Spider-man: No Way Home ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

3 hours ago, August4th said:

I liked how they handled all the villains/spidermen in this.

See, Spiderman 3 made multiple villains feel convoluted and over the top (and that’s kinda how I feel about team superhero movies like avengers) but this all was done well 

40 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

See, Spiderman 3 made multiple villains feel convoluted and over the top (and that’s kinda how I feel about team superhero movies like avengers) but this all was done well 

Helped that they weren’t introducing any for sure. Took out a lot of the leg work

• Like 2

Here is a Spolier, this movie probably sucks and they should stop making Spider-Man movies!

Last Spider-Man movie I watched was in 2004, are any of these crap Spider-Man movies even worth watching that have been made in the last 17 years?  I doubt it.  

Or how about they make another 20 Avengers films....  Seriously the lack of creativity in Hollywood is absolutely ridiculous.  Oh lets me another Scream movie, lets make another Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, and they are. 

Go ask Rocky how that turned out.

bd0f6bc186becbbb9baff3331549efc1.gif

50 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Here is a Spolier, this movie probably sucks and they should stop making Spider-Man movies!

Last Spider-Man movie I watched was in 2004, are any of these crap Spider-Man movies even worth watching that have been made in the last 17 years?  I doubt it.  

Or how about they make another 20 Avengers films....  Seriously the lack of creativity in Hollywood is absolutely ridiculous.  Oh lets me another Scream movie, lets make another Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, and they are. 

Go ask Rocky how that turned out.

bd0f6bc186becbbb9baff3331549efc1.gif

We got an awesome Creed series?!? Was that the answer you were looking for? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

We got an awesome Creed series?!? Was that the answer you were looking for? 

True Creed is pretty sweet but those last few for the original Rocky series were kind of questionable.  

I am talking about this below, not exactly amazing film history right there.  Granted the fights were not that bad but come on with the Robot?  Creed is a great series sure but to say Rocky itself was a bit diluted over time, well it was.  The original Rocky would be considered and respected far more historically if some of those other ones did not follow.

rocky-iv-robot.jpg?format=jpg&quality=80

In "Rocky Balboa" I must say this speech is pretty bad to the bone and have to give him that.  And considering Sylvester wrote them all, I guess have to give him some mad
props for that!  Either way the original Rocky would be far more respected itself as a film if there were not so many others that followed.

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True Creed is pretty sweet but those last few for the original Rocky series were kind of questionable.  

I am talking about this below, not exactly amazing film history right there.  Granted the fights were not that bad but come on with the Robot?  Creed is a great series sure but to say Rocky itself was a bit diluted over time, well it was.  The original Rocky would be considered and respected far more historically if some of those other ones did not follow.

rocky-iv-robot.jpg?format=jpg&quality=80

In "Rocky Balboa" I must say this speech is pretty bad to the bone and have to give him that.  And considering Sylvester wrote them all, I guess have to give him some mad
props for that!  Either way the original Rocky would be far more respected itself as a film if there were not so many others that followed.

I get the goofiness you are talking to, it was what Hollywood was at the time. But Rocky is one of the worse examples in my opinion ha. Most, including Creed, have been good. 

Like one dud and one so so movie

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I get the goofiness you are talking to, it was what Hollywood was at the time. But Rocky is one of the worse examples in my opinion ha. Most, including Creed, have been good. 

Like one dud and one so so movie

True but ultimately not sure it improves on the original brand and again if anything dilutes it.  

Just like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the one in 2003 with Jessica Biel was good, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning with Jordana Brewster was not bad,  the 3D one Daddario I liked, Leatherface was not even that bad.   Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation I have not seen but Matthew McConaughey and Renée Zellweger are in it?  Wish I could watch that one but not sure since it is not on Netflix.  Who cares if they are all watchable and some what enjoyable movies.  It does not improve the brand and is just an easy money grab for writers with no ideas left apparently.  Lot easier to take material and characters that already exist and just change around the circumstance and call it a new movie than to actually think of something original.

There is a reason why the original Rocky won Best Picture and the others did not win a thing.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

True but ultimately not sure it improves on the original brand and again if anything dilutes it.  

There is a reason why the original Rocky won Best Picture and the others did not win a thing.  

I’d contend that Creed does add a lot to Rocky, it immortalizes the original series in a very real way and adds. A lot of context to the characters, shows you the consequences of the sacrifices he made. Stallone won an award for supporting actor with the first creed, think they both got decent noms too. Like I said it’s really a best case for a franchise like this.

I’d almost cut out horror movies, especially slashers. They need to redo it to get new audiences in and they are for the most part standalone. Not much carry over.

As for Spidey and Marvel, I think yeah there are some things that really didn’t need to get the green light but Marvel usually does a good job making their films work on a base level and make them enjoyable. It’s rarely a bad time.

Lots if good movies since Spider-Man 2 came out.

• Like 2