Broncos sign WR Sutton to new deal

BroncoSojia

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ok... um... so...

captain-america-language.gif

(Kinda hafta do the job, y'know?)

Anywho - yeah, that was the highlight of Tebow's career. I'm pretty sure you want to forget, I don't blame you.

It's kind of like how he won against Miami being 1 for 7 passing up until the last 2 minutes of the game and we won somehow being down 13.

Even the wins felt like terrible losses

Edited by BullsandBroncos
  • Like 2

It's a smart signing. The offensive core is extremely intact. Denver is going to go guns blazing for a QB this offseason one way or another. It's either going to be a veteran, or they'll trade a number of picks to move up in the draft. There's an extremely slim chance they roll into 2022 with Teddy/Lock as the options.

Just now, broncos67 said:

It's a smart signing. The offensive core is extremely intact. Denver is going to go guns blazing for a QB this offseason one way or another. It's either going to be a veteran, or they'll trade a number of picks to move up in the draft. There's an extremely slim chance they roll into 2022 with Teddy/Lock as the options.

Not the year to be doing that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Denver is going to go guns blazing for a QB this offseason one way or another. It's either going to be a veteran, or they'll trade a number of picks to move up in the draft. 

There's NOBODY in this QB class worth moving up for - it's a really weird class, and next years' class isn't shaping up that well either.

Realistically, Denver can probably stay where they're at and get one of the better guys. There's a lot of risk associated with this (nobody really knows what these guys are going to turn into) so taking a page from LAR might be a prudent decision - give up a few FRPs to get an elite NFL QB, and watch those picks end up in the 30s when it's all said and done.

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I wanted Sutton this offseason… rough. Wel Denver has a lot of WR’s but what exactly do they do at QB? Looks like that might be tough sledding this offseason. 

Im thinking about that additional 2nd and 3rd rounders they got from Von Miller being used for a guy to fill that position.....I would be shocked if Rodgers/Wilson/Watson wasnt on the Broncos opening day roster for the 2022 season. If you squint hard enough you can see what their plan has been since the Von Miller trade.

Trade Von for multiple premium picks in next years draft, 2 weeks later lockup all your skill position players, seeing that Rodgers/Wilson have contract opt outs and Watson can be had via trade.

Its alllllll starting to come together.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

There's NOBODY in this QB class worth moving up for - it's a really weird class, and next years' class isn't shaping up that well either.

Realistically, Denver can probably stay where they're at and get one of the better guys. There's a lot of risk associated with this (nobody really knows what these guys are going to turn into) so taking a page from LAR might be a prudent decision - give up a few FRPs to get an elite NFL QB, and watch those picks end up in the 30s when it's all said and done.

Dunno about that one

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Dunno about that one

Admittedly, I'm not very knowledgeable on the class. I was thinking DJ Uiagalelei was the top guy going into this season, and he's fallen out of that spot. Spencer Rattler might be able to salvage his stock with a bounceback year at Ole Miss next season. Bryce Young, maybe? CJ Stroud? Tyler Shough?

It's stronger than this class maybe, but I don't know if it's a GREAT class.