Put on your Andrew Berry thinking hat- 2022 draft

Kiwibrown

Andrew Berry thinking hat on   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming each prospect is of equal value- a decent starter, which would you take in the 1st round of the '22 NFL draft?

2. 2. Who would you most like to keep for 22

• NJOKU
    • Clowney
    • Takk
    • Walker
    • Higgins
  3. 3. If you could trade a 4th and Hooper for cap relief would you do it?

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Unless Demarvin Leal (we’d have to pick really high) is available to us, I want a WR in rounds 1, 2, and even 3.

Resign Clowney. You saw his impact against Lamar. It was nice not seeing Lamar throughly murder us in the run game.

Cut Hooper idgaf.

Re-sign him and Ward and post June 1 cut Hooper.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

1. Kind of depends on what we do with free agency and retaining guys like Clowney tbh.

2. Clowney

3. why would I package a 4th to move him when I could just cut him post June 1 and save 9 million?  I’m not even sure trading him saves you any money at all tbh.

With the eye to potentially save more on the contract. We give you a $th and you give us cap relief. 

It said Andrew Berry's thinking cap.....I believe he would roll with a WR in the 1st.  I still think we need a savage ILB to complete this D.  Takitaki...Walker....Mack.....blahhhhhhhhhhh

gimme the kid from Utah or Georgia to break some bones.

I think we could snag a WR in the 2nd that would become a starter, and have an immediate impact!

If Clowney isn’t resigned than no way do you not hope the BPA is a DE. 

If he stays than you can start looking BPA for WR, LB, DT or RT. I have an issue going with a WR in the 1st if you need DL or OL. I’d say if we have this DL next year it’s set. 

4 hours ago, JDD said:

If Clowney isn’t resigned than no way do you not hope the BPA is a DE. 

If he stays than you can start looking BPA for WR, LB, DT or RT. I have an issue going with a WR in the 1st if you need DL or OL. I’d say if we have this DL next year it’s set. 

The only WRs I would draft in the 1st round are the OSU ones. Either Wilson/Olave would be great in this system because they know how to get open and create separation. Olave as well has diamond hands and doesnt drop anything, which would be a welcome change to our WR room.

In a perfect world, we resign Njoku/Clowney and draft Olave (Wilson will be gone by Browns pick).. Im not sure the requirements to make that happen with the cap, but that seems to me like the very early 1+2+3 step process this offseason.

Edited by AkronsWitness

12 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Cutting hooper next year doesn’t help us. Gotta wait till the following year. 

Post June 1 we'd save a lot:

https://overthecap.com/player/austin-hooper/4794/

This is pre June 1. $19.5 million Dead Money with $11.25 million in the red.

https://overthecap.com/player/austin-hooper/4794/

That's post June 1. $8.25 million Dead Money with $0 in the red.

• Like 1

QB is the most important consideration but drafting a developmental QB makes no sense so FA would be the only option.  I believe DT is the best alternative for first pick because we can get the 1-2 best in draft.  WR in second round makes sense.  LB in third round could be a starter.  O lineman in fourth rd.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, #32 said:

QB is the most important consideration but drafting a developmental QB makes no sense so FA would be the only option.  I believe DT is the best alternative for first pick because we can get the 1-2 best in draft.  WR in second round makes sense.  LB in third round could be a starter.  O lineman in fourth rd.

I like how you are thinking positionally for each round, and obviously depends on how their board shakes out.  I might flip LB and DT if it meant getting the 1st or 2nd best one.  I see how Micah Parsons is impacting the Cowboys D, and would love to grab that type of dude.  I don't know if Nakobe Dean, or Devin Lewis fit that?  If they grade out that high, that's what I want to pair up with JOK.