Spider-man: No Way Home ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

13 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Lizard while being mutated could’ve changed his perception, he only wanted to make everyone like him, which he thought was the next step in evolution.

z1J3Kj0.jpg

13 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Electro was bullied and almost killed at his Job, not sure what his real motive was.

Power crazy after being bullied his whole life 

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

And Ock was controlled by nanobots in SM2, the moment he regained control, he sacrificed himself to save the city.   

and they just sent him back to die again, this time saving the city as a nice boy. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

and they just sent him back to die again, this time saving the city as a nice boy. 

From what I understood, the idea of redeeming them would be that sending them back to their universe would change their fate. If they aren't bad guys when being sent back, they likely wouldn't die by the hand of Spiderman. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

From what I understood, the idea of redeeming them would be that sending them back to their universe would change their fate. If they aren't bad guys when being sent back, they likely wouldn't die by the hand of Spiderman. 

It said it pulled them from their universe just before their death 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Doc was already good before he died he's just getting redemption slightly earlier. They were pulled before their death. He's dying regardless.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JonStark said:

Really good movie. I think people are hyping it up a little too much as a top 3 Marvel movie or saying it should get an Oscar, but it was probably top 10 Marvel one. 4

My only critique is that I'm not sure why it was possible to just "make everyone forget PP was Spiderman" in the beginning but they had to up it to "everyone forgets PP in general" to fix everything. Does that one detail really change that much? That being said, I do like to see Marvel movies up the stakes sometimes because the majority of the time, you just expect everyone to live happily ever after and no one to die. 

And for the people who don't think PP would try to redeem the villain variants, stop. You can say you disagree with his motives and that it was the wrong decision, you can hate the character, but you can't say that it isn't true to his roots. That is who Spiderman is. Period. 

Literally nobody has said that. 

10 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Doc was already good before he died he's just getting redemption slightly earlier. They were pulled before their death. He's dying regardless.

But they got redemption! That's somehow all that matters in the grand scheme of things for some asinine reason!

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to watching this.

There was alot to like, but ultimately, it had the same shortcomings that held the other 2 movies back.

It was easily the best of the "Home" trilogy, but I dont think its one of the best MCU movies.    I think its either bottom tier 2 or top tier 3 in the overall MCU.

Positives

Tom Holland is excellent as always
BC was great, even if Strange wasnt really in the movie that much.
Seeing Tobey, Dafoe and Molina on screen again almost brought a tear to my eye.     So much nostalgia, and Molina and Dafoe were particularly awesome.
Special affects were largely amazing.   The mirror dimension stuff was so much fun.
Ending was perfect, and I cant wait to see where it goes from here.

Negatives

Some of the dialogue and attempts at "humor" were so ******* abysmal.    That scene where the 3 Spidermen are bonding right before the fight was done sooooo poorly    Seemed like it was supposed to be a moment of levity before the final fight, but just felt shoehorned in and wasnt remotely funny.   it annoyed me, if anything.

This movie really showcased why the Andrew Garfield trilogy was just viewed as mediocre.    I never liked that portrayal and he doesnt have the comedic chops IMO to play a "funny" version of Spiderman.     Not as bad as Esra Miller as Flash, but along those lines.

Im sorry, but I think Zendaya is a very weak actress (at least in these movies) and has little to no on screen chemistry with Tom Holland.   I got over the fact that this was a totally different portrayal of MJ....and I might actually like it if it were a better actress or at least someone who could make it believable that her and Peter were actually in love.    I never liked Kirsten Dunst as MJ either....so Sony is 0/2 with MJ IMO.

In general, Id give it a 7 or 7.5 outta 10.      Its definitely enjoyable and worth another watch or 2, but not nearly as good as many were making it out to be. 

1 hour ago, 43M said:

There was alot to like, but ultimately, it had the same shortcomings that held the other 2 movies back.

It was easily the best of the "Home" trilogy, but I dont think its one of the best MCU movies.    I think its either bottom tier 2 or top tier 3 in the overall MCU.

Positives

Seeing Tobey, Dafoe and Molina on screen again almost brought a tear to my eye.     So much nostalgia, and Molina and Dafoe were particularly awesome.
Special affects were largely amazing.   The mirror dimension stuff was so much fun.

Negatives

Some of the dialogue and attempts at "humor" were so ******* abysmal.    That scene where the 3 Spidermen are bonding right before the fight was done sooooo poorly    Seemed like it was supposed to be a moment of levity before the final fight, but just felt shoehorned in and wasnt remotely funny.   it annoyed me, if anything.

This movie really showcased why the Andrew Garfield trilogy was just viewed as mediocre.    I never liked that portrayal and he doesnt have the comedic chops IMO to play a "funny" version of Spiderman.     Not as bad as Esra Miller as Flash, but along those lines.

Im sorry, but I think Zendaya is a very weak actress (at least in these movies) and has little to no on screen chemistry with Tom Holland.   I got over the fact that this was a totally different portrayal of MJ....and I might actually like it if it were a better actress or at least someone who could make it believable that her and Peter were actually in love.    I never liked Kirsten Dunst as MJ either....so Sony is 0/2 with MJ IMO.

In general, Id give it a 7 or 7.5 outta 10.      Its definitely enjoyable and worth another watch or 2, but not nearly as good as many were making it out to be. 

I'm lower on this movie than most but I thought Garfield killed it in this.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:46 AM, 43M said:

Positives

Negatives

Agreed on all the positives and on Zendaya (though probably not to the same extent on her). 

Disagree that the scene between the 3 spiderman missed. I enjoyed it. I thought it was good to slow things down. 

Also disagree on Garfield. I thought he played it pretty well. Of the three of them, he got the weakest scripts/directing by far, and that's saying something because Tobey's S2 and S3 scripts were hot trash. 

My biggest miss was the Aunt May death scene. I feel like he bounced back to Tom Holland too quickly. That one needed to marinate a bit longer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Agreed on all the positives and on Zendaya (though probably not to the same extent on her). 

Disagree that the scene between the 3 spiderman missed. I enjoyed it. I thought it was good to slow things down. 

Also disagree on Garfield. I thought he played it pretty well. Of the three of them, he got the weakest scripts/directing by far, and that's saying something because Tobey's S2 and S3 scripts were hot trash. 

My biggest miss was the Aunt May death scene. I feel like he bounced back to Tom Holland too quickly. That one needed to marinate a bit longer. 

I dont hate Garfield....I just didnt feel he ever had the comedic ability to play a more humorous, wise cracking Spidey.    The comedy elements with him and in the movie in general just felt cheesy and missed the mark.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 8:47 AM, 43M said:

I dont hate Garfield....I just didnt feel he ever had the comedic ability to play a more humorous, wise cracking Spidey.    The comedy elements with him and in the movie in general just felt cheesy and missed the mark.

Finally watched the movie but it’s funny you’re down on Garfield. One of the reasons I liked the Amazing series with Garfield more than most was that he had the comedic timing and quips that Tobey’s Spidey lacked. The first one with Lizard was the better movie obviously.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Finally watched the movie but it’s funny you’re down on Garfield. One of the reasons I liked the Amazing series with Garfield more than most was that he had the comedic timing and quips that Tobey’s Spidey lacked. The first one with Lizard was the better movie obviously.

Garfield is the best Spidey imo and it ain’t even close.  It was cool seeing the 3 of them bonding in the movie tho. Something none of us ever thought we might see. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Garfield is the best Spidey imo and it ain’t even close.  It was cool seeing the 3 of them bonding in the movie tho. Something none of us ever thought we might see. 

There seems to be some real momentum to bring him back too. He was great.

I know a lot of people pushed the idea that he could be the Sonyverse Spidey and continue on a bit. 

I think how good he was probably guarantees we’ll get him back at some point even if it is just a Secret Wars bit.

• Like 1