Broncos QB Teddy Bridgewater carted off

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Ripline said:

Teddy needs to seriously consider a new profession.

I hope he is okay for his own personal health. It feels like every single time he gets tackled, he gets injured. Ive never seen a player like him before. Everytime he goes to the ground he comes up hobbling.

Hope he can figure it out because playing this game isnt worth it for his longterm health

• Like 2

I really hope he hangs them up after this year. 

If he keeps playing, he's gonna wind up disabled at a very young age, and nobody wants to see that. 

It sucks, because I feel like he had something going in Minnesota and New Orleans, but at this point his body is just not going to last. 

On 12/19/2021 at 8:43 PM, Blackstar12 said:

I remember a few months ago people were trashing him for not tackling the CB after a INT.  With the amount of freak injuries and concussions he's gotten I don't blame him wish him well.

This is 100 % the wrong take- away.
The message isn't that he shouldn't have to make football plays on the football field - the take away is that he isn't cut out for the NFL and should find something else to do with his fragile body. If you're scared of contact, there are a thousand other things you can do with your life and the $ 50M he already pocketed is more than enough to support any non-NFL choice he makes. The NFL isn't for every "body" and his clearly isn't up to the task.

On 12/21/2021 at 9:40 AM, Shanedorf said:

This is 100 % the wrong take- away.
The message isn't that he shouldn't have to make football plays on the football field - the take away is that he isn't cut out for the NFL and should find something else to do with his fragile body. If you're scared of contact, there are a thousand other things you can do with your life and the $ 50M he already pocketed is more than enough to support any non-NFL choice he makes. The NFL isn't for every "body" and his clearly isn't up to the task.

After the Drew Brees injury in San Diego I hate seeing my QB go for tackles. It’s unnecessary. Rather lose a game then lose a QB. Today I learned Tom Brady has 13 career tackles. Seems like a lot. It’s not a common play and requires a whole lot of things to go wrong before your QB is out in that situation. 

That all being said I agree. Bridgewater just doesn’t have the physical durability to be an NFL player. You can’t count on him to do extended back up stints. He’s a Billy Volek mold… good for a game or mop up duty and in the film room but you’re going to have a bad time if you want him to actually consistently play. 

13 hours ago, Leoric said:

After the Drew Brees injury in San Diego I hate seeing my QB go for tackles. It’s unnecessary. Rather lose a game then lose a QB. Today I learned Tom Brady has 13 career tackles. Seems like a lot. It’s not a common play and requires a whole lot of things to go wrong before your QB is out in that situation. 

That all being said I agree. Bridgewater just doesn’t have the physical durability to be an NFL player. You can’t count on him to do extended back up stints. He’s a Billy Volek mold… good for a game or mop up duty and in the film room but you’re going to have a bad time if you want him to actually consistently play. 

I could 100% see Bridgewater end up being a coach once he decides to hang em up.

He's brilliant, his teammates love him and he's a strong leader (just not the "ra ra" type). If that's what he wants to do, I think he'll be extremely successful.

On 12/25/2021 at 4:38 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I could 100% see Bridgewater end up being a coach once he decides to hang em up.

He's brilliant....

Teddy Bridgewater is brilliant? really? i've never read one player or coach say that about him, and they know him personally. he's not stupid or dull by any means, but brilliant? that's reserved for the highest echelon of intelligence, and isn't accurate here.

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Teddy Bridgewater is brilliant? really? i've never read one player or coach say that about him, and they know him personally. he's not stupid or dull by any means, but brilliant? that's reserved for the highest echelon of intelligence, and isn't accurate here.

For as long as he's been a Viking, probably the best thing anyone ever said about him besides being a very likeable person, is that he has incredible football intelligence.

I think calling him "brilliant" is apt. That means he has a brilliant football mind, just like some are brilliant photographers or brilliant business people, even if that brilliance doesn't extend to anything beyond their occupation or hobby.

You don't have to be Einstein to be brilliant!

From the Panthers in 2020:

https://www.panthers.com/news/bridgewater-leadership-football-iq-bringing-early-success

Edited by SteelKing728