Which of these teams has the bleakest future?

biggie.

Which of these teama has the worst future ahead of them?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Houston Texans
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Other, Specify

Definitely the Texans. They literally have nothing going for them. Terrible owners, franchise QB wants out, all-time great DE already forced his way out. It's a completely toxic organization that I can't see turning around until they change ownership.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 6

I voted for the Texans bc we dont know who their QB will be next season, I dont see their HC being a long term solution, and I dont like their front office in general. Their overall roster is very very bad. You can make a case almost expansion like bad. 

Surprisingly though Ill say the Seahawks honorable mention right behind the Texans bc I truly think we could see a scenario where Russ will want out and then Carroll resigns. He might even go back to college to coach. So now the Seahawks will be in scramble mood to find a QB and a HC in the toughest division in football where the Cards and Rams are at the top and the Niners will also be at the top if they do hit on their rookie QB in Lance. So the Seahawks in theory could be buried at the bottom on the NFCW barely winning 4-5 games for awhile as they search for their franchise QB and HC if such scenario where Russ wants out and Carroll resigns. Plus outside of Metcalf, Lockett, Wagner, Adams, Carson, Dickson, Diggs, and Brown the Seahawks roster really isnt much to brag about. And Carson is always hurt and Wagner is up in age. So its really Russ or bust and if Russ wants out and leaves this team is screwed. 

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Texans are eventually going to blow it all up and at least they have draft capital.

Which they'll proceed to waste on guys similar to Sony Michel, N'Keal Harry, etc. Draft capital means nothing when you have a group of guys who don't know how to evaluate talent... and it's not like those guys are going to get fired, they're all on five year deals.

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What do the Seahawks have?

Draft capital following a Russell Wilson trade, two very competent WRs and an ownership consortium that understands that football people need to make football decisions.

That last one is the big one - don't underestimate how one stupid owner will eschew common football sense for "throw it against the wall, see if it sticks" logic of Nick Caserio or the "Say your Prayers and take your vitamins" logic of Jack Easterby. Neither style of management works ANYWHERE - let alone a multi billion dollar football franchise that requires football players who can play football (this sounds simple enough - because it is simple enough - but this is an incredibly difficult concept for the McNair family to grasp, going way back to the Bob McNair days).

Remember - BEFORE the allegations against Deshaun Watson came up, Cal McNair had a choice between a top 5 QB in the NFL coming off of a career year with an incredibly bright future ahead... or an EVP of Football Operations who had no experience with actual football decisions and was only known as a manipulative snake oil salesmen/team chaplain who hides his ignorance behind his own brand of "faith".

Cal WILLINGLY sided with the EVP and defended his decision as the 2nd highest paid player in football history said "yeah, good luck, I'm out..." Say what you will about the legal situation, McNair chose Jack Easterby before Deshaun Watson was an alleged criminal. I get you can't really make an example of siding with a player over FO, but does anyone think Easterby' hypothetical WAR is higher than Watson's WAR? That's a special sort of dumb, one that finds ways to ruin draft capital. I'm pretty much banking on every single pick made by Nick Caserio will be out of the league in six years, given his track record in New England as well as his short track record in Houston... but Caserio and Easterby will still be employed by Cal McNair even after their failures. Because... Texans, or something.

So... yeah. That's what the Texans are dealing with.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Detroit because they have nothing to build on. They have 2 potentially elite OT’s and a good RB but that’s it.

I think they should do what Cleveland has done and build the offensive line and get another RB to pair up with Swift.

But I think they have, they have the makings of an future elite OL as well as drafted to highly rated DT in Alim Mitchell and Levi Onwuzurike, they just need to continue to build and play together, heck in two years they could be in the playoffs. 

Plus I think that is twice as much as what he Texans have, they purposely got rid of any talent they had in anticipation of them being bad. The Texans are as close to an expansion team as you will see 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Detroit because they have nothing to build on. They have 2 potentially elite OT’s and a good RB but that’s it.

I think they should do what Cleveland has done and build the offensive line and get another RB to pair up with Swift.

You're forgetting Ragnow and Jonah Jackson is a decent enough LG.  They'll probably dump Vaitai this offseason and look to go younger.

This is also an OL that played 0 snaps together this season due to injury.

With the addition of a few talented WRs in the draft and/or FA, I don't think they're that far off from at least having an average offense if Goff stays the QB. 

The defense needs much more of a talent infusion, but it looks like Campbell nailed the coaching hires on that side of the ball.

Question becomes how long do Glenn and Pleasant stay in Detroit. 

Tbh I'm surprised the Seahawks are such a popular choice.

Russell Wilson is still an elite QB. They desperately need to move on from their current/coaching staff front office.

But there is no reason that they couldn't be an NFC contender in a couple years if they rebuild/retool correctly.

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

Tbh I'm surprised the Seahawks are such a popular choice.

Russell Wilson is still an elite QB. They desperately need to move on from their current/coaching staff front office.

But there is no reason that they couldn't be an NFC contender in a couple years if they rebuild/retool correctly.

With what, exactly? They have little draft capital and the only trade pieces they have that are worth anything are Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson - the guys you NEED to build around.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Which they'll proceed to waste on guys similar to Sony Michel, N'Keal Harry, etc. Draft capital means nothing when you have a group of guys who don't know how to evaluate talent... and it's not like those guys are going to get fired, they're all on five year deals.

Draft capital following a Russell Wilson trade, two very competent WRs and an ownership consortium that understands that football people need to make football decisions.

That last one is the big one - don't underestimate how one stupid owner will eschew common football sense for "throw it against the wall, see if it sticks" logic of Nick Caserio or the "Say your Prayers and take your vitamins" logic of Jack Easterby. Neither style of management works ANYWHERE - let alone a multi billion dollar football franchise that requires football players who can play football (this sounds simple enough - because it is simple enough - but this is an incredibly difficult concept for the McNair family to grasp, going way back to the Bob McNair days).

Remember - BEFORE the allegations against Deshaun Watson came up, Cal McNair had a choice between a top 5 QB in the NFL coming off of a career year with an incredibly bright future ahead... or an EVP of Football Operations who had no experience with actual football decisions and was only known as a manipulative snake oil salesmen/team chaplain who hides his ignorance behind his own brand of "faith".

Cal WILLINGLY sided with the EVP and defended his decision as the 2nd highest paid player in football history said "yeah, good luck, I'm out..." Say what you will about the legal situation, McNair chose Jack Easterby before Deshaun Watson was an alleged criminal. I get you can't really make an example of siding with a player over FO, but does anyone think Easterby' hypothetical WAR is higher than Watson's WAR? That's a special sort of dumb, one that finds ways to ruin draft capital. I'm pretty much banking on every single pick made by Nick Caserio will be out of the league in six years, given his track record in New England as well as his short track record in Houston... but Caserio and Easterby will still be employed by Cal McNair even after their failures. Because... Texans, or something.

So... yeah. That's what the Texans are dealing with.

I'm not going to pretend I read all of this, but you're right I'm sorry Texans are worse :( 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

With what, exactly? They have little draft capital and the only trade pieces they have that are worth anything are Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson - the guys you NEED to build around.

I mean the fact that they have these two players I think should keep them from being the franchise with the bleakest future lol.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be difficult I am just saying that Seattle is nowhere near in the same tier of bleakness as franchises that have terrible owners, no QB and no star players.