Denzel Ward extension discussion

zelbell

What are you willing to pay him?

feels like he’s more than earned a contract extension with his play this season

Every other Pro Bowler we have this season is signed long term. Feel like he's more than earned an extension.

My guess is something in the $16M-$18M range similar to Darius Slay or Tre’Davious White. Not quite Humphrey or Ramsey range

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’ll reset the market whether we like it or not. 

Meh idk, at least I hope not. He is a great player and fairly consistent. However he is not a top 5 level CB so I hope we dont overstretch and pay him top 5 money.

Something around 14-16M per year (which would put him just outside the top 5) would be perfect.  In that Howard, Peters, Bradberry range---not the Ramsey, Humphries, White range.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This isn’t persona towards you, but I HATE when people make this statement.

Who are you saving money for exactly? A suspect Baker? Good luck selling that to yourself.

Free agents in general? Maybe bringing back Clowney, restructuring Jarvis' contract, ect

A million or two here or there is no big deal to ensure locking him up--I just dont want the Browns overpay by 6-7M becasue thats when the money actually makes a difference. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Free agents in general? Maybe bringing back Clowney, restructuring Jarvis' contract, ect

A million or two here or there is no big deal to ensure locking him up--I just dont want the Browns overpay by 6-7M becasue thats when the money actually makes a difference. 

So you have the upmost confidence we will spend that money correctly?

See, this is what I’m getting at. Fans think franchises can just do madden and have success.

Keep what you know is successful and productive. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Jarvis is gone baby gone.