Spider-man: No Way Home ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

They have seen all the Tobey/Garfield ones, but saw them at home and didn't have the same excitement for them.

Yeah - my oldest saw Garfield ones in the theater so I can see why she loved it more.  Even if Electro & Harry  were such caricatures. 

23 hours ago, opeth0500 said:

The movie opened up with spider getting a lot of backlash for mysterio’s death and them blaming him. Maybe he didn’t want to have another death on his conscience. 

Very fair point that I didn’t consider. I somewhat change my stance…

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 3:00 PM, Abe56 said:

******Spoilers******

So the end credit scene is basically saying their is gonna be a new eddie brock casted in the Tom Holland universe right?

Just saw it, but my first reaction to that scene is the next guy to walk into that bar will be Miles Morales.  He will do the SM3/Venom thing in reverse.  Be Venom, then Spidey

On 12/23/2021 at 9:11 PM, BlaqOptic said:

Finally got a chance to watch this film... It somehow simultaneously felt like a movie that needed to be made while also not in any way, shape, or form needing to be made...

It needed to be made because it served as a reset for MCU Peter Parker to finally give him a true origin story separate from Tony Stark and the Avengers. A motive to be not only Spider-Man but a Man and a Hero. Towards the end he becomes the adult piss poor Peter Parker looking to go to a local college in New York that many of us know only he doesn't have an Aunt May. That said...

This movie was 100% fan service. The meta commentary and easter eggs were so over the top that I loved it but it felt forced. An entire conversation alluding to OG Peter Parker not having to invent his webbing. An entire conversation to Amazing Spider-Man being "Amazing". Giving Amazing Spider-Man a shot at redemption by saving MJ in the way he couldn't save Gwen. The "I'm somewhat of a [blank] myself meme, Aunt May working at F.E.A.S.T., The Best Friend comments, the Spider-Man point meme, Electro's nod to Miles Morales, among many other things...

That said, at the end of the day Peter and May's motives made no sense to me. Dr. Strange tells your entire universe could be effed for people who might as well be "fake" because they come from other universes and you're like "I'm going to save them even though they're freakin' villains who probably cannot be trusted and what happens to them is completely inconsequential to me." There just also felt other times that were kind of deus ex machina on a much smaller scale like the nanotech being able to integrate with Doc Oc's tentacles, etc.

That said, as a high school counselor, my favorite part of the whole movie was the college application process part. While receiving letters was 100% inaccurate as it's almost all done line now, the fact that the kids made it their everything but then didn't even know you could appeal and tried literally everything in the world besides calling the admissions office is how kids in the process are nowadays to a tee!

Truth. The entire universe could die, but sure, don't push the button so bad guys who killed dozens of people aren't resurrected. MJ just didn't push the button when bad stuff is in the news. Weak. 

I liked the movie, but not pushing the button was selfish of Peter. His need to fix things was more important than maybe the whole universe....

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 10:25 AM, Deadpulse said:

Again

You dont like Spider-Man lol

EVERYONE IS REDEEMABLE 

THATS ALWAYS HIS PERSPECTIVE 

And even if it wasnt, its made very clear to him that they will ALL die if he sends them back. That is enough for just about every iteration of Spider-Man

Moreso than maybe the whole universe dying?