The good, the bad, the we suck again vs. WFT edition

big_palooka

4 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

And the Raiders fans that are there don't even get up on big 2nd and 3rd downs. They don't make a bunch of noise. The camera slan to the crowd a bunch and it was like 2 or 3 fans trying hard to get their section to get up and make noise. It's sad. 

Yeah I'm not gonna lie, while I know they couldn't have stayed in Oakland, it was a mistake to move to Vegas for sure

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It wasn’t bad all the time and it’s December what do you expect teams to just fold on us. During clean pockets carr ignored djax and zay wide open countless times

It was a lot of the time. Sorry man, I don't expect you to understand seeing how you want to play certain people based on what month it is but it's just what it is. 

QBs miss open WRs in every game also, dude. Last time Mariota started, he was insanely guilty of it but that might've been in October bc he was benched and the offense exploded once that happened 

42 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It was a lot of the time. Sorry man, I don't expect you to understand seeing how you want to play certain people based on what month it is but it's just what it is. 

QBs miss open WRs in every game also, dude. Last time Mariota started, he was insanely guilty of it but that might've been in October bc he was benched and the offense exploded once that happened 

You are definitely entitled to your opinion 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Last 2 games carr has as many tds as mm with significantly less pt 

Doesn't change the fact that what I said is the truth. You can deflect all you want but fact is, the last time your boy was a starter on a team, their offense was trash, literally worst in the league, until he was benched. At that time, they became one of the best. 

Good:

Carlson and Cole are legitimate weapons as a kicker and punter. 

Bad:

Ugly:

Everything else. 

Playcalling sucks. WRs suck. Rbs suck. O-line sucks. Execution on plays suck. Everything about the offense sucks. There's nothing good to say about it.

The defense sucks. It doesn't matter whether they give up 10 or 30, the end result is always the same: we need 1 stop and they can't do it. 12 games in and we're still leaving RBs open with 15 yards around them. We make dumb penalties. We play Charmin Ultra coverage and routinely give up 3rd downs. This is why Gus can't keep a job. Even the commentary team called out how Atlanta and Dallas abandoned that scheme and how Gus refuses to make adjustments. 

We have a beautiful stadium but no fans. Not anything like we did in Oakland. O.co sucked, but at least it was home. We've joined Blue Man Group and Simon & Garfunkel as Las Vegas "attractions" and it shows. And guess what? The "no state income tax" hasn't been all that attractive either. Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Seattle, Houston, Dallas, and Tennessee can say the same thing and FA hasn't historically been team making for them outside of Tampa just assembling every asset under the sun. And a rocket scientist could have pointed out that nobody really gives a **** about that. You're not attracting the best of a bunch of millionaires with "no state income tax" when you have a loser of a franchise. I hope Mark is happy, because this move did nothing for us but make the Raiders the NFL equivalent of a theme park for vacationers. We don't have a home field advantage, and frankly, we SUCK in Las Vegas. As the city is apt to do, it seems like it literally sucks is dry and we just can't wait to get out elsewhere. The house wins, for sure, but the team doesn't. 

Being a Raiders fan is utterly exhausting. For all of us, it was a source of pride. And there's plenty of camps that agree or disagree about this or that, but I think we can all agree that this "team" is more of a shell brand than a team anymore. There's no passion. There's no soul to it. We're the NFL equivalent of the XFL's Team 9. There's no quick fix via a single player, and nothing about Mark Davis' unfortunate tubby Mason Verger looking *** gives any reason to believe we'll make the correct move and can the farce of a GM we have and bring in what's needed to actually build a winning team. He's too stupid to do anything remotely intelligent, and unlike Al, has no real passion for the game beyond it's profits allowing him to get away with his 97 Caravan and atrocious haircut and still manage to (assumedly) get laid. 

Ugly is the Raiders in a nutshell at this point. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The-Beast said:

Carr sucks real bad. His primary focus is dump off passes to Renfrow and the RB's. Zay Jones was wide open half a dozen times downfield but Carr played the safe game and lost.

I feel like I watched a completely different game than people with these takes.

My impression was that Carr played well today. The issue was the Raiders didn't make those tough plays or big get calls today. I'm think of the two Moreau tough drops, the Edwards overturned touhh drop, the Zay Jones one hander in the endzone, and the deep shot. Otherwise Carr had a pretty great game. He navigated the pocket well, bought time, ran, attacked vertical. Honestly, there was very little more he could have done in this game. He was only sacked twice today despite rough interior protection.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Good:

Carlson and Cole are legitimate weapons as a kicker and punter. 

Bad:

Ugly:

Everything else. 

Playcalling sucks. WRs suck. Rbs suck. O-line sucks. Execution on plays suck. Everything about the offense sucks. There's nothing good to say about it.

The defense sucks. It doesn't matter whether they give up 10 or 30, the end result is always the same: we need 1 stop and they can't do it. 12 games in and we're still leaving RBs open with 15 yards around them. We make dumb penalties. We play Charmin Ultra coverage and routinely give up 3rd downs. This is why Gus can't keep a job. Even the commentary team called out how Atlanta and Dallas abandoned that scheme and how Gus refuses to make adjustments. 

We have a beautiful stadium but no fans. Not anything like we did in Oakland. O.co sucked, but at least it was home. We've joined Blue Man Group and Simon & Garfunkel as Las Vegas "attractions" and it shows. And guess what? The "no state income tax" hasn't been all that attractive either. Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Seattle, Houston, Dallas, and Tennessee can say the same thing and FA hasn't historically been team making for them outside of Tampa just assembling every asset under the sun. And a rocket scientist could have pointed out that nobody really gives a **** about that. You're not attracting the best of a bunch of millionaires with "no state income tax" when you have a loser of a franchise. I hope Mark is happy, because this move did nothing for us but make the Raiders the NFL equivalent of a theme park for vacationers. We don't have a home field advantage, and frankly, we SUCK in Las Vegas. As the city is apt to do, it seems like it literally sucks is dry and we just can't wait to get out elsewhere. The house wins, for sure, but the team doesn't. 

Being a Raiders fan is utterly exhausting. For all of us, it was a source of pride. And there's plenty of camps that agree or disagree about this or that, but I think we can all agree that this "team" is more of a shell brand than a team anymore. There's no passion. There's no soul to it. We're the NFL equivalent of the XFL's Team 9. There's no quick fix via a single player, and nothing about Mark Davis' unfortunate tubby Mason Verger looking *** gives any reason to believe we'll make the correct move and can the farce of a GM we have and bring in what's needed to actually build a winning team. He's too stupid to do anything remotely intelligent, and unlike Al, has no real passion for the game beyond it's profits allowing him to get away with his 97 Caravan and atrocious haircut and still manage to (assumedly) get laid. 

Ugly is the Raiders in a nutshell at this point. 

Renfrow didn't suck. At all