Week 13: VIKINGS (5-6) at Lions (0-10-1)

swede700

Game 12

When:  1:00 PM EST December 5th

Where: Ford Field (Detroit, MI)

TV/Radio: CBS (TV), KFAN, Sirius XM (Radio)

Announcers: Spero Dedes, Jay Feely

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2021/13-CBS-E.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: LB Anthony Barr (knee, hamstring), LB Eric Kendricks (biceps), CB Mackensie Alexander (ribs), Doubtful: None, Out: RB Dalvin Cook (shoulder), OT Christian Darrisaw (ankle), S Camryn Bynum (ankle)

Lions - Questionable: OT Penei Sewell (illness, shoulder), OT Matt Nelson (ankle), DE Michael Brockers (knee), Doubtful: None, Out: RB D'Andre Swift (shoulder), LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin (shoulder, LB Trey Flowers (knee), CB Bobby Price (shoulder)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

No excuse to lose this. The Lions are going to fight, claw, and bite knees, but they are just a horrible team. 

Stay aggressive on offense, which will probably be the game-plan with Cook out. But if they can come in with an aggressive passing attack, Detroit should not be able to keep up. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

An absolute must win game. Nice to have it against a winless team that is probably overmatched. I expect the Lions to try and run the ball and shorten the game. Gotta get the ball to Jefferson at least 10 times. Run Mattison later, once the Vikings are up big.

Edited by Nozizaki

The one thing that truly bothers me about this game is that the Lions now will have had 10 days off to prepare and don't have to travel anywhere.  I'm sure it will end up close again, just as the first meeting did.  Let's hope that they don't need to have to win it at the end with a FG again.  

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s probably time to put Bradbury back in the starting lineup. While Cole may be slightly stouter in pass protection, there really seems to be a drop off in the run game, and there seems to be more communication and protection call issues with Cole. 

If you pull Cole, it should be to bench Udoh. Either Wyatt Davis or Bradbury should replace Udoh. But either way, the RG experiment looks over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I can't imagine  Bradbury would be any better switching to guard mid season

Could it get any worse than it has been at RG? Bradbury definitely has the lateral quickness that Udoh lacks. He just doesn't have great strength to anchor. Maybe getting a hand in the dirt, instead of on the football would be.

I'd rather Wyatt Davis play, but this coaching staff seems to always pick the lesser option on the O-Line pretty consistently.

9 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Could it get any worse than it has been at RG?

Don’t ever say that. It can always get worse. 

While Udoh has been less than acceptable, he’s still performing better than Dozier/Samia/Elflein did last year. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Could it get any worse than it has been at RG? Bradbury definitely has the lateral quickness that Udoh lacks. He just doesn't have great strength to anchor. Maybe getting a hand in the dirt, instead of on the football would be.

I'd rather Wyatt Davis play, but this coaching staff seems to always pick the lesser option on the O-Line pretty consistently.

It could most definitely get worse. If anything I'd put Bradbury back at center and try Cole at Guard since he's played it in the NFL

Everyone always thinks that there is a better option on the bench but most of the time they seem to be worse. I don't know what's up with Davis but I wouldn't expect much from him this year