2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

On 3/22/2022 at 9:41 AM, WindyCity said:

Idk this “mr Conrad” guy seems like a lunatic to me. Someone you definitely couldn’t trust. Probably never even played the game before - just a momma’s basement type guy. A real loser. Probably 5’6” 140 lbs and acne everywhere. Turns the salary cap off and force trades on when playing madden. 

honestly windy, i think most of the points you make are wayyyy better than that dude. If you follow him, I would stop doing so immediately 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Great player but not for this much...Packers got robbed blind 😂

Yeah I agree. He probably only has 2-3 good speed years left and he's a maniac off of the field anyway.

I liked Miami's roster a lot last year but now they are loaded and can be an 11+ win team easily, but the AFC is so stacked that 11 wins might land them the 7 seed.

29 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Idk this “mr Conrad” guy seems like a lunatic to me. Someone you definitely couldn’t trust. Probably never even played the game before - just a momma’s basement type guy. A real loser. Probably 5’6” 140 lbs and acne everywhere. Turns the salary cap off and force trades on when playing madden. 

honestly windy, i think most of the points you make are wayyyy better than that dude. If you follow him, I would stop doing so immediately 

Yeah, that dude lost me when he still couldn't stop making excuses for Pace and Nagy after last season. 

46 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Great player but not for this much...Packers got robbed blind 😂

Picks don't matter... Those picks have maybe a 10% chance to be Hill, if they even play 3 years.

I get having depth is nice, but Hill is durable and the fastest player in the NFL. Miami becomes instant contenders with the moves they've made this off-season.

2 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Picks don't matter... Those picks have maybe a 10% chance to be Hill, if they even play 3 years.

I get having depth is nice, but Hill is durable and the fastest player in the NFL. Miami becomes instant contenders with the moves they've made this off-season.

If they get good QB play. That's a pretty big if. Do they know what they have in Tua yet? My guess is no.

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I wouldn’t say it’s decimated. Still out there who can be expected to fill a top 3 role for 2022: Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, MVS, Will Fuller, TY Hilton, Cole Beasley, Emmanuel Sanders, AJ Green. Some maybes include OBJ (here because of the injury), Tre’Quan Smith, Sammy Watkins, Desean Jackson, Demarcus Robinson. Few stars, but definitely guys who can fill roles for a year. Same goes for the OL.

I promise you - Poles will add more. 

Who from that list would you want Bears to sign?

I want none of them.

Scratch that, I'll take Beasley on a cheap bargain deal for filler.  Ditto for Fuller.  But only for bargain basement.

I was just about to say sign James Washington, googled him and saw he just went to Dallas.

Just now, Bigbear72 said:

If they get good QB play. That's a pretty big if. Do they know what they have in Tua yet? My guess is no.

He started to come on a bit at the end of the year. I'm not a Tua fan, but McDaniels got something out of the 49ers offense (Garappalo) , so I'm at least intrigued.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I want none of them.

Scratch that, I'll take Beasley on a cheap bargain deal for filler.  Ditto for Fuller.  But only for bargain basement.

I was just about to say sign James Washington, googled him and saw he just went to Dallas.

Agree. Maybe Desean Jackson for cheap.

12 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Sorry man but the "Picks don't matter" argument is based on what has just happened with the Rams and not a lot else...look at the NFL for years...the best teams are built through the draft...let's say Hill blows out his ACL in game 2 next year...then what? Where is the depth? Where are the other guys to step up? The best teams are build in the draft and us trading for Hill would have been a terrible move.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I want none of them.

As one year insurance plans for a R2 rookie not being ready to ball out in week 1 of year 1? Most of them. Each is qualified to be a stop gap player IMO, if not more. 

I’m not saying give any of them a huge contract by any stretch, but if you don’t think 29-year old Jarvis Landry, now healthy following a MCL sprain that dogged him most of 2021, could significantly help the 2022 and possibly 2023 Bears then that’s crazy. Emmanuel Sanders as a WR3/4 insurance plan would be a big get for us as a 1-year placeholder IMO. That raises the floor for us significantly while allowing a rookie WR to take on as much as he’s ready for in year 1. Fuller would be a high risk high reward signing on a 1-year deal and his relative lack of health is definitely a concern, but in a role where he’s essentially being asked to bridge to a rookie WR being ready for a full role that’s a fine fit at the right price, with a player with an ideal scheme fit skill set.

I’m not looking for game breakers here. I’m talking about starting-caliber professional level WRs. I’m not going to pretend like they’re not out there. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

As one year insurance plans for a R2 rookie not being ready to ball out in week 1 of year 1? Most of them. Each is qualified to be a stop gap player IMO, if not more. 

I’m not saying give any of them a huge contract by any stretch, but if you don’t think 29-year old Jarvis Landry, now healthy following a MCL sprain that dogged him most of 2021, could significantly help the 2022 and possibly 2023 Bears then that’s crazy. Emmanuel Sanders as a WR3/4 insurance plan would be a big get for us as a 1-year placeholder IMO. That raises the floor for us significantly while allowing a rookie WR to take on as much as he’s ready for in year 1. Fuller would be a high risk high reward signing on a 1-year deal and his relative lack of health is definitely a concern, but in a role where he’s essentially being asked to bridge to a rookie WR being ready for a full role that’s a fine fit at the right price, with a player with an ideal scheme fit skill set.

I’m not looking for game breakers here. I’m talking about starting-caliber professional level WRs. I’m not going to pretend like they’re not out there. 

I think, but am not sure, that Landry has attitude problems and likely wants more $$ than I would spend on him.

For right price I would take him.