2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Precisely, and the amount of talent in the top 48 picks should provide plenty of prospects from which to choose.

I suppose a trade-down from 39 is also likely if we have 10 players we like when we're on the clock...

The current plan has left us no flexibility in the draft.

I am not sure why we took this approach, but it is what it is, we need offensive talent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

The current plan has left us no flexibility in the draft.

I am not sure why we took this approach, but it is what it is, we need offensive talent.

Spitballin' here but it could be that they like players in the top 50 picks of the draft more than the current FA value.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

Spitballin' here but it could be that they like players in the top 50 picks of the draft more than the current FA value.

The problem is that doesn’t address the volume we need.

We need to sign a RG and draft a RG.

We need to sign a WR and draft a WR.

My issue is that relying on the draft is a risk. A risk you can offset by having a capable veteran competing for the spot.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

We don’t have a starting RG or WR.

Fields is too important to not have talent around him.

I wish our GM was actively plugging holes, but he isn’t, so the draft will likely have to be needs based.

Do you honestly expect that we’re going to roll into the season with glorified traffic cones playing on the OL? C’mon. 

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Do you honestly expect that we’re going to roll into the season with glorified traffic cones playing on the OL? C’mon. 

We are running out of options.

How many guys left in free agency would be legit enough starters to not have to draft someone early to hopefully replace them?

4-5 guys right now. Maybe.

As I said, as we sit here right now we do not have any flexibility in the draft. We have gaping holes on offense. The WR market is decimated so you might as well write than one in pen.

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I honestly would like to know what veterans still available do you think are good enough to start at RG and alter draft plans?

I honestly would like to know what veterans still available do you think are good enough to start at RG and alter draft plans?

How many times do you want me to post the list of available UFA linemen? How many of those guys have signed anywhere besides Bozeman since last week?

Getsy comes to us from an offense that started these guys at OL last year: 

Jon Runyan (16 games) 2nd year 6th rounder

Royce Newman (16 games) rookie 4th rounder 

Billy Turner (13 games) journeyman, still available in FA

Lucas Patrick (13 games) now on our roster

Yosuah Nijman (8 games) 2nd year UDFA

Josh Myers (6 games) rookie 2nd rounder

Dennis Kelly (4 games) journeyman, still available in FA

Meanwhile, their 2 best OL (Bakhtiari and Jenkins) played 1 and 8 games, respectfully. GB’s line was completely fine.

That group comprised of spare parts, late round picks and rookies, with the right coaching and in the right scheme, was good enough to protect Aaron GD Rodgers and give him a consistently productive running game.

The WR market is decimated so you might as well write than one in pen.

I already posted a list of a dozen vet WRs who could come in and fill a top 3 role for us showing that it’s not. Your response was essentially, “Well I don’t think Poles wants those guys.” 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

21 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Nobody stresses a defense in the whole league like this guy.  Nobody.   They are crazy to let him go.

Mahomes is the man, but that offense runs on Hill and his threat.

Taking Hill off that offense is far worse for KC than Adams leaving GB IMO.

If Hill leaves KC is no longer a SB favorite, he means that much.  Again IMO.

If I was Mahomes I would be throwing a fit.

Well they gave up a lot for him and he signed a huge contract.  Makes more sense now.   I guess it had to be done and now they continue to add team talent which will help overall.

He was still straw that stirred that drink.  They will find out playmakers like that don’t grow on trees.  

2 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

According tomy instagram, Bates intends to sign the offer from the Bears. Bills have 5 days to match or not.

Sweet. Curious about the structure.

Also (doesn’t impact us), if we sign him away from BUF does that factor into their comp pick formula? I would think not, but genuinely don’t know.