Lincoln Riley expected to be named USC Head Coach

beekay414

18 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I get the attraction and the recruiting but LSU also can recruit but they don’t have the city that LA brings so I get it. I do think LSU is the better football program right now. USC has to be built back up. It was literally two seasons ago that LSU won a national championship and even with tons of top tier players out due to injury LSU compete with Bama and beat Florida and Texas A&M so whom ever gets the LSU job will literally be able to win right now. 

LSU is 11-11 over the last two seasons despite recruiting well. It will not be difficult to rebuild at USC, Riley doesn't even have to leave So Cal and can have top 5 recruiting classes. Also much easier to be playing Arizona/Washington vs Alabama/Georgia.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

LSU is 11-11 over the last two seasons despite recruiting well. It will not be difficult to rebuild at USC, Riley doesn't even have to leave So Cal and can have top 5 recruiting classes. Also much easier to be playing Arizona/Washington vs Alabama/Georgia.

LSU also yearly lose so many guys early to the draft plus last year they lost both their offensive and defensive coordinators and this year they were hit hard by injuries. They do recruit well and thats why they were still able to compete with Bama and beat Florida and Texas A&M despite alot of their top guys being out. 

I have no doubt that its easier playing Arizona and Washington so I get why Riley took the job. In the end though it worked out great bc I didnt see Kelly as an option for LSU and now that it looks like he is heading to Baton Rouge I LOVE this hire. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hell, all Riley has to do is bring some of his recruits with him since a good number of his 4* and 5* recruits are from southern California, anyway.

10 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

LSU also yearly lose so many guys early to the draft plus last year they lost both their offensive and defensive coordinators and this year they were hit hard by injuries. They do recruit well and thats why they were still able to compete with Bama and beat Florida and Texas A&M despite alot of their top guys being out. 

I have no doubt that its easier playing Arizona and Washington so I get why Riley took the job. In the end though it worked out great bc I didnt see Kelly as an option for LSU and now that it looks like he is heading to Baton Rouge I LOVE this hire. 

In the NIL era it will be much easier for Riley to recruit at USC then it would have been to recruit at LSU. Being able to sell guys on reviving the program while making millions of dollars off the field with endorsement deals is a hard recruitment pitch to beat. You can hate on USC but LSU has not been very good since Burrow and crew left for the NFL. 

7 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Hell, all Riley has to do is bring some of his recruits with him since a good number of his 4* and 5* recruits are from southern California, anyway.

I'm happy that USC made the move. One of my biggest pet peeves living in the Los Angeles era has been USC's lack of commitment to revitalizing their program into a national contender. The athletic department was so afraid to go out of the Pete Carroll coaching tree for years and it has led to mediocrity. I think Riley is going to do extremely well at USC.