Lincoln Riley expected to be named USC Head Coach

beekay414

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I heard Riley verbally committed to LSU and was even following some of LSU people on social media. So he really threw a curve ball. I think it was more like McDaniels committing to Indy then backing out to stay in New England. I do think it turned out well for Indy in the end with Reich. And as I said already it wouldn’t shock me if Riley leaves for the NFL in a few years.

You heard wrong. LSU people were saying a bunch of things that never came close to being true about Riley.

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Im just going to say that Riley going to USC shows he is scared to coach where the big boys are at which is the SEC. He took the easy way out by going to coach in the PAC 12. Im confident to say that USC wont win a national championship with him and they might not even make the playoffs with him. I will go even further to say that as a result in 3yrs or so he will be in the NFL coaching. 

He shouldve took the LSU job bc as I mentioned before in the SEC especially with programs like Bama and LSU you can afford to lose two games and still get in the playoffs. Nobody truly respects the PAC 12 thus if USC loses one game they MIGHT not even get in the playoffs. So Riley is pretty much going to be faced with something similar to what he had in OU where basically they have to run the table or if they lose one game hope they can just get the 4th seed and get run over by Bama, Georgia, or LSU which ever one of those SEC schools that gets the 1 seed that plays them in the semi finals in the playoffs. So good luck Riley. This has Herman to Texas written all over it. Herman shouldve took the LSU job he decided to go to Texas. Coach O was hired full time as the LSU coach and he got a national championship and coached what many think is the greatest college football team in the history of a season in 2019. Herman didnt do anything with Texas and is no longer there. So again good luck Riley you choose your destination now you have to make the best out of it. 

I probably could get on board with you saying he's "afraid" to coach in the SEC.  I could definitely get on board with you saying he took the easy path tot he playoffs. And I wouldn't be surprised if he never won an National Championship at USC.  But the USC gig >>> LSU gig, and I'm not sure it's even close.

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yes. Has to be. You don’t leave a blue blood (even if it’s for another blue blood) unless the money is stupid. I’m thinking 10 years, $125M. You’d figure it will top Tucker’s $9.5M/year by a decent chunk.

My dad is a USC guy. Asked me how much I thought it was. My guess was 10/$120 so we're tracking the same. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I probably could get on board with you saying he's "afraid" to coach in the SEC.  I could definitely get on board with you saying he took the easy path tot he playoffs. And I wouldn't be surprised if he never won an National Championship at USC.  But the USC gig >>> LSU gig, and I'm not sure it's even close.

Im not talking about LSU from a location standpoint and everything it can offer. I know USC can offer alot being in LA. Im strictly talking about on the field. LSU can recruit with the best of them. Their team right now I feel like can compete for the playoffs next year with the right coach. Even this year with all the turmoil surrounding Coach O and all the major injuries they had they still competed with Bama in Bama and nearly won and they beat Florida and Texas A&M. So this team has alot of talent coming back from injury and alot of talent that got value playing time this season plus talent in recruiting. I want to see how USC is going to do in the immediate time bc I think LSU has a chance to be right back in the championship picture with the right coach as soon as next season. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Im not talking about LSU from a location standpoint and everything it can offer. I know USC can offer alot being in LA. Im strictly talking about on the field. LSU can recruit with the best of them. Their team right now I feel like can compete for the playoffs next year with the right coach. Even this year with all the turmoil surrounding Coach O and all the major injuries they had they still competed with Bama in Bama and nearly won and they beat Florida and Texas A&M. So this team has alot of talent coming back from injury and alot of talent that got value playing time this season plus talent in recruiting. I want to see how USC is going to do in the immediate time bc I think LSU has a chance to be right back in the championship picture with the right coach as soon as next season. 

They were 6-6 and terrible and lose a lot of talent. USC wasn't much worse and didn't even have a coach. Plus it looks like LSU whiffed on Riley and Fisher, so what's happening now? Have to hope for someone like Mark Stoops, maybe Cristobal.

Riley will have the Trojans back on top in no time. Just a couple elite transfers, a recruiting class or 2 and it's done. USC is the biggest sleeping giant in all of college sports.

17 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

They were 6-6 and terrible and lose a lot of talent. USC wasn't much worse and didn't even have a coach. Plus it looks like LSU whiffed on Riley and Fisher, so what's happening now? Have to hope for someone like Mark Stoops, maybe Cristobal.

Riley will have the Trojans back on top in no time. Just a couple elite transfers, a recruiting class or 2 and it's done. USC is the biggest sleeping giant in all of college sports.

From what I heard it could be Kiffin. Now I think Kiffin will either decide Miami if it comes available or LSU. Kiffin to either place would be great. I think Kiffin is perfect for the SEC bc unless Riley he isnt scared to go up against Saban and thats who I want LSU to get. I want the next LSU coach to not be scared to face Saban bc thats the real measuring stick for LSU in the SEC. 

15 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

From what I heard it could be Kiffin. Now I think Kiffin will either decide Miami if it comes available or LSU. Kiffin to either place would be great. I think Kiffin is perfect for the SEC bc unless Riley he isnt scared to go up against Saban and thats who I want LSU to get. I want the next LSU coach to not be scared to face Saban bc thats the real measuring stick for LSU in the SEC. 

Rumors are it might be Rhule.

Either way, Riley isn't scared, he is just making a **** ton of money, lives in LA and can easily dominate recruiting there. He can basically become the next Pete Carroll and just jump to the league in 8-10 years.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Rumors are it might be Rhule.

Either way, Riley isn't scared, he is just making a **** ton of money, lives in LA and can easily dominate recruiting there. He can basically become the next Pete Carroll and just jump to the league in 8-10 years.

Why would Rhule go to LSU?

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I would be very happy as a UF fan if LSU hires Kiffin.

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

If anything stops LSU from nabbing a huge name, it's going to be this. 

LSU could be in for some issues in the recruiting and other areas once all is said and done. I loved Coach O and dude was the perfect fit for LSU, but he didn't exactly run a tight ship. There's definitely some trouble brewing down the bayou, and they may very well have to spend a few years rebuilding the program once all is said and done. 

They'll hire a good HC, but it probably isn't going to be any splash hire as one would otherwise expect. 

"If you look closely, you may notice a trend. From semifinal overtime loss (54-48 to Georgia, 2017) to semifinal defeat (45-34 to Alabama, 2018) to semifinal rout (63-28 to LSU, 2019) to no semifinal (2020) to no Big 12 championship (2021). That’s harsh, but it’s factual, and it’s certainly no harsher than ending the season Saturday night and leaving the program Sunday."

https://www.on3.com/news/lincoln-riley-usc-coach-law-of-unintended-consequences/