Weekly NFC seeding down the stretch

BAM

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Godwin out for the year with an ACL, I was right after all. Crazy they let him jog around on the sidelines with it.

Huge blow to the Bucs.

you can run straight line without an ACL.  its change of direction, cutting, pivoting that gets problematic

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I know, but they must've botched the Lachman test, jogging insinuates that a guy is warming up to try and come back, a guy with an ACL isn't coming back into any game.

if a player contracts the hamstring, the Lachman's becomes invalid on sensitivity/specificity of injury.  It is not impossible to get fooled by a false negative in the right situation

MONDAY NIGHT UPDATE:
1z --GB 11 - 3 , 8 - 2, vs Clev, vs MN, @ Det.
2 -DAL  10 - 4, 8 - 1, vs WFT, vs AZ, @ Phil
3 --TB 10 - 4, 6 -4,  @ Car, @ Jets, vs Car
4--ARI 10 - 4, 6 - 4, vs Colts, @ Dal, vs Sea
5 -LAR   9 - 4, 6- 3, vs SEA, @MN, @ Bal vs SF
6 --SF  8 - 6, 6 - 5, @ TN, vs TX, @ Rams
7 - MIN   6 - 7,  4 - 4, vs LA, @ GB, vs Chi

------------------------
8 - NO  7 - 7, 5 - 5, vs Miami, vs Car, @ Atl
9 -  WSH   6 - 7, 5 - 3, @ Phil, @ Dal, vs Phil,  NYG
10 -PHI  6 - 7, 4 - 4, vs WFT, vs NYG, @ WFT, vs Dal

In a twisted sort of way, the teams that are struggling the most with COVID may have an advantage going into the playoffs. Just by percentages they will have a smaller percentage of their team that would be subject to any testing. Therefore, less likely to have players have to miss a playoff game due to COVID. 

I know the Patriots would do something like this if in our situation. They would have Rodgers test 'positive' for COVID the week of the Detroit game so he wouldn't have to test for the entire playoff run. Assuming of course, we had the #1 seed wrapped up going into the Detroit game. 

I'm guessing come playoff time, the NFL quietly does away with testing almost all together so there are no 'situations' that arise which could make a game not competitive due to COVID. 

Could you imagine if Tampa had Brady and a bunch of guys in protocols for a playoff game? No way the NFL doesn't make some arrangement for that. 

35 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Just by percentages they will have a smaller percentage of their team that would be subject to any testing. 

I thought the thrust of the new protocols was that for vaxxed players, testing wasnt a happening thing until and unless he had symptoms.
Not sure I know what they're doing with unvaxxed players - but it sounds like overall there will be less testing.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I thought the thrust of the new protocols was that for vaxxed players, testing wasnt a happening thing until and unless he had symptoms.
Not sure I know what they're doing with unvaxxed players - but it sounds like overall there will be less testing.

Unvaxxed get 90 days I believe. In Rodgers case he wouldn't be subject to testing until the NFC Championship week or the week after. I do not remember. So any unvaxxed guys who got it after Rodgers are in the clear. 

How many players do you think are going to tell anybody if they have mild symptoms heading into a playoff game? 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Unvaxxed get 90 days I believe. In Rodgers case he wouldn't be subject to testing until the NFC Championship week or the week after. I do not remember. So any unvaxxed guys who got it after Rodgers are in the clear. How many players do you think are going to tell anybody if they have mild symptoms heading into a playoff game? 

Unvaxxed players get 90 days?  You'll have to explain that one to me.

I think this thing will infect as many NFL players as it's doing in the country. The case counts are spiking. The split or divide is (as was the case with Delta) - Vaxxed people will suffer milder illness and less need of hospitalization. Unvaxxxed?? Oh well. 

A BIG problem being encountered is the reduction in healthcare people at the hospitals. They've either begged out for their own physical health - or for their mental health - i.e. - cant deal with the overflow of constant death and suffering. 

Whatever.......

I suspect the Packers will get hit by this thing. Hope not - but doubt we'll get spared. The key will be in the timing and which players / groups get hit and have to sit.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Unvaxxed players get 90 days?  You'll have to explain that one to me.

I think this thing will infect as many NFL players as it's doing in the country. The case counts are spiking. The split or divide is (as was the case with Delta) - Vaxxed people will suffer milder illness and less need of hospitalization. Unvaxxxed?? Oh well. 

A BIG problem being encountered is the reduction in healthcare people at the hospitals. They've either begged out for their own physical health - or for their mental health - i.e. - cant deal with the overflow of constant death and suffering. 

Whatever.......

I suspect the Packers will get hit by this thing. Hope not - but doubt we'll get spared. The key will be in the timing and which players / groups get hit and have to sit.

Rodgers gets treated like vaccinated players for 90 days after coming back from being COVID positive. 

You forgot the 3rd category of health care workers. Those that were forced out because they didn't want to get the vaccine. Really 'brilliant' move when we have a shortage of critical workers and the government forces them out because they don't want to vaccinate. They survived the worst of it and are doing fine, but let's get rid of them over 'principle'! Complete lunacy!