Broncos sign WR Sutton to new deal

BroncoSojia

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

If you want to go full Arizona, then you also need to hire the QB's college coach to be your HC. Also, your FO isn't Arizona's. If you strike out on that round 1 QB and take Josh Rosen, you are probably going to be stuck with him for 3 or 4 years.

Going the AZ route requires you to pull the trigger on a QBs in the top 10 which the Broncos dont do, ever.

They took Brandley Chubb and Patrick Surtain over Josh Allen and Justin Fields the last 2 chances they got. They deserve to be where they are at right now with no QB hope.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Going the AZ route requires you to pull the trigger on a QBs in the top 10 which the Broncos dont do, ever.

They took Brandley Chubb and Patrick Surtain over Josh Allen and Justin Fields the last 2 chances they got.

can't thank them enough for taking Surtain, starting the domino of the Eagles eventually getting DeVonta.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

3.  Finally, both Patrick & Sutton's contracts are going to look even WAY better by next offseason, and like massive bargains by the 2022-23 offseason.  Why do I say that? Becusae the new TV contract money kicks in full force by 2022-23 (and already pushes up the cap a healthy 220M minimum this offseason, could be much higher).   It's a major reason why teams are looking to lock up young guys now - they know when the cap #'s are released, the top end contract $ is only going to go up.

NFL and NFLPA have set the 2022 cap ceiling at $208M.  Not the 220M you are suggesting

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-nflpa-agree-to-208-2m-salary-cap-ceiling-for-2022-season

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

NFL and NFLPA have set the 2022 cap ceiling at $208M.  Not the 220M you are suggesting

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-nflpa-agree-to-208-2m-salary-cap-ceiling-for-2022-season

In that article - they actually point out the final cap $ won't be set until February 2022 (nor have they set the cap floor either).   The 208M is the minimum cap increase both owners & NFLPA agreed to, expect it to be higher.    2nd paragraph of above link.  The 4th paragraph points out that the final cap number won't necessarily be 208M, but it will be at LOWEST 208M.   The analyses done from the TV deals estimate 220M to be the target number - unless there's a massive drop in revenue this year that was unaccounted for.   That's the reason for setting a more conservative floor - but again, once the season's over, the number gets reset.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Making room for Karen Rodgers?

Listen man....after watching Siemen, Keenum, Teddy, Lock, ect since 2016---I will gladly take all of the baggage Rodgers brings lol

I also really want to see guys liek Fant, Jeudy, Sutton with a actually good QB for once. I want to really see what they can do with a pro bowl level QB.

21 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Listen man....after watching Siemen, Keenum, Teddy, Lock, ect since 2016---I will gladly take all of the baggage Rodgers brings lol

I also really want to see guys liek Fant, Jeudy, Sutton with a actually good QB for once. I want to really see what they can do with a pro bowl level QB.

Dislike the person

Love him as a QB

5 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

The opportunity was this year. Never made sense going Surtain there- bad process 

Unless they were taking Mac over Fields, looks like they dodged a bullet. Kinda like the Giants taking Saquon. If it was that or take Sam Darnold, I think the Giants did the right thing. Did they get Josh Allen? No, but they weren't going to draft him anyways, so at least they didn't get stuck with Darnold or Josh Rosen.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Unless they were taking Mac over Fields, looks like they dodged a bullet. Kinda like the Giants taking Saquon. If it was that or take Sam Darnold, I think the Giants did the right thing. Did they get Josh Allen? No, but they weren't going to draft him anyways, so at least they didn't get stuck with Darnold or Josh Rosen.

if were ranking the rookie 1st rounders how they played so far.

its a clear

Mac Jones 

Trevor Lawrence

Zach WIlson

Justin Fields

Incomplete: Trey Lance. 

however i think Mac Jones wont improve that much more compared to lawrence.  biggest problem with lawrence has been the jags wrs and their dropsies and not seperating along with Bevell being a dip

16 hours ago, Jeezla said:

If you want to go full Arizona, then you also need to hire the QB's college coach to be your HC.

Kingsbury never Coached Murray in College. 

Also, your FO isn't Arizona's.

The same FO that drafted Josh Rosen the year before? Not as if they are without their faults.

Paton's first 2 picks as a GM - Pat Surtain II, future Pro Bowler. Javonte Williams, future Pro Bowler. Not a bad start.

If you strike out on that round 1 QB and take Josh Rosen, you are probably going to be stuck with him for 3 or 4 years.

This literally makes no sense. You quoted an example of a player who was drafted in the top 10, then traded the next year, but said that if the Broncos were to do it they'd be stuck with him for 3 or 4 years ................ That is the definition of a contradictory statement.

I agree with @broncos67 - if we don't get a top vet QB (i.e Rodgers or Wilson) then I would draft a QB in the 1st round every single year until we know we have a keeper. I would be willing to deal with the cap situation as a means to getting a QB for 15 years like 2 of our divisional rivals have.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Kingsbury never Coached Murray in College. 

The same FO that drafted Josh Rosen the year before? Not as if they are without their faults.

Paton's first 2 picks as a GM - Pat Surtain II, future Pro Bowler. Javonte Williams, future Pro Bowler. Not a bad start.

This literally makes no sense. You quoted an example of a player who was drafted in the top 10, then traded the next year, but said that if the Broncos were to do it they'd be stuck with him for 3 or 4 years ................ That is the definition of a contradictory statement.

I agree with @broncos67 - if we don't get a top vet QB (i.e Rodgers or Wilson) then I would draft a QB in the 1st round every single year until we know we have a keeper. I would be willing to deal with the cap situation as a means to getting a QB for 15 years like 2 of our divisional rivals have.

The ol "it's happened once, it'll probably happen again"