnable and sucks we didn’t have what it took with QB2 and bottom of the barrel ST. Bring on the bye. LaFleur has not been great postbye so I hope we can set that right starting with those lousy Bears. 

I think the Cards could drop one, at least if it's cold enough in Chicago this next week, or if the Rams finally get it together and pound them in a rematch.

The team we gotta look out for is the Bucs though because this is the time of year TB12 always starts getting in playoff mode, and they got a bunch of bad opponents coming up starting with the awful Falcons on Sunday.  Their best chance of losing appears to be the game at home vs the Bills, if the good Josh Allen shows up.

Edited by LLcheesehead12

11 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I think the Cards could drop one, at least if it's cold enough in Chicago this next week, or if the Rams finally get it together and pound them in a rematch.

The team we gotta look out for is the Bucs though because this is the time of year TB12 always starts getting in playoff mode, and they got a bunch of bad opponents coming up starting with the awful Falcons on Sunday.  Their best chance of losing appears to be the game at home vs the Bills, if the good Josh Allen shows up.

I think the Cards drop a few actually, but you're right about Tampa Bay. They have ABsolutely insane coming back very soon who is clearly Brady's #1 target over both Godwin and Evans and Fournette's heating up. They're going to win out with their only potential loss coming against Buffalo in a shootout; I still have them beating Buffalo.

On the other hand, the only team on our schedule that scares me at this point is actually the Browns because that could easily be a trap game as the Lions game could be as well. With that in tow, we need to be completely focused on the playoffs right now regardless of whether or not we have to go through Tampa Bay or not, which by our luck we probably will. We will also need the full compliment of players that are currently on IR, mainly Myers and Alexander. We cannot go into another playoff game against Tampa with Lucas Patrick at Center or RG due to what happened last time and we will most likely need Nijman to really step up; he'll get his first real test against Myles Garrett IMO.

11 hours ago, BAM said:

While I am a guy who believes that teams should do anything other than look at who they are playing and focus on their goals, as a fan I have to admit I am hoping that the Vikings fail to secure a playoff spot.  Especially at Lambeau, I think the Packers are a far superior team to the Vikings, but I'd always prefer to avoid a division rival with the high degree of familiarity that goes with facing them in a playoff game. 

Post Monday update:

1ARICardinals 9-2, 5-2
2GBPackers 9-3, 7-2
3TBBuccaneers 8-3, 5-3
4DALCowboys 7-4. 5-1
5LARRams 7-4. 5-3
6SF 49ers 6-5, 5-4
7WSHWashington 5-6, 5-2
11PHIEagles 5-7, 4-4
12CARPanthers 5-7, 3-5

Go falcons!

thats the team i want to play if we get the 2 seed

On 11/30/2021 at 9:28 PM, Joe said:

I think the Cards drop a few actually, but you're right about Tampa Bay. They have ABsolutely insane coming back very soon who is clearly Brady's #1 target over both Godwin and Evans and Fournette's heating up. They're going to win out with their only potential loss coming against Buffalo in a shootout; I still have them beating Buffalo.

On the other hand, the only team on our schedule that scares me at this point is actually the Browns because that could easily be a trap game as the Lions game could be as well. With that in tow, we need to be completely focused on the playoffs right now regardless of whether or not we have to go through Tampa Bay or not, which by our luck we probably will. We will also need the full compliment of players that are currently on IR, mainly Myers and Alexander. We cannot go into another playoff game against Tampa with Lucas Patrick at Center or RG due to what happened last time and we will most likely need Nijman to really step up; he'll get his first real test against Myles Garrett IMO.

Nahh, Cleveland won't do nuthin .... lol just kidding.

No in all seriousness it is true the Browns are a volatile team that you just don't know what you're going to get with.  But they come under a little fire recently for their offense's performances, and barely beating an already bad Detroit team starting Tim Boyle doesn't look too good on their part.  Plus, maybe I'm just hung up on a few recent December memories like what we did to the Titans last year here in December, but I see that kind of trend continuing on Christmas day.

Baltimore is the most challenging opponent we got left, even if Lamar Jackson doesn't always play lights out.  Lucky comeback socks obviously didn't work against the Bengals and Dolphins, but the Chiefs, Colts and Vikings all found out what happens when you get lazy with a lead on them, and that's certainly a mistake I worry we might make against them.

And I'd say the Sunday night game at home vs Minny could shape up to be far more of a trap game than Detroit, especially if they come in already eliminated from the playoffs with nothing left to lose.  Either way, they're always ready to play against us.

Our final game vs Detroit won't be a trap game if it's a must win for us to get the number 1 seed, and the way this year is shaping up all betting odds would say just about all seeds will be in play that week.  If by some crazy happenstance our seeding is locked by then, then I would guess our approach would be limiting our starters playing time and possibly even sitting a few of them entirely.

Monday morning Dec 6 update

1ARIArizona Cardinals 10-2, 6-2
2GBGreen Bay Packers 9-3, 7-2
4DALDallas Cowboys 8-4, 6-1
5LARLos Angeles Rams 8-4, 5-3
6WSHWashington 6-6, 5-2
7SFSan Francisco 49ers 6-6, 5-5
8PHIPhiladelphia Eagles 6-7, 4-4
9MINMinnesota Vikings 5-7, 4-4
10CARCarolina Panthers 5-7, 3-5
11ATLAtlanta Falcons 5-7, 2,6
12NONew Orleans Saints 5-7, 4-5

With a nod to Janice Joplin games of "great social and political import..." OKAY, playoff implications

Thursday, December 9

MATCHUP   TIME  (CT) NAT TV      
pit.png&h=50
Pittsburgh
7:20 PM FOX/NFL NET  Go STEELERS      

Sunday, December 12

MATCHUP   TIME  (CT) NAT TV      

no.png&h=50
New Orleans
12:00 PM Go JETS      
dal.png&h=50
Dallas