TACT XXI: Dak got paid, HT got laid, thank God for the Micah trade!

Matts4313

51 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That 2014 team was SB worthy. We should have beat the Packers, and we already had wiped the floor with Seattle earlier that year. Seattle should have won that SB with Lynch. I truly believe we have have won it all. 

What if...

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

good looking dog. Good luck on the mating. Which is nothing I thought I'd ever say on this forum LOL.

First time for everything haha

But thanks. This will be my first litter doing everything on my own so I'm a mix of excited and nervous. But I've got a lot of good mentors so things should go just fine. 

Soooo I am looking at a house in Roanoke, TX. I was, last year, looking at a similar home in Flower Mound but decided to pass. The pricing was a bit out of my league for the paycut I was going to have to take. But now I'm selling my business that barely survived covid and I fell in love with this Roanoke masterpiece 

A big, big change from my Brooklyn, NY roots...but I'm not getting younger, I nearly died twice two years ago (hence that sad post and that 2 year hiatus), and I've always been a Western/south western Cowboy at heart anyway - complete with a wardrobe full of Lucchese boots, Stetson hats, and my new love for Duluth trading jeans, as well as having owned a Blazer or Silverado nearly my whole life (including my brand new 2023 Blazer I had to get before they grew vaginas and became electric in 2024)

Not to mention, closer to my beloved Dallas Cowboys that have completely captured my heart over 40 years ago and cost me a marriage, as well as thousands and thousands of dollars in merch and tickets. 

Soooo to all you Texans on here - is Roanoke a nice area? From all I read and see, it is beautiful. And warmer than NY. And does it capture that southern hospitality yet totally western charm that I am hoping to find by leaving my Brooklyn home of ... Wayyyy too many years?

Alpine Rose Court here I come...hopefully 

Edited by Dallas94Ware
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Soooo I am looking at a house in Roanoke, TX. I was, last year, looking at a similar home in Flower Mound but decided to pass. The pricing was a bit out of my league for the paycut I was going to have to take. But now I'm selling my business that barely survived covid and I fell in love with this Roanoke masterpiece 

A big, big change from my Brooklyn, NY roots...but I'm not getting younger, I nearly died twice two years ago (hence that sad post and that 2 year hiatus), and I've always been a Western/south western Cowboy at heart anyway - complete with a wardrobe full of Lucchese boots, Stetson hats, and my new love for Duluth trading jeans, as well as having owned a Blazer or Silverado nearly my whole life (including my brand new 2023 Blazer I had to get before they grew vaginas and became electric in 2024)

Not to mention, closer to my beloved Dallas Cowboys that have completely captured my heart over 40 years ago and cost me a marriage, as well as thousands and thousands of dollars in merch and tickets. 

Soooo to all you Texans on here - is Roanoke a nice area? From all I read and see, it is beautiful. And warmer than NY. And does it capture that southern hospitality yet totally western charm that I am hoping to find by leaving my Brooklyn home of ... Wayyyy too many years?

It’s a decent area. Near I-35W not too far from Grapevine Lake and Irving. You will get a ton of Texas Motor Speedway traffic when it’s race weekend. 

6 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Texas is a big state. El Paso is about the same distance to L.A. as it is to Houston. Most Texans have no idea what Roanoke, Texas is like. Throw me in that lot. The one thing I can assure you is that it will most definitely be hotter than NY. You’ll notice most when getting in your car in August:

“The hottest month of the year in Roanoke is August, with an average high of 95°F and low of 75°F.”

https://weatherspark.com/y/8177/Average-Weather-in-Roanoke-Texas-United-States-Year-Round

That’s just an average, so the hot days are worse. Good luck. 

On 4/12/2023 at 7:55 PM, DaBoys said:

Texas is a big state. El Paso is about the same distance to L.A. as it is to Houston. Most Texans have no idea what Roanoke, Texas is like. Throw me in that lot. The one thing I can assure you is that it will most definitely be hotter than NY. You’ll notice most when getting in your car in August:

“The hottest month of the year in Roanoke is August, with an average high of 95°F and low of 75°F.”

https://weatherspark.com/y/8177/Average-Weather-in-Roanoke-Texas-United-States-Year-Round

That’s just an average, so the hot days are worse. Good luck. 

That's the odd thing about NYC. In the cold months it is blistering cold, like as if it were Canada. But in the warmer months you could honestly think it were Florida, between the humidity and the high temperature. Considering NY is so far north in the country, most would think it would be a tad on the cooler side - but it's actually a city of two extremes in that regard.

I'm not scared of the heat going out to TX, I mean Im not a young man,I'll probably be indoors even when I "go out." And it's not like this is England where Air conditioning is a questionable concept. My question about the warmth was more, like come December, January, February.. it is probably still not going to be two sweatshirts and a north face with workers gloves on under your leather gloves, right? Like winter months in Northernish Texas is still like...sweater weather?