Spider-man: No Way Home ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

35 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

There seems to be some real momentum to bring him back too. He was great.

I know a lot of people pushed the idea that he could be the Sonyverse Spidey and continue on a bit. 

I think how good he was probably guarantees we’ll get him back at some point even if it is just a Secret Wars bit.

It's hard to tell with Sony lol.  I'd love to see him return but even this was a gift.  He's such a good actor and the look on Peter's face after he saved MJ was so cathartic and powerful closure for him (Gwen's death sequence in Amazing 2 was heartbreakingly magnificent btw).  

And the scene with Otto thanking Tobey's Peter was flat out awesome.  These were the best moments of the film imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Finally watched the movie but it’s funny you’re down on Garfield. One of the reasons I liked the Amazing series with Garfield more than most was that he had the comedic timing and quips that Tobey’s Spidey lacked. The first one with Lizard was the better movie obviously.

I dont really dislike Garfield.   I just dont think he has the comedic chops to be the funny version of Spiderman they ask him to be.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I dont really dislike Garfield.   I just dont think he has the comedic chops to be the funny version of Spiderman they ask him to be.

I didn’t enjoy Garfield as much as I maybe could’ve because I had a disposition against him at spiderman before I even saw it. It was in part due to being a Tobey fan, part because I thought it was a weird fit 

I liked how this movie redeems the villains (I’m going to believe the movie’s optimism that they don’t just die after going back), redeems the three Spidermans, and in a meta sense redeems the third Tobey SM movie and second Garfield movie. All it cost was Holland’s Aunt May and everyone forgetting his Peter Parker, leaving him without his friends and basically destitute.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

lol nice try, China

They would’ve found something to complain about

A lot of these studios stopped asking China’s opinion and letting them have input in the planning stages. No they are just getting pissy

Which given the stuff China usually tries to cut out and censor, good. Better off without them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

They would’ve found something to complain about

A lot of these studios stopped asking China’s opinion and letting them have input in the planning stages. No they are just getting pissy

Which given the stuff China usually tries to cut out and censor, good. Better off without them.

But damnit, it means I have to wait so long to download a decent copy of the movie!