The Ftont office or the coaches?

hornbybrown

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

But to me the Hue Sashi relationship isn't the problem 

You HAVE TO give these guys this draft class

You can't allow these guys to trade down pass on talent to stockpile picks and not let them use those picks 

You just can't 

Yes, you can, you do not throw good money after bad. This FO and Hue, if the rumours are true, has already passed on 2 possible franchise QB's in Wentz and Watson in favour of Kizer. Wentz is the leading candidate for MVP of the whole NFL and you want to entrust them to pick our franchise QB in the 2018 draft??? Well, I don't!!! 

Even if Haslam wasn't the owner, these guys would be under extreme pressure to get the draft perfect and under that much stress, they will be second guessing themselves, fearing they will make a huge mistake and when a FO is under that much pressure, they can make mistake after mistake, because they will be questioning even the most obvious choices. 

We simply have to get it right this time or experience shows it can take a decade to recover and I am in no mood to wait that long. A new FO, hopefully, without any interference from our owner, will draft at least with confidence and we just have to pray, Haslam hired a decent group who can assess talent, otherwise we are doomed either way!!!

2 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Yes, you can, you do not throw good money after bad. This FO and Hue, if the rumours are true, has already passed on 2 possible franchise QB's in Wentz and Watson in favour of Kizer. Wentz is the leading candidate for MVP of the whole NFL and you want to entrust them to pick our franchise QB in the 2018 draft??? Well, I don't!!! 

Even if Haslam wasn't the owner, these guys would be under extreme pressure to get the draft perfect and under that much stress, they will be second guessing themselves, fearing they will make a huge mistake and when a FO is under that much pressure, they can make mistake after mistake, because they will be questioning even the most obvious choices. 

We simply have to get it right this time or experience shows it can take a decade to recover and I am in no mood to wait that long. A new FO, hopefully, without any interference from our owner, will draft at least with confidence and we just have to pray, Haslam hired a decent group who can assess talent, otherwise we are doomed either way!!!

Honestly?  It was a sad day when you discovered the Browns forum. Eeyor has nothing on you. 

9 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

That is the problem I see. If they part ways with Hue, I don't see any viable coach candidate knocking on the door saying let me come coach for that guy. Now that said, Haslam could hire an actual GM, such as McCloughan to be that role, have Sashi just be his EVP role, and Scot can hire who he wants. I'd love to get Darrell Bevell in this case. 

The trouble is, that Haslam is not likely to change his spots, he is what he is, a rotten owner who cannot hire decent people to run his football organization and then stand back and let them run the ship and we can all see the results, a total ugly mess.

It is simply not in Haslam's character to stay out of the day to day operations of his football team and until he begins to feel it in his pocketbook from unsold seats and declining concession sales, costing him millions of dollars, he simply will never change and we will pay the price.

7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

I won't buy it until @Mind Character puts him on his list.

On the serious tip:  This tells me we already have our next coach lined up and are looking to fill out his staff already.

Regardless, I commend the organization for being proactive and not waiting to get into a competitive situation with other teams.

If I had to guess, I would say that Gruden is done making Corona commercials.  He has been using the Haslam private jet for the last week.  Some speculation that he is in line to take over for Butch Jones in Tennessee, but Gruden has been adamant that he would not fit well into the NCAA guidelines.

Who’s that scrub? Seems like an unreliable source. 

However I’d love gruden. He knows how to be a HC and let his coordinators call the plays. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Who’s that scrub? Seems like an unreliable source. 

However I’d love gruden. He knows how to be a HC and let his coordinators call the plays. 

SEC CFB guy in Tennessee. Not here to vouch for the validity of the information or the source, just found it interesting and read into it probably way too much.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not sure what I'd think of Gruden.  He's had success but he's been out the game a while now...

He’s been out but he hasn’t been under a rock. He’s still around the game. It’s crazy he’s only 54. It seems like he’s been around forever. He knows how to manage and lead a team. We need desperately need someone like that. He isn’t married to any system so I’m sure he can adapt. The game isn’t that different than it was 9 years ago. It’s not like the nba where the entire league changed 4 years ago. He wasn’t running any gimmicks. So as long as he doesn’t bring in Monte Kiffin we'll be fine. 

14 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

passing on qbs who succeed isnt the same on whiffing on the one you pick

@LETSGOBROWNIES had a great analogy - they've taken 2 strikes.  they're down 0-2.  doesn't mean they've struck out yet tho 

its pretty clear the FO has added talent to this team, especially really really athletic talent
its also pretty clear that its hard to coach up young kids cause they mess up
its also pretty clear that the relationship between hue and sushdog is terrible

where do we go from here ?I Have no idea.  

33 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s been out but he hasn’t been under a rock. He’s still around the game. It’s crazy he’s only 54. It seems like he’s been around forever. He knows how to manage and lead a team. We need desperately need someone like that. He isn’t married to any system so I’m sure he can adapt. The game isn’t that different than it was 9 years ago. It’s not like the nba where the entire league changed 4 years ago. He wasn’t running any gimmicks. So as long as he doesn’t bring in Monte Kiffin we'll be fine. 

.....and he was born in Sandusky.....in the same hospital where I was born....the same year, in fact.  (Hospital is gone now, and Sandusky Schools just broke ground on building a new Intermediate School on the same site.  

Just now, Bucketheadsdad said:

.....and he was born in Sandusky.....in the same hospital where I was born....the same year, in fact.  (Hospital is gone now, and Sandusky Schools just broke ground on building a new Intermediate School on the same site.  

He grew up a browns fan. Maybe he wants his shot at fixing it. I’m not sure how he’d get along with this FO though. He’d want to win now. Maybe Peyton joining and becoming president of football ops would help attract him though. 

2 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Sooooo....you're telling us you're Jon Gruden?

Sweet.

Do a Frank Caliendo impression.

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

He grew up a browns fan. Maybe he wants his shot at fixing it. I’m not sure how he’d get along with this FO though. He’d want to win now. Maybe Peyton joining and becoming president of football ops would help attract him though. 

I bet he'd love this front office, he'd have enough draft picks to acquire every QB he gushed about on his QB camp show.

Archived