Spider-man: No Way Home ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

It’s wild that you almost forget Matt Murdock shows in this haha. That scene was fantastic.

Much different path to the end than I expected but really delivered.

May was such a perfect gut punch, wow.

Actually seeing the three of them interact was delightful.

Thought for sure we were going to get a Miles appearance in the end credits, but guess it makes sense not to overlap what animation is doing for now.

Them throwing Eddie straight back to his own universe was odd. I wonder if it was all just a built up contingency for if Spidey was leaving the MCU? Will be interesting how and when the symbiote suit comes into play. Especially with some of the Venom lore potentially being built into the MCU. Wonder if Hardy will play a variant of himself eventually?

MoM looks weeeeird and I love it

It was good but I didn't love it. 

However, the Spidey banter was fantastic.

Murdock was great.

Dafoe stole the show, and was easily the best part of the film.

Booting Hardy's ****ty Venom but keeping the symbiote was genius.

I like that we can finally get Spider-Man on his own.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I like that we can finally get Spider-Man on his own.

Liked the epilogue and him kinda going his own way at the end. Excited to see how this Peter does that side of things. 

Want to see this more comic book inspired suit up close, see what…if any….motifs he maybe took from Andrew and Tobey’s suits.

• Like 1

9/10

ton of fan service… and I loved it. Thought Electro and Garfield were a little out of character but that’s nitpicking.

Happy ending for everyone alive except Peter, who got perhaps the most tragic fate we’ve seen in MCU yet. Legit lost his mother figure, essentially lost his BFF and love interest. 

I was thinking he was going to be set up as a possible leader like figure of new Avengers, which I suppose is still possible, but its almost like a soft reboot his character and solo films just received. No help from Stark tech, no connections to any heroes (until/unless he reveals himself). 

So the next spider man solo will just be really small scale, like homecoming, I’m guessing? Focusing on him rekindling relationship w/ Ned and MJ.

• Like 2

Saw it last night and loved it. The theater of people we saw it with were a good group too. Perfect amount of out loud exclamations.

The crowd actually went more wild for Matt Murdock than either of the other Spideys, which I thought was interesting. Everyone seems to be super psyched for Cox and D'onofrio to come back as Daredevil and Kingpin, as am I. I am very much more a fan of street level Marvel than cosmic level Marvel. On that point, at a high level, I really love that they brought our current Spider-Man on this huge cosmic journey then dropped him off on the streets as our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. I'm really looking forward to more street level Spider-Man stuff in the future. I like the way they did it too. Tobey and Andrew were awesome, with Andrew stealing the show. Bring him back any time. No Uncle Ben in this universe, so he has two Uncle Peter's to help guide him.

The interactions between all the Spideys were all awesome. It was all fan service, but I am a huge Spider-Man fan, so I loved it. I wish the conversation Tobey and Doc Ock got to have at the end was better, but it was still a nice moment. Loved that they made Tobey an old, experienced Peter. It fit perfectly.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

The scene when Tom has the spider sense and is in the middle of 4 supervillains was shot perfectly, and you know it’s going to be Osborn who turns, but it was pretty intense to watch 

I was a little surprised they didn't have a scene where Tobey and Andrew were like "Tingle? you mean the Spider-sense?" to give it that official name in the MCU.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Saw it last night and loved it. The theater of people we saw it with were a good group too. Perfect amount of out loud exclamations.

The crowd actually went more wild for Matt Murdock than either of the other Spideys, which I thought was interesting. Everyone seems to be super psyched for Cox and D'onofrio to come back as Daredevil and Kingpin, as am I.

Guy in front of me like shrieked and about broke my knees flipping out when we saw him lol.

But yeah it was fun to see it with a theater with a lot of other big fans.