The good, the bad, the we suck again vs. WFT edition

big_palooka

4 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

It's also Bradley's first year for the raiders. I hope nobody expected, that he forms a bottom 10 defense in a top 10 defense in one offseason.

Nope, but I think expecting schematic alterations to address continual issues like leaving RBs completely uncovered in the flats with 15+ yards between them and the closest defender on 3rd downs and ridiculously soft zones on 3rd and mediums that leave wide open pockets that are exploited every single game 12 weeks into the season is more than reasonable. 

It's one thing to try and address it and the talent level just not be up to snuff. But we haven't even tried. Because Gus doesn't make adjustments. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Oh now you mad running out of vocabulary. The present carr has less tds than heinieke and heini hasn’t even started every game. Carr has 17 td in 13 games. That’s embarrassing to me but ok to you. Again while you enjoy the past ragging on mm totally ignoring carrs failures. mm is our last qb to score a td this season. Tds matter but “I’m not sure you’ll grasp this”.

Why does it matter who scores on the team? You should care about the team, not a player. We are averaging more points than the FT but you seem to only care about people and not the team so I can't help you here.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yezzir. 

Dude has an ego when it comes to his scheme. 

"It worked in Seattle." leaves out that he had an All-star cast for a short run that made it work. 

The wishbone offense worked once too lol. 

The reality is we gave up 17 points a sack and an interception and a dropped interception yesterday and I offense scored 15 points. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

21 passes < 10 yards down field. Disgusting. 

Whats even worse IM is we were what 9/14 throwing it over 10 yards. That is pretty good numbers, and that includes the hail mary and deep shot to Zay. so we were 9/12.
Why the hell were we not doing it more. 

Against a weak secondary, missing their safety. Such a joke. 

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Notice how no one makes excuses for our defense.

Do you not constantly say that our O not having long drives makes them tired?
While also saying that yards mean nothing?

Because 1. you are blaming the O as an excuse for the D
And 2. Yards mean we are driving the ball, which would keep the D off the field . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

If you see where I am going with this haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

The reality is we gave up 17 points yesterday and I offense scored 15 points. 

Box scouting. 

The on field product still largely looks like garbage for big chunks of the game, especially in big spots. 

The offense didn't help, but we did have a lead late. The defense needed 1 stop and couldn't get it done to save their lives. 

If Washington had a decent offense, they would've scored 30+ on us. Lucky for them, Taylor Heinicke and Washington's offense isn't very good. 

We gave up 37 passing yards on Washington's last drive, with the game on the line. That was almost a quarter of their entire passing yardage. 3 straight first downs, missed 4 straight by 1 yard. Those kind of chunk plays simply cannot happen in that situation. That's 40 yards in 4 plays, when it matters the most. With an opponent only needing FG positioning, that's not acceptable, not with 2ish minutes left. They could've started from their 1 yard line and gotten into FG range with how the defense played the last drive. 

Again, not to say the offense didn't bang up job- they didn't. But at some point our D has to be able to hold onto a lead when it counts. They routinely don't. It's slowly becoming another "Offense can't afford a single mistake because the defense cannot be trusted to actually make a stop" situation. That works against both sides of the ball. 

• Like 1

Averaging 13 points in all our losses and we still going on and on about the defense after ever loss is starting to get ridiculous. The worst offense in the league avg 13.7. I don't care what defense you fielding you losing most of the games scoring 13 points a game. 

• Like 1

All the back and forth on Carr is tiresome honestly.

Bottom line, the teams issues can be boiled down to a lack of overall talent due to extremely poor drafting in the Gruden era. The FO and coaching is also terrible. 

Davis needs to clean house, no holdovers. And I think that goes with Carr as well. He's a fine QB, but after 8 years this franchise needs to try something new. They need a new face to build around. This has run its course. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

Averaging 13 points in all our losses and we still going on and on about the defense after ever loss is starting to get ridiculous. The worst offense in the league avg 13.7. I don't care what defense you fielding you losing most of the games scoring 13 points a game. 

It is ridiculous. They allowed 7 points through 3 quarters and the team was still trailing. Let's blame the defense...

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Box scouting. 

The on field product still largely looks like garbage for big chunks of the game, especially in big spots. 

The offense didn't help, but we did have a lead late. The defense needed 1 stop and couldn't get it done to save their lives. 

If Washington had a decent offense, they would've scored 30+ on us. Lucky for them, Taylor Heinicke and Washington's offense isn't very good. 

We gave up 37 passing yards on Washington's last drive, with the game on the line. That was almost a quarter of their entire passing yardage. 3 straight first downs, missed 4 straight by 1 yard. Those kind of chunk plays simply cannot happen in that situation. That's 40 yards in 4 plays, when it matters the most. With an opponent only needing FG positioning, that's not acceptable, not with 2ish minutes left. They could've started from their 1 yard line and gotten into FG range with how the defense played the last drive. 

Again, not to say the offense didn't bang up job- they didn't. But at some point our D has to be able to hold onto a lead when it counts. They routinely don't. It's slowly becoming another "Offense can't afford a single mistake because the defense cannot be trusted to actually make a stop" situation. That works against both sides of the ball. 

I think if you look at any teams defenses game you're going to find things that you could critique that the team could've done better. But the reality is the point of the defense is to stop the other team from scoring points. I think if you asked really anyone that played the game and or knows the game of football(you included), that person would say that if you could keep the other team from scoring 20 or more points that is a good game for the Defense. You add the fact that they had an interception caused by a pressure, a sack, and a potential pick six that if the safety caught the ball we would all be talking about how great this defense played and how they would've scored the same amount of touchdowns as the offense. 

This is also discounting the fact that they lost both they are starting linebackers (including the play caller of the defense) to injuries with considerable time left in the game. 

Obvioulsly this game is on the O, dont think anyone is blaming the D.
They played a great game. Wish Moehrig had just came up with the int at the end. 

All off season, I said give Carr an average D and then we will see. We did that, and its still not working. 

We are going to look completely Different next year, if new coach wants to keep Carr fine, if he wants new qb fine. I just want an offensive minded coach.
Id rather go down swinging, then playing this conservative boring crap. 

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think if you look at any teams defenses game you're going to find things that you could critique that the team could've done better. But the reality is the point of the defense is to stop the other team from scoring points. I think if you asked really anyone that played the game and or knows the game of football(you included), that person would say that if you could keep the other team from scoring 20 or more points that is a good game for the Defense. You add the fact that they had an interception caused by a pressure, a sack, and a potential pick six that if the safety caught the ball we would all be talking about how great this defense played and how they would've scored the same amount of touchdowns as the offense. 

This is also discounting the fact that they lost both they are starting linebackers (including the play caller of the defense) to injuries with considerable time left in the game. 

The Jaguars once held the Bills to 6 points. 

Nobody is gonna be caught dead saying that the Jaguars have a "good" defense. 

Totality of the circumstances. We can't make stops when they count, we haven't made adjustments to address things that beat us up every week.