Week 13: VIKINGS (5-6) at Lions (0-10-1)

swede700

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

If by mediocre he means W-L, then he's spot on. 

And he’s lumping Zimmer and Cousins in as the same. Didn’t realize Cousins was responsible for Hunter and Pierce’s injuries, the Covid stints and the general crap state of the defense. 

I see we've won 8 in a row against the Lions . . . and as long as the announcers to beat that stat to death, we might stand a chance of getting to 9!

Another interesting stat to the season is the Vikes are 5-1 when Kirk throws for at least 275 yards and 0-5 if he doesn't make it that yardage.  So, in years past when we ran, ran and ran it some more, it's evident we need to keep throwing and spreading the ball around.  Love that our RBs are catching 40 yrds/game and Conklin's big in big moments.  So, for this game, I say throw it until they stop it -- except I have Mattison on my fantasy team, 😂  3 screens for TDs will be ok!

Defensively, I just hope they show up.  

The part of the football universe that scares me is almost "All Experts" pick the Vikes to win, most saying "easily."  I hope they're right and it's the start of a continually improving run of dominant wins -- culminating in crushing the Pack in Lambeau and cruising into the playoffs with great confidence and overall superb team play.  The realist in me steers away from unified expert opinions (bad juju) and has already shaved my head and cut my fingernails in prep for game tension that shouldn't have to come our way.  

14 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

What’s wrong with Darrisaw? Honestly, looking forward to seeing a new RG. Would they go Bradbury back at Center and start Cole at RG or stick Davis in there?

Darrisaw sprained his ankle late in the 49ers game. 

Some are speculating that it’ll be Bradbury and center with Cole at guard. But there’s been no report on it.