Spider-man: No Way Home ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Really want to watch this in theaters but there’s a big covid surge and there’s reports lots of people got it while watching it. I like Spiderman but not willing to get Covid for it lol.

If you want, I’d get one of the theater apps (if yours has one) and just wait close til start time and get a ticket with some distance. Going during the week would help too. 

But I get it. I know for sure my gf wouldn’t have gone had we not gotten the booster in November.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

******Spoilers******

So the end credit scene is basically saying their is gonna be a new eddie brock casted in the Tom Holland universe right?

I think they gave themselves options. 

Have a hard time seeing them explore Flash Thompson hosting Venom in this universe. He’s played way too goofy. Maybe some point they bring Mangenello back to be an older Agent Venom in the Sony-verse or something…no clue.

If I had to guess I think we get Scorpion in the next movie or the one after that. They already introduced him in Homecoming. He’s one of the hosts of venom in the comics.

So Peter fights him as Scorpion, with Armor wars you can make it from there, then later fights him as Venom. But that could easily be shuffled across two movies. 

Then it goes to either an Eddie variant in the MCU or goes back another way to Sonyverse Eddie. There’s a decent chance Secret Wars happens this decade so if it’s going to be a storyline in the next couple Spider-man films (which look like maybe (late 2024/first half of 2025 and 2027 with Tom taking a bit of a break.) so it’d kinda work out if Secret Wars is indeed the end of this phase for them to be reunited.

Just a guess of how they could be doing it. 

I find it really odd how they made it seem they were coming together just for it to be immediately reverted. 

If Sony wasn’t using the character for a solo film, there is a really natural spot for Kraven right now. Spider-Man is still a high profile hero but no one knows who he is in a sokovia accords world. Enter Kraven the Hunter. Enter Ben Ulrich doing the journalistic equivalent before backing down. Have Daredevil be the marvel character who’s in there. You do that with a stark tech scorpion coming after  him as a side villain. Peter breaks the suit in 4 and you get a tease of the symbiote now in New York. 

Finally saw it earlier today. Exceeded my already high expectations. Only behind Infinity War as my favorite MCU movie at the moment.

Curious what route people think they’ll go with Spider-Man 4 and future MCU Spider-Man movies? It’s basically “back to the basics” for Peter which is actually pretty exciting.

Edited by TitanSlim

5 hours ago, D82 said:

Such a good movie. Was not expecting them to off May. Gotta feel for Peter, losing so many people so close to him. 

The trailer for Multiverse of Madness looks awesome...can't wait to watch that. 

I really started to tear up the moment May gave the "with great power comes great responsibility", and literally went "oh s***"....knew it was over for her then.

I can't believe how much fan service and story-closure this movie gave for each of the 3 trilogies.   Was it a perfect movie?  No.   Was it an amazing movie?  Absolutely.  And the reason is simple - they literally paid off EVERY character from the previous movies who showed up (OK except for Flash), and gave them so much depth, and closure to the ones we loved most - and frankly redeemed several Black Hats who got very little, if any real plausible character development in prior installments in the Sony-verse and Maguire's ill-conceived and executed SM3.

Right off the top of my head...

-The amazing entrances for Maguire & Garfield.   Standing O's from the crowd I was with.  

-Tobey Maguire's poignant description of losing Harry in his arms, and the expression on his face when he had to stop Tom Holland's Peter at the end.   

-Andrew Garfield's heart-wrenching sadness at talking about Gwen, and then his redemption with saving MJ.   

-Garfield's very touching descriptions about both Electro & Lizard, and Maguire's description for both Doc Ock and Norman Osborn, both showing genuine empathy and compassion.   And their speeches to Holland about the darkness they encountered was so spot-on. 

-Holland's absolulte gut-wrenching grief at losing May, and his heart-breaking decision at the end in the cafe.    

-Both Ned and MJ playing pivotal roles was expected, but the twist of Ned using Strange's ring actually made this far more impactful than just being in his earpiece.   Amazing work.  

-The 3 Spideys working together, and sucking initially - was just great writing.   

-The comedic moments were amazing - as were the self-owns about Tobey's ability to shoot webs from his wrists, the mocking of Ock's name, the ludicrous nature of some of the storylines ("yes I fought an alien from space who was made of black goo" "I'm just wrapping my head about fighting in space" "I"m so lame compared to you 2"). 

-The fleshing out of Electro and Sandman, as well as the full redemption of Ock, and the total maestro performance by Dafoe - just literally fixed so many holes in the original SM3, and the Garfield SM2 (which I loved storyline wise, hated the cartoon treatment of Ock and Sandman).   I loved how Sandman was really about going home, and switched sides multiple times, and the Ock-then-Goblin redemption was just *chef's kiss*.

-Loved the little paybacks to the revelations to Holland's Pete that Fury was off in space, and of course, MATT FREAKING MURDOCK.  That end scene with the brick-catching was a hint of how good the continuity payoff was going to be.

-And of course, the amazing prelude to Multiverse of Madness.   No Way Home really creates a built-in setup to make Multiverse of Madness sing, along with Wandavision.      

There were issues with pacing, and the whole Flash stuff was kinda forced (but I get why they went there).    But man, when it comes to Spidey stories, I'm pretty sure it's going to be #1...and yes, it's because of the groundwork done by the first 2 eps in each of the 3 series (and Maguire's SM3 getting a MASSIVELY needed retcon now).  But much like IW/Endgame was masterclass ending to the Phase 1-3 for the MCU, this was the masterpiece ending for Spidey's cinematic universe.  FULL credit to Feige & co. for collaborating with Sony to really tie in ALL the loose ends in the Sony & MCU Spidey-verse.   

FULL STANDING OVATION.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Finally saw it earlier today. Exceeded my already high expectations. Only behind Infinity War as my favorite MCU movie at the moment.

Curious what route people think they’ll go with Spider-Man 4 and future MCU Spider-Man movies? It’s basically “back to the basics” for Peter which is actually pretty exciting.

Villain pool - Scorpion, a Venom, Kingpin, Tombstone and Chameleon. Bringing back Vulture or Mysterio. If the Sonyverse gets merged somehow then you could have Hardy’s venom, Kraven, Morbius. Maybe Black Cat, if they want to mine the thoroughly done already “oh a person I can be with that fits my danger level” thing.
I don’t think we’ll get MCU versions of the other Spidey films’ villains. Think they’ll play it for laughs once, like him meeting Dr. Connors and him freaking out a bit.

Crossover characters - Daredevil, Human Torch / Fantastic 4

Stories: A lot more on the ground stuff, so people like Kingpin and Tombstone can come into play a little more now

Symbiote suit is obvious. I think you might see some level of Future Foundation stuff in 5, 6 or tats a crossover he does into a FF sequel.

Aside from Peter I think Jessica Drew is coming soon as Spider-Woman…been reports. It’s a jointly owned character, if Sony ever backs out they can just have her drop the moniker. Think we maybe get two PP movies and then Secret Wars happens. Which could be used as a gap where live action Miles comes in.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

It re-opens the entire comic book venue of stories.   And allows him to rejoin the Avengers (esp since so few originals remain from IW).  Sure they won’t remember Peter Parker but the ones that should still remember Spidey would still accept back in a heartbeat (and even if they didn't know him somehow, his achievements this time at the Statue of Liberty alone would get him automatic consideration).   It also allows for him to connect with Gwen Stacey or still reconnect with MJ later on.  

The most fresh part of all this is Pete is keenly aware of the entire past.   He’ll know about the Sinister Six and their tragic back stories.   He’ll know who’s been sympathetic to his cause.  

And of course he can really focus on being the Friendly Neighborhood Spidey - so…

Spoiler

teaming up with Hawkeye & Kate Bishop and yes Matt Murdock / Daredevil to take on Kingpin in a big cameo might be next. 

And since they referenced it hard…live action Miles Morales.  IMO it’s a matter of when, not if.  Especially given the popularity of Into The Spiderverse (Sequel trailer looks great too btw). 

Just so many angles they can take.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

This was, without a shadow of a doubt, the most true representation of Spider-Man outside of the comics. The unwavering need to save even the villains. The science solutions. The tragedy. Then to leave him poor and alone? Chef's kiss, this is Spider-Man. 

Then you throw all the heaps of fan service on top of that core? Amazing

Here is hoping we get a full movie with this new old school DIY suit, then a full movie with the symbiote black suit (Ideally a Kraven flick), and then the finale in the next trilogy will be Venom. 

• Like 3

Very good movie overall, but probably not in my top tier of MCU movies for me.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all about fan service, but this was a little too over the top at times in that regard.

I did very much like that they gave characters better motivations and reasons for their actions. Dafoe and Molina were excellent, but I thought Lizard, Electro, and Sandman had a few mis-steps.

The multiple Spidermen interaction was all pretty good and like has been said, them not immediately meshing but then figuring it out was a nice touch.

Loved that they threw some stakes in there and were willing to kill off Aunt May.

Probably my favorite thing about this movie is that they took Spiderman from the most famous person on the planet back to his roots as a broke about to enter college kid who is alone. If you told me before this movie that he'd get back to a point where taking pictures for the Daily Bugle to help make ends meet was a plausible start for Spider-Man 4, I would have said you were crazy, but they pulled it off. It leaves him open to go any number of ways from here (NYU, Gwen Stacy, a multitude of villains, etc..)

One thing that does bother me, how does Strange's spell that makes everyone forget that Peter Parker is Spiderman negate all the stored digital media (weeks worth of media coverage apparently, not to mention Mysterio's video)?  Yes, this is very nit picky, but at the end of the day it feels like a nit that needs picked.

Interesting to me that my kids, who don't have that emotional connection to the earlier spiderman movies, still like Homecoming over this, but they all universally said it was better than Far From Home.  It's the best of the three to me, but I DO have that nostalgic view of the Tobey/Garfield movies.

A-

The Duke's MCU Rankings

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Avengers: Infinity War
  3. Avengers: Endgame
  4. The Avengers
  5. Captain America: Civil War
  6. Doctor Strange
  7. Thor: Ragnarok
  8. Iron Man
  9. WandaVision
  10. Spider-Man: No Way Home
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy
  12. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  13. Captain America: The First Avenger
  14. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  15. Loki
  16. Ant-Man
  17. Spider-Man: Far From Home
  18. Thor
  19. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
  20. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  21. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  22. The Eternals
  23. Black Widow
  24. Iron Man 2
  25. Falcon and the Winter Soldier
  26. Black Panther
  27. Captain Marvel
  28. Iron Man 3
  29. The Incredible Hulk
  30. Thor: The Dark World
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Probably my favorite thing about this movie is that they took Spiderman from the most famous person on the planet back to his roots as a broke about to enter college kid who is alone. If you told me before this movie that he'd get back to a point where taking pictures for the Daily Bugle to help make ends meet was a plausible start for Spider-Man 4, I would have said you were crazy, but they pulled it off. It leaves him open to go any number of ways from here (NYU, Gwen Stacy, a multitude of villains, etc..)

I am also really excited about this. And as the other spider-men said, he doesn't typically work as part of a team either so hopefully we get that as well.