2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

38 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Adams cap number hits the books as soon as they offer it.

They we’re 8 million over at the deadline today with all those moves. Bucs were 20 over as of lunch. 

No, the franchise tag doesn't effect the cap until the player signs the tender, but the issue is, as soon as the player signs the tender it counts against the cap.  Adam's is actually free to sign an offer sheet with anybody right now, GB would then be able to match it or decline and the signing team would owe GB 2 first round picks.

22 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No, the franchise tag doesn't effect the cap until the player signs the tender, but the issue is, as soon as the player signs the tender it counts against the cap.  Adam's is actually free to sign an offer sheet with anybody right now, GB would then be able to match it or decline and the signing team would owe GB 2 first round picks.

Ugh. They used the non-exclusive tag then. I think I'd rather he stay in GB for a year than GB get two firsts. 

Hopefully we get some movement on the Watson deal today since that will be holding up a ton of free agency deals from getting over the line with teams waiting to see who will be released to make it happen...my hope is he heads to Cleveland since they already have a LT in place and would need to cut some solid players to make the move happen.