The good, the bad, the we suck again vs. WFT edition

big_palooka

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Davis has successfully built a tourist trap. The Vegas Raiders are nearly completely stripped of Raider traditions and lore. They are now a Vegas attraction for opposing fans, right there with Penn & Teller or seeing Celine Deion at the MGM. 

100%. It doesn't help that the Raiders are a sorry home team also

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Did Dallas abandon this scheme with Dan Quinn as DC? I thought he ran the same scheme from his Seattle roots.

Well said on the rest. I posted the same thing about being a Vegas attraction before reading this. The team is 5-10 playing Vegas. I've not been to a game, but the whole experience feels plastic (like Vegas). Maybe it's The Wynn club in the end zone.

Either way, this is not the Raiders I grew up with. This Gucci version has stripped away the rouge persona this franchise was steep in. They have moved so far away from the vision of the great Al Davis. The outsiders, the misfits, the grit of Oakland is gone. They've become a glitzy corporate franchise where everyone is included. Bring Grandma to watch her favorite team in a state of the art stadium. Sammy Hagar is singing at half time folks! 

Same schematic concepts, but there were reportedly a lot of tweaks made. 

Gus is the definition of a purist and steadfastly refuses to even make adjustments, much less tweaks. 

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The referees were giving this game to WFT. 

Littleton is a straight liability against the run. He doesn't meet the ball carrier he waits for the ball carry to come to him. The Raiders should move him to SS and Abram to LB.

Cry me a river.... Washington had a terrible calls on them as well. The refs suck league wide. 

How about instead of crying about the officials we focus on real problems like the QB missing throws. The red zone and 3rd down offenses. The lack of pass protection. The dropped interceptions. 

Good teams win despite bad calls. Losers cry about the refs. It's why the Raiders culture never changes, think like losers.... play like losers. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Same schematic concepts, but there were reportedly a lot of tweaks made. 

Gus is the definition of a purist and steadfastly refuses to even make adjustments, much less tweaks. 

You mean how several teams laid out a blue print for how to frustrate the KC offense and instead he played his standard cover 3 scheme and let Mahomes throw 5 TDs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

You mean how several teams laid out a blue print for how to frustrate the KC offense and instead he played his standard cover 3 scheme and let Mahomes throw 5 TDs. 

Yezzir. 

Dude has an ego when it comes to his scheme. 

"It worked in Seattle." leaves out that he had an All-star cast for a short run that made it work. 

The wishbone offense worked once too lol. 

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

🤦🏽‍♂️

21 downfield passes isn't terrible, considering our O-line crumbled all night. 

There's also a stat that shows Carr is actually more effective when he has less time to throw. 

What bugs me the most about it, though, is that we essentially have 2 pass plays total:

1. Dump off/screen

2. Chuck it down the field and pray

Why on earth do we continue to rely on plays that take longer to develop, when Carr is noticeably better with less time/less reliance on blocking to hold up? That, in general, just makes no sense to me.

We've seen the offense get hot, and it almost always includes quick passes and up tempo where we move right down the field with relative ease. Yet, we only seem to do that once or twice every other game. It's infuriating.