Possible Front Office Alternatives

cortes02

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

I’m fine with keeping them but I do like the idea of them answering to a football guy.

If I have it right the coaches answer to Haslim as do Sashi and his guys. I want a football guy who they report to who then reports to Haslim 

never go banner
thats how you get lombardi

5 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Who else wouldn’t mind having Joe Banner back?

i posted this as a topic couple days ago while drinking Tequila. But Webby told me to sober up and deleted the topic. So he doesn’t like the  idea but I think he is a steeler fan so that must mean it was a good idea

Ive laughed at some pretty screwed up things...this is not funny! Just say no

I like the idea of  Nick Caserio as the GM. I think he could be hard to get because other teams would want to go after him. Bonus is he could potentially land us one of the coordinators from the Pats. I am a fan of Josh McDaniels and I was a big fan of Matt Patricia during the last coaching search. 

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I like the idea of  Nick Caserio as the GM. I think he could be hard to get because other teams would want to go after him. Bonus is he could potentially land us one of the coordinators from the Pats. I am a fan of Josh McDaniels and I was a big fan of Matt Patricia during the last coaching search. 

I'm starting to think BB just runs that defense. Would explain why DCs from there after they leave don't tend to fare well. I wouldn't risk it.

11 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'm starting to think BB just runs that defense. Would explain why DCs from there after they leave don't tend to fare well. I wouldn't risk it.

Patricia wouldnt be the DC tho lol He would be the HC. I just also liked him because he is very intelligent and has coached so many different units. 

going back to your comment about DCs not being successful after leaving the Pats/

• Romeo had some good defenses in KC. 
  • Manigini was only a DC one year after the Browns and that was '15 for the niners. Tomsula should of never been the HC 
  • Pees has been pretty darn good with the Ravens.

So who knows. I dont know its BB who runs the defense but the way he runs the team just benefits everyone else. Biggest thing about being a good defense is being a discipline unit. Well BB explicts discipline from all his players no matter what. Just an example that carries over. Stuff like that.  

On 11/4/2017 at 7:57 PM, hornbybrown said:

Who else wouldn’t mind having Joe Banner back?

i posted this as a topic couple days ago while drinking Tequila. But Webby told me to sober up and deleted the topic. So he doesn’t like the  idea but I think he is a steeler fan so that must mean it was a good idea

The guy who drafted Jamarcus Russell #1 overall who also drafted Barkevious Mingo at #6 and took Leon McFadden 1 pick before Honey Badger in the 3rd round?

Yea.....no.

He is also the guy on social media who is consistently poking the Browns and overly critical while laughing a them on Twitter every day.

No, just no.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The guy who drafted Jamarcus Russell #1 overall who also drafted Barkevious Mingo at #6 and took Leon McFadden 1 pick before Honey Badger in the 3rd round?

Yea.....no.

He is also the guy on social media who is consistently poking the Browns and overly critical while laughing a them on Twitter every day.

No, just no.

He was at the Eagles when Jarmarcus got drafted

17 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

He was at the Eagles when Jarmarcus got drafted

Apologies I thought that was him. Either way, Joe Banner drafted 5 guys in 2013 who are no longer in the NFL or are backups. All while making the most inexplicable move ever in not drafting Matheiu and opting for Leon McFadden which Ill never forgive him for.

Joe Banner, Mike Lombardi and Jason La Conforna to this day just throw shade at the Browns all day long on social media and clearly hate them. Joe Banner can kick rocks.

The only and correct choices are Scott Mclaughlin or Terry McDonough and I honestly will be upset if one of them is not in charge next year.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Apologies I thought that was him. Either way, Joe Banner drafted 5 guys in 2013 who are no longer in the NFL or are backups. All while making the most inexplicable move ever in not drafting Matheiu and opting for Leon McFadden which Ill never forgive him for.

Joe Banner, Mike Lombardi and Jason La Conforna to this day just throw shade at the Browns all day long on social media and clearly hate them. Joe Banner can kick rocks.

The only and correct choices are Scott Mclaughlin or Terry McDonough and I honestly will be upset if one of them is not in charge next year.

Keep our front office intact and add Scott McLoughan.  Done and done.

From Monday Morning QB:

The Browns blew the A.J. McCarron deal. Say whatever you want about paying too much (second- and third-round picks) for a guy more likely to be a backup than a starter, but from all reports, EVP of Football Operations Sashi Brown did agree to the deal just before the 4 p.m. deadline—and then failed to execute the mechanics of it correctly. Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland wondered to me the other day how Brown could have done this, seeing that he’d made 17 previous trades since taking the franchise football reins 22 months ago. It can’t be because Brown really didn’t want to make the trade and so conveniently messed up the mechanics of it; that would only make him look worse because the failed trade was going to leak. And when Adam Schefter reported the bungled deal, the Browns looked a lot worse. I am left with this thought: I do not see how, unless there’s a reversal of play by the Browns down the stretch of this season, owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam are going to let all front-office members return in 2018. This non-trade is a major disgrace, even by the standards of the Browns.

I think the one byproduct of the Browns dropping the ball on the McCarron deal is that the reputation of the Cleveland front office is now surfacing. Teams do not like trading with the Browns. They feel Cleveland’s asking price, or the selling price, is too much of a moving target. This is not on every trade, but it is on some trades. I’ve heard from more than one team that it thinks it has a deal with Cleveland, and when the callback comes to confirm the deal, the price changes. Now, lots of times that is overcome, because some deals make too much sense, and pragmatic GMs and coaches realize that even if the price changes, they still want to make the deal. I’m just telling you what’s out there, and I’m telling you that other teams were not surprised the McCarron deal fell through.

I understand that these guys are literally in most cases the smartest guys in the room, but when you try to "act" like your the smartest guys in the room to football guys by having your asking price for trades be fluid, it's just not a good look. Negotiating is part of their business but how I interpreted the second quote makes me think they agree to an asking price and then, when the other team calls to finish the deal the Browns FO changes the asking price. If this is the case, that seems very unprofessional to me.

Peace!!!

Teams don’t like trading with the Browns? What other team has made the most trades offseason and inseason over the past two years more than the browns. Seems like teams have no issues with trading with them. 

This AJMc trade seems like there were a lot more moving parts than just what went on with Sashi

Archived