Saints extend QB/TE Taysom Hill to weird hybrid contract ($40M-$95M, $22.5M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean who knows if he will recover fully but he was 100% a top 10 WR pre ankle injury, and that shouldn't effect him nearly as much as a knee. The Saints won a SB in 2009 so I'm not sure what you're talking about. 

Yea 2009...   12 years ago.     I'll rehash for you, since 2014 Mickey has been going all in trying to get back to the SuperBowl bringing in a ton of free agents and paying guys a lot of money and they haven't been to the Superb Owl SINCE 2014 when he started doing this  that's what I'm talking about and thus it did not work and was a failure.  You know who went to the Superbowl since 2014?  Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons, and Tampa Bay Bucs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

$40 million for a guy who 

a) is hurt often

b) has started 5 games at QB and has 6 TD/8 INTs

c) had 20 rushes on the season when not playing starting QB

d) has 4 receptions.

When you don't give a flying F about the salary cap, none of this matters!

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Only 22M guaranteed

"only" LMFAO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Yea 2009...   12 years ago.     I'll rehash for you, since 2014 Mickey has been going all in trying to get back to the SuperBowl bringing in a ton of free agents and paying guys a lot of money and they haven't been to the Superb Owl SINCE 2014 when he started doing this  that's what I'm talking about and thus it did not work and was a failure.  You know who went to the Superbowl since 2014?  Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons, and Tampa Bay Bucs.

Every team tries to win a Super Bowl. Again, what is your point? 

It's looking grim, and I'm starting to wonder what Sean Payton and the Saints organization had in mind for someone who really seems like he's behind the 8 ball at age 31 already as a quarterback. Just got a fat contract extension, but the vibe doesn't appear to be that of a cornerstone triggerman for the franchise moving forward. More like Steve Young Part Deux Electric Boogaloo. The top brass in Nawlins needs to figure it out. Also, that receiving corps needs to be bolstered in the offseason. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

People are really overreacting big time in here lol. Its an overpay for sure, but its obvious Payton likes Hill and his versatility and they feel its worth paying him 10-12M per season. Risky with his injury history but I don't think this is some catastrophic move like some of you do. The salary cap is monopoly money for Loomis anyways. 

With the expected significant jump in 2023, Hill will account for roughly 6% of the salary cap. I really don't think thats an outrageous price.

Edited by MookieMonstah

25 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

People are really overreacting big time in here lol. Its an overpay for sure, but its obvious Payton likes Hill and his versatility and they feel its worth paying him 10-12M per season. Risky with his injury history but I don't think this is some catastrophic move like some of you do. The salary cap is monopoly money for Loomis anyways. 

With the expected significant jump in 2023, Hill will account for roughly 6% of the salary cap. I really don't think thats an outrageous price.

Oh well if Payton likes him, then that makes it ok.

• Like 1