2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I looked at his draft profile and it said he can play center. Perhaps competition for Mustipher at backup C? Can’t imagine this is a guy they’re looking at as a potential starter. 

He has very, very underwhelming athletic testing metrics.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Great player but not for this much...Packers got robbed blind 😂

This plus the Cedrick Wilson signing almost has to mean DeVante Parker is done in Miami. He would have cap charges to a team acquiring him via trade of just $5.75 and $5.8M for 2022 and 2023 with no remaining guarantees, meaning he’s year to year at this point. That’s a legitimate 29-year old starting NFL WR who’s at his best attacking down the field on 50/50 balls with a skill set complementary to that of Mooney.

Certainly worth a late round pick to me… 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I promise you - Poles will add more. 

He has to. The Bears need to field a team! 

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Hoge and Jahns just did a whole podcast on this point. 

My pet theory is media reads us without attribution because they always seem to follow points made here a few weeks to a month later.  

And...you're probably right about that. 😉

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Great player but not for this much...Packers got robbed blind 😂

Packers didn't get robbed. The ******* Dolphins are insane. 

4 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

If they get good QB play. That's a pretty big if. Do they know what they have in Tua yet? My guess is no.

They're guessing yes. 

My take? He did come on late...so there's a decent chance he's going to be good. But, REALLY good? That's a leap of faith, if you ask me. And that leap may come back to bite them. 

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

As one year insurance plans for a R2 rookie not being ready to ball out in week 1 of year 1? Most of them. Each is qualified to be a stop gap player IMO, if not more. 

Yup. You do what you can. And you plan judiciously. 

2 hours ago, The_Romen said:

I'm all for draft picks and this and that, but how many of these guys are even serviceable depth? Seriously, how many 2nd rounders in Bears history have ever mattered? Tyreek Hill is a game changer, Davante is a game changer, OBJ is a game changer. Alex Bars played just as well as James Daniel and he was a UDFA.

Hill and Adams are what they are because they were brought on by teams that believe in building through the draft.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hello Bears fans.  I was just thinking that the Bears have been pretty quiet in free agency so far.  Are you guys really up against the cap, or is the new GM/HC combo just wanting to build only through the draft? 

There are some cap concerns...but it's all bigger than that. They're going to rely on the draft (and UDFA), but if there's a big ticket guy down the road, I can see them snagging him. 

I'm sort of surprised they didn't go after Miles Jack or Bobby Wagner, TBH, but I'm trusting their overall judgement so far...so I can't be upset. 

Edited by Heinz D.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If this was a second visit then sure that's a good sign.

Greg Gabriel said he was there yesterday and he seems to be somewhat in the know right now. DBB posted yesterday that the visit had happened and ended. Makes me think this is visit #2, which would make you think an offer sheet is imminent.

Go get em! Gotta get some of these people off the ledge, Poles! 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He has to. The Bears need to field a team! 

And...you're probably right about that. 😉

Packers didn't get robbed. The ******* Dolphins are insane. 

They're guessing yes. 

My take? He did come on late...so there's a decent chance he's going to be good. But, REALLY good? That's a leap of faith, if you ask me. And that leap may come back to bite them. 

Yup. You do what you can. And you plan judiciously. 

Hill and Adams are what they are because they were brought on by teams that believe in building through the draft.

There are some cap concerns...but it's all bigger than that. They're going to rely on the draft (and UDFA), but if there's a big ticket guy down the road, I can see them snagging him. 

I'm sort of surprised they didn't go after Miles Jack or Bobby Wagner, TBH, but I'm trusting their overall judgement so far...so I can't be upset. 

Wagner wants to go somewhere where he can win immediately, which is why he'll probably sign with the Rams

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, I’m just trying to find a reason to sign him lol. 

I don't get it either... I'm sure dude has a plan. I'll wait until the end of the draft to see if I think Poles is in over his skis.

If I had to guess today, they like one of Jenkins/Borom at OT, they'll look at WR at 39 and OL at 48.

After that some blend of 3T/NB/LB and then some 'upgrades' when veterans are cut late.

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

they'll look at WR at 39 and OL at 48.

After that some blend of 3T/NB/LB and then some 'upgrades' when veterans are cut late.

Or, and just hear me out, I know this is a radical idea, maybe we just take the best talent we can find in the draft? 

I know I’m talking crazy, but that might just work out in the long run