Week 16: Browns @ Packers on Christmas Day - POSTGAME: Packers WIN 24-22! Improve to 12-3!

FAH1223

16 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

If the pressure can’t get to the QB, its almost like they will get completed.

This is what happening in the past few games… 

There is something happening in the secondary…

We desperately need to get Jaire back and put Sullivan back on ST.

• Like 1

That was a hard game to watch....love NFL football on Christmas, just please no more Packer games.  Too stressful.  The offense and defense in the second half were really not very good.  The Browns had that 8 minute drive in the 3rd quarter and the offense then came out and I think they went 3 and out.  The defense was completely gassed in the 4th quarter.  Thank goodness our best player was Mayfield.

Can't play like this in the playoffs or else we we will lose.  What has happened to Kampman and Lancaster?  Not a good game for either player.  I really hope we upgrade the defense line this offseason (if we somehow have any money to spend).  Clark is absolutely great...but after that....its just a bunch of JAGs.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -    Football is a funny, weird, unpredictable game.

Packers had a..........

+59.8 passer rating advantage (115.1-55.3)
+4 turnover advantage (4-0)
+5 sack advantage (5-0)

.........and still only won by 2 points.

That's because MLF/Rodgers choose not to play offense in the 4th quarter. The pattern is set. Start slow and fall behind early. Catch up in the second quarter. Go into halftime with the score about even. Come out in the third quarter and take a comfortable lead. Play conservative offense in the 4th quarter and rely on the defense to hold the lead. They're essentially not playing for points in the 4th quarter, but rather they're playing for minutes off the clock. I wish they wouldn't do that. It's been hard on my heart! 

Maybe that's because, with Cobb, Tonyan, and MVS out, they were essentially playing with Adams, and Lazard as receiving threats. That has to be taking a toll on play selection. When Cobb and MVS return, I think the offense will start to cook again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

That was a hard game to watch....love NFL football on Christmas, just please no more Packer games.  Too stressful.  The offense and defense in the second half were really not very good.  The Browns had that 8 minute drive in the 3rd quarter and the offense then came out and I think they went 3 and out.  The defense was completely gassed in the 4th quarter.  Thank goodness our best player was Mayfield.

Can't play like this in the playoffs or else we we will lose.  What has happened to Kampman and Lancaster?  Not a good game for either player.  I really hope we upgrade the defense line this offseason (if we somehow have any money to spend).  Clark is absolutely great...but after that....its just a bunch of JAGs.

Kampman? Do you mean Keke?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Toddfather said:

I just like thinking long term. No insult to anyone on this board. I love this board and the posters. Hell, a lot of times I agree with what many are saying in the moment. However that's just what it is... a moment... To me personally this team has me excited for the first time since 2014. Like as in legit I believe it's going to happen. They have faced adversity. They have won with players we never even thought would see the field, let alone be on our team during the season. They have a positive vibe. I feel ML is really in touch with this team, and I do believe there are legit leaders. People like Big Dog. I just think the pieces we are missing are currently getting healthy and are going to contribute to an amazing run. With all the negatives on the field tonight, we still won the game. We still have the goal in view. That number one seed... Most importantly, when we have needed a play we have created one. This league is tough, and I love seeing this team win multiple ways. I feel good about this squad. Go Pack Go! 

MLF is uniquely human as a head coach. Would love to see this style lead to a championship. He seems to make for a good role model.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

MLF is uniquely human as a head coach. Would love to see this style lead to a championship. He seems to make for a good role model.

To that point, I’ve not seen many head coaches make an effort to get the crowd into the game during crucial moments in the game.  I’ve seen him raise him arms to the get crowd going many times now, and I just don’t see a lot of other coaches doing this.  Assistant coaches and players yes - not too many head coaches though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Well said.  Most of us get annoyed during the game, and many of us share our frustration during the game in the GDT.  How many YouTube videos are out there of fans recording their emotions as a game unfolds?  Probably thousands.  The GDT is the written version of these videos.  It’s human nature to be expressive and emotional - if not irrational - and as old as the game itself.

Perspective comes after our blood pressure comes down and we can review the events that unfolded in those three hours.  I never begrudge anyone for getting hyped up, worked up, overly optimistic, or outright belligerent during the game.  Those three hours are as real as it gets in life, and collectively, most of the problems in our world or in our lives melt away and we become one fanatical, dysfunctional family.

Wrong Packer fans perspective comes from getting our hearts ripped out every postseason. It's like here we go again, who's gonna break our hearts this year. To be honest any playoff team in the NFC can beat us in Lambeau the way this defense is performing, I'm not confident at all.