Game #14 - Thu, Dec 16 @ LA Chargers

onejayhawk

I don't want to do it.. but I have to.

Good game Chiefs. Good win Chiefs.

In the future I think, and I don't believe I am far off base, but that all Charger/Chief games should be prime time.

Here's to the playoffs, and maybe, possibly another match up. 

• Like 2

Sorting the stats, it is not good when your QB leads the team in rushing. Justin Jackson alone matched our 86 yards total. That said, there were a number of run concept pass plays that were quite effective, for example Burton's 20 yard gain on a screen pass. 

Special teams was supposed to be a big advantage, but they burned us for 75 yards on the opening KO and stopped Pringle inside the 20. The teams punted only once each, with the Chargers getting a net of one yard. Both K were perfect, Hopkins 4/4 on XP and Butker 2/2 and 2/2. I have to wonder whether they went on 4th down because they did not trust Hopkins, but otherwise our ST were outplayed.

Team stats are very close, as you would expect. They led on first downs 28-24 and on yards 428-22 during regulation. We had 2 first downs and 75 yards in OT. The bottom lines is our ability to hold them to 2/5 on 4th down.