The good, the bad, the we suck again vs. WFT edition

big_palooka

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

He was not even low.  He was at the waist of the runner and the o-lineman pushed him low.  Can o-linemen dive at defenders legs still because I still see that happening.  If it is just in the open field did they consider the injuries that might happen to defenders if you force them to go high against 330 lb o-linemen.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He was not even low.  He was at the waist of the runner and the o-lineman pushed him low.  Can o-linemen dive at defenders legs still because I still see that happening.  If it is just in the open field did they consider the injuries that might happen to defenders if you force them to go high against 330 lb o-linemen.

I don't think they care about defense.

That used to be an all-pro play from a S.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't think they care about defense.

That used to be an all-pro play from a S.

Yes it was and to top it off Abram does not go low.  No clue how that is even called.  Then you have The Crosby roughing the passer and a few minutes later no call on Payne pancaking Carr.  Reddit has a good side by side picture.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Even at full strength, our personnel is primarily backup level. 

If we started every starter on offense, it would still rank as one of the worst in the league. 

But sure, we can keep pretending that Jackson, Jones, Edwards, Jacobs, Simpson, James, Leatherwhiff, and Parker would be starting anywhere else. Incognito playing in this hypothetical? Dude's a relic. Good? He's just ok. 

Josh Jacobs and Andre James are certainly starting level players. I would also argue that Bryan Edwards is a top 64 receiver in the NFL talent-wise.

The other guys are suspect but fine as depth/fringe starters for lots of other teams. It’s not an all-star cast but it was good enough to be one of the top scoring offenses prior to November. 

With that said, we should have WAY more talent given the salary cap and draft resources we’ve had the last 3 years. Still, I’m not absolving Carr of his inability to raise his level of play when it counts. 

My solution is a fresh start from the ground up (new President of Football Operations, new GM, new HC, new QB in next 1-2 years). 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Seeing that angle, I get what you are saying. He was attacking the ball carrier and his path was impeded by the blocker last second. Terrible call.

I've given abram a lot of **** but he played hard and has a lot of heart. Not his fault the officials were horrendous.

19 minutes ago, Geezy said:

So damn frustrating being a Raiders fan. How do you go from 3-0 to 6-6. This **** is draining. 

Honestly bro I try to not let them ruin my Sunday’s anymore I’ve been gambling a little more something else to distract me from living and dying with our squad. I was 16 when they made the Super Bowl in 2003 I’m turning 35 in 9 days. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Honestly bro I try to not let them ruin my Sunday’s anymore I’ve been gambling a little more something else to distract me from living and dying with our squad. I was 16 when they made the Super Bowl in 2003 I’m turning 35 in 9 days. 

I’m a year older than you, we’ve enjoyed 1 winning season as adults lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

This team fooled us into being fans when we were young and naive

I’m from LA, so I’ve witnessed the Lakers win championships in 3 different eras, Pete Carrol era, UCLA basketball in ‘95, the Dodgers finally get one, hell even the Kings, but the Raiders are my heart man and these guys are a damn clown show every damn year. I just need one in my lifetime! 

• Like 2