2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

23 hours ago, WindyCity said:

These pylons were not what I was asking for with a competent veteran swing OT.

20 hours ago, WindyCity said:

We signed OT Julien Davenport…

He is terrible. But I guess a camp body is a camp body.

You’ve been bitching that we haven’t signed any depth at OT for over a month. We sign a backup caliber player to maybe make the team as a backup for us and you still have a problem with it.

Shocker. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

You’ve been bitching that we haven’t signed any depth at OT for over a month. We sign a backup caliber player to maybe make the team as a backup for us and you still have a problem with it.

Shocker. 

He is really bad.

What is the appropriate reaction to your team signing a really bad player?

I really do not understand your issue here. I would like us to sign a competent veteran swing OT and we signed one of the worst OTs in the league… those are not the same thing.

If you want a pizza and someone gives you a saltine with ketchup on it… what is the appropriate reaction?

Edited by WindyCity

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

When the Bears sign a competent veteran backup OLmen… I will be leading the parade with my homecoming gown on.

But we are still waiting.

Yea, you know what, let’s just put Fields on ice for a few years till we can get some guaranteed Pro Bowlers in here, it’s the only way any QB has ever been successful. 

He’s basically a new born, soft spot and all. We wouldn’t want a football player to actually get touched or anything like that

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, you know what, let’s just put Fields on ice for a few years till we can get some guaranteed Pro Bowlers in here, it’s the only way any QB has ever been successful. 

He’s basically a new born, soft spot and all. We wouldn’t want a football player to actually get touched or anything like that

Why don’t we just improve the OL.

It isn’t rocket science. It just makes sense to protect Fields as best you can.

We are not asking for Pro Bowlers. Draft picks and competent veteran backups.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We are not asking for Pro Bowlers. Draft picks and competent veteran backups.

We havent even had the draft and all you’re doing is complaining that we arent using draft picks on the OL. It’s literally impossible to complete what you are asking for at this point in time, yet you still post multiple times per day complaining about it. It’s starting to get sad really

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

We havent even had the draft and all you’re doing is complaining that we arent using draft picks on the OL. It’s literally impossible to complete what you are asking for at this point in time, yet you still post multiple times per day complaining about it. It’s starting to get sad really

We weren’t talking about that. We were talking about signing Julien Davenport, who is a tragic player.

We aren’t talking about draft picks.

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Just so you are aware of the timeline

-Bears sign Davenport

-Windy is not impressed or happy, because Davenport is terrible 

-AZ is upset that Windy isn’t happy.

-Windy tells AZ he is not happy with it because Davenport is terrible and he would like a non-terrible veteran lineman signed.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Just so you are aware of the timeline

Dude it’s not about that one post, it’s all of them between the two most popular threads here, the last few pages of both are littered with you posting g the same over-reaction complaints

i mean you are so mad about about a Camp body OT, you would have thought we handed him a 5 year deal fully guaranteed. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Dude it’s not about that one post, it’s all of them between the two most popular threads here, the last few pages of both are littered with you posting g the same over-reaction complaints

i mean you are so mad about about a Camp body OT, you would have thought we handed him a 5 year deal fully guaranteed. 

I just said he sucked. That was apparently wrong.

But he does suck.

And we do need to draft a starting RG, I wouldn’t wait past 71. Priority should be put on the OL.

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

St, you don’t think OL, or offense, should be a priority in the draft?

No. Talent should be. That will inevitably include offense, but in no way should we EVER prioritize a position of need in the draft. Atleast not in the Top 100-120 picks. There is too much talent to accrue, and we need that talent literally every spot on the roster. QB and RB are the only spots we shouldn’t be picking guys, and we should be able to leverage QBs into trade downs, and honestly no one should be drafting RBs all that highly any more.

The system will show how good or not good Fields is. The resulting numbers are what dullards will look at to make a decision on if he is a franchise guy, but that’s not what the Front Office and Coaches will care about, especially in 2022.

And we don’t NEED to draft a Lineman or Receiver high to be able to evaluate those things (because he is being re-evaluated), there are still plenty of steady veterans out there that can do that. You just don’t like them, and call all of them trash. And while not as many as some would suggest, there still will be surprising cuts that we will look at as well.

There are still atleast 10 lineman that could be signed today that would be completely fine starting on this OL. Some of the LT options depend on if you want to give Jenkins the chance this year but there’s 2 (Eric Fiaher and Duane Brown) who could absolutely start for us, and I would be fine with them there all year long. There’s an obvious Center (Tretter) who we could bring in, with probably another as will, but who wouldn’t likely be an upgrade over Patrick (Paradis), and when you are looking at actual Guards or even RTs there are plenty (Bulaga, Flowers, Williams, Reiff, Turner, Remmers, Hopkins, Spain) who would all be just fine starting for one year, or less depending on draftees.

And they are all waiting for the draft to settle (atleast the first two days) before they decide where to sign. I’d bet we end up with one, if not two of those guys on the roster come Training Camp. And that’s not even getting into plenty of other guys out there who have starting experience, and would make solid backups. 

Again, your bar of what we NEED is just not reality, it’s what you WANT. And that fine, but you don’t seem to realize the difference. That’s been obvious since the minute your idea of an “average” lineman was presented 

• Like 1