2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

29 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If this is true then it says alot.

Well...Rodgers knew there was a chance Gutekunst was trading Adams. That's obviously true.

The Pack willing to pay Adams quarterback money? I HIGHLY doubt that is the case. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The comp pick formula is not going to work out for the Bears.

They would have to sign pretty much 0 actual free agents moving forward.

For a team with nothing but massive holes that seems unlikely.

There are a lot of veterans getting cut as teams recycle money and try to take advantage of the giant cap hike. You can sign a few of them as splash moves. The rest can be depth FAs who don't make enough to qualify for draft compensation.

Bears aren't trying to compete in 2022. They're starting a rebuild where virtually nothing is settled. It's probably better for them to bottom out and accumulate picks.

Bears were inevitably going to pay the cost for Pace leveraging the future. Better to pay it all now in a meaningless season than to pay any part of it in Fields' 3rd and 4th years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

I dunno man... I feel like this team is shaping up to be incredibly boring this season.

This is a reset year...that has been clear from the start...this is about brining guys in on shortish cheap deals to provide solid play before we start to build through the draft...this is the pain we are going to have to go through before we hit 2023 where we get a huge cap space and draft ammo.

• Like 1