Browns OL Jack Conklin tears patellar tendon

Apparition

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

thankfully they are much different players.

It did end it for a Browns center in 2006 but that was also related to an infection. 

It just ended Weston richburgs career. 

It's got one of the higher career killing rates for serious injuries. He certainly could bounce back... Others have, but this is about the worst injury you can have in the NFL. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

That injury ruined Victor Cruz's career. Awful to see.

Was it a patellar tendon or an Achilles heel? I legit forget.

Edit: Patellar tendon, yep.

Cadillac Williams was looking like a future stud in the making until he blew his patellar tendon out... that's always the one I remember.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

It just ended Weston richburgs career. 

It's got one of the higher career killing rates for serious injuries. He certainly could bounce back... Others have, but this is about the worst injury you can have in the NFL. 

That injury ruined my flag football career.

(Well, that and the fact that I'm a fat, slow, short guy ruined my flag football career).

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Was it a patellar tendon or an Achilles heel? I legit forget.

Edit: Patellar tendon, yep.

Cadillac Williams was looking like a future stud in the making until he blew his patellar tendon out... that's always the one I remember.

It was bad. It looked like a completely normal play too. I will never forget that game- getting blown out by the Eagles (as usual), we try to get a garbage time touchdown, Cruz misses an easy catch, and then I get angry until the camera shows him literally crying on the turf. He didn't play for 2 years after that, and he was never close to the same.

In fact, I found this article when looking back at that game just now: https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/victor-cruz-recover-knee-injury-doctor-article-1.1973081

Undoubtedly the worst injury in football, followed by the Achilles.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 5:08 PM, MWil23 said:

I’m about as far from an NFL athlete as you can get at 5-10.5 and 170, but I never have or will (according to my surgeon) fully recovered from my partially torn patella tendon. I wish him the best. He may be done forever.

I didn't realize he's only 27. Damn. Devastating. Hope he makes it back.

• Like 1