Spider-man: No Way Home ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

17 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Booting Hardy's ****ty Venom but keeping the symbiote was genius.

Yep, I haven’t seen the newer Venom movie but he was a good guy bad guy so leaving the symbiote might be for a bad guy bad guy. 

16 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I was thinking he was going to be set up as a possible leader like figure of new Avengers, which I suppose is still possible, but its almost like a soft reboot his character and solo films just received. No help from Stark tech, no connections to any heroes (until/unless he reveals himself

J Jonah Jameson whining about spiderman without knowing his identity infers that everyone still knows Spiderman and everything he’s done, it’s just no one has ever heard of Peter Parker. So I figure a reconnect with Stark tech wouldn’t be too difficult. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I had to pee so bad at the end that I dipped out before the post-credit scene(s). Can anyone tell me what they were?

1 was Tom Hardy at like a tropical themed bar talking to his venom alter ego and a bartender. He got zapped back but a part of the symbiote stayed on the counter. 

2 was just a trailer for the next doctor strange movie. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

1 was Tom Hardy at like a tropical themed bar talking to his venom alter ego and a bartender. He got zapped back but a part of the symbiote stayed on the counter. 

2 was just a trailer for the next doctor strange movie. 

Excellent. I didn't miss much, in reality, but I'm stoked it's hinting at Venom but not the one we've got now. 

The theater I go to is in a decent sized city in my county. Ticket was $4.50, popcorn and a drink was a total of $5.50 so my entire cost is probably what you all pay for just a ticket. Theater was only half full. 

I need to rewatch Daredevil. I kinda only watched a bit. Very recently watched the first season of Punisher which I actually liked. It was cool that the MCU brought his character back. I wonder if he’s a big enough character in this to get his own standalone. 

Zendaya is super pretty. Her and Holland bounce off each other super well. 

JK Simmons is the best JJJ ever and I’m so glad it’s like a full time job for him now lol. 

I think the best returning character was the Green Goblin. He got the most **** yeah reaction out of me (Tobey was a close second). The OG spiderman movie was enormously important to my childhood and becoming a fan of superhero stuff. Doc Ock was awesome too. Didn’t have as much of an emotional reaction to any other character. I wonder if James Franco hadn’t decimated his own career if he would’ve been in this. 

It makes sense that they didn’t include Eric Forman’s venom since they added Hardy’s at the end. 

Im glad I avoided spoilers altogether and was actually surprised when Garfield and Tobey came out. God I love Tobey. 

The aunt may scene was super emotional. I think I was the only little ***** in the theater. It was genuinely up there With I don’t feel so good Mr Stark and I Am Ironman for me. Tom Holland is just a likeable dude. 

Speaking of Tom Holland, he would make a perfect Invincible if they ever did a live action version of it. 

Garfield was a satisfying spiderman, but man his enemies kinda sucked. They went too far with stupid bad CGI imo. 

They did set it up well enough for Holland to just walk away from the role if he wanted, I think, but I saw they signed him on for 3 more movies. Imagine Ned and MJ come back into his life for that. 

This was a top 3 superhero movie all time for me. I feel like I think way higher of movies at first watch but it was genuinely satisfying for me, a lot of fan service for old movies that I loved. They really did a great job on every one of the trilogy here. Wish the same could’ve been said about the new Star Wars trilogy. 

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Excellent. I didn't miss much, in reality, but I'm stoked it's hinting at Venom but not the one we've got now. 

It felt like a gift from Sony to Marvel, like here, you can use the concept but Tom Hardy belongs to us lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

It felt like a gift from Sony to Marvel, like here, you can use the concept but Tom Hardy belongs to us lol 

Really curious how it’ll go.

Flash Thompson really isn’t the same sort of character he is in the comics…otherwise I’d think maybe they’d go that route in the MCU post Peter getting the symbiote suit. 

The Necrosword is likely getting introduced with Gorr in Thor: Love and Thunder, so maybe they really go down the rabbit hole on the Symbiote stuff.