LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

Happy new years Rams fans!! What a way to start the year with a playoff clinching Sunday. What this team has done is unbelievable and it’s a good feeling to be playing meaningful football in January. I started the year with no expectations. Thought the offense would be solid and expected the defense to be one of the worst ever. For a while I was certain we weren’t tanking but would have a top 6-10 pick. They’d show flashes but kept dropping winnable games. Injuries played their part too… but this team after the bye has been one of the best teams in the league. Can’t wait to see what happens. No matter what, this season is already a big success. Not too shabby for a rebuilding team huh? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Happy new years Rams fans!! What a way to start the year with a playoff clinching Sunday. What this team has done is unbelievable and it’s a good feeling to be playing meaningful football in January. I started the year with no expectations. Thought the offense would be solid and expected the defense to be one of the worst ever. For a while I was certain we weren’t tanking but would have a top 6-10 pick. They’d show flashes but kept dropping winnable games. Injuries played their part too… but this team after the bye has been one of the best teams in the league. Can’t wait to see what happens. No matter what, this season is already a big success. Not too shabby for a rebuilding team huh? 

Happy New Year!

I knew if the Rams could keep Stafford intact, that we would be able to compete with anyone, but what we’re seeing right now is impressive. 

If we can somehow control that raw sewage spillage that passes for a special teams unit, I don’t see why we can’t make a deep playoff run this year. But next season, I won’t accept anything less than a championship.

• Like 1

As all of you i'm happy the Rams will be playing a PO game this year. I really thought it wasn't a real possibility at 3-6 but we made it to 9-7 !! 

I have some doubt on the draft but we nailed it both offensively and defensively ! 

Now, let's talk about one of the weakest link of this team, it's the special team. I think it's the weakest group i have ever seen with the Rams. I mean, Trammel is useless, he can't return a punt or a kick, Havrisik if he's still on our team, he's gonna cost us a game by his poor kicking. And he's missing kick was not even close...it was wide miss... i don't know what Mcvay plan is, for he has to search for a better solution. And the tackling of the special team, OMG, it's now twice that we allowed a punt return TD or kick retrun TD. 

We have to improve this special team if we want to go further. Also, the secondary can't let big plays happened...i mean each time the opposing QB was throwing a deep pass, i feared for a big play ! Each time !

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

As all of you i'm happy the Rams will be playing a PO game this year. I really thought it wasn't a real possibility at 3-6 but we made it to 9-7 !! 

I have some doubt on the draft but we nailed it both offensively and defensively ! 

Now, let's talk about one of the weakest link of this team, it's the special team. I think it's the weakest group i have ever seen with the Rams. I mean, Trammel is useless, he can't return a punt or a kick, Havrisik if he's still on our team, he's gonna cost us a game by his poor kicking. And he's missing kick was not even close...it was wide miss... i don't know what Mcvay plan is, for he has to search for a better solution. And the tackling of the special team, OMG, it's now twice that we allowed a punt return TD or kick retrun TD. 

We have to improve this special team if we want to go further. Also, the secondary can't let big plays happened...i mean each time the opposing QB was throwing a deep pass, i feared for a big play ! Each time !

Fuller has been sketchy all season. He’ll either give up a huge play or make an INT. 
Let’s not forget Kendrick aka Mr. Penalty 

29 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Bringing back Maher. He's better but he's such a headcase when he gets the yips during games. 

They just did this 

Rams signed K Brett Maher.
Maher’s signing comes just hours after the team released Lucas Havrisik. Maher, 34, kicked in seven games for the Rams earlier this season, converting on 17-of-23 attempts while making all 12 of his extra points. His 73.9 percent field goal percent is well off his 90.6 percent mark from 2022, but Maher is a veteran kicker who has converted on nearly 80 percent of his attempts for his career. We’ll see if he’s able to solve the Rams’ kicking woes with one game to go until the postseason.

40 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Maher is terrible but so was the guy he replaced. Doubt this ends well. 

The only way it ends well is if McVay becomes more aggressive with kicking decisions. It was better yesterday with the first 4th down decision but I would have liked going for 2 before the 2nd missed PAT. 

I'll eat crow. I was wrong. This was not a rebuild. We were right for not trading at the deadline.

Snead had the draft of his life when it mattered most.

McVay deserves whatever he wants. Give him 5% stake in the team in return for a lifetime contract. 

We are DANGEROUS as a wildcard team. This could be epic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'll eat crow. I was wrong. This was not a rebuild. We were right for not trading at the deadline.

Snead had the draft of his life when it mattered most.

McVay deserves whatever he wants. Give him 5% stake in the team in return for a lifetime contract. 

We are DANGEROUS as a wildcard team. This could be epic. 

I'm right there with you. Sunday's game showed me that we probably aren't superbowl contenders, but we still have the chance to upset anyone if we play well. 

Ernest Jones broke James tackle record of 142 to 145. Ernest is the best MLB we’ve had since Fletcher tbh. I loved Will Wither Spoon and James. But Ernest is built different. I’m not sure what it is, because he lacks production. But he simply wrecks shop and causes havoc. 

He’s fast and smart and a sure tackler. He was key to our SB run and showed up in the superbowl With 2 sacks.. Ernest is him. 

On 1/1/2024 at 3:54 AM, Flounch said:

A lot of this is part and parcel to having one of the younger teams in the league.  Particularly when you consider the youth that are actually getting meaningful minutes in the regular units.  Under normal (i.e. less cap-space aggrieved) circumstances, guys like Rozeboom would be heavily used on the ST units and, with Robinson having seemingly usurped many of Tutu's snaps as the 3rd WR, I kind of wonder if we shouldn't start giving Tutu back his snaps as a returner that we were giving him early in his career.  But Trammel isn't so dangerous a reverse guy that he should be getting preference for those snaps over Tutu in the offense and Sko at least has shown his utility as a ST guy (it's still BS that they called him for leaping when he didn't take a multi-step approach and legit one-step-and-jumped the LS against the Giants).

Kicker is just kind of cursed for us this year, but there have been so many kicker injuries and turnover league-wide that the pickings aren't great.  Hopefully with some more cap-flexibility next season we can go out and just invest in a consistent-if-aging vet, let him get within a year or two of his contract expiring and draft a kicker to succeed him.  Even a middling old dog like Prater or Folk would have made a world of difference for us this season.  Now, I think Prater - with his contract ending after this season and the Cards being in rebuild mode and having to accommodate Kyler's cap hit - is just as likely to opt for retirement at age 39, but maybe we can coax a 2-year deal out of him.  Otherwise, I'm not opposed to a McManus option or even floating the boat out for Greg the Leg again to finish out his career with us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

A lot of this is part and parcel to having one of the younger teams in the league.  Particularly when you consider the youth that are actually getting meaningful minutes in the regular units.  Under normal (i.e. less cap-space aggrieved) circumstances, guys like Rozeboom would be heavily used on the ST units and, with Robinson having seemingly usurped many of Tutu's snaps as the 3rd WR, I kind of wonder if we shouldn't start giving Tutu back his snaps as a returner that we were giving him early in his career.  But Trammel isn't so dangerous a reverse guy that he should be getting preference for those snaps over Tutu in the offense and Sko at least has shown his utility as a ST guy (it's still BS that they called him for leaping when he didn't take a multi-step approach and legit one-step-and-jumped the LS against the Giants).

Kicker is just kind of cursed for us this year, but there have been so many kicker injuries and turnover league-wide that the pickings aren't great.  Hopefully with some more cap-flexibility next season we can go out and just invest in a consistent-if-aging vet, let him get within a year or two of his contract expiring and draft a kicker to succeed him.  Even a middling old dog like Prater or Folk would have made a world of difference for us this season.  Now, I think Prater - with his contract ending after this season and the Cards being in rebuild mode and having to accommodate Kyler's cap hit - is just as likely to opt for retirement at age 39, but maybe we can coax a 2-year deal out of him.  Otherwise, I'm not opposed to a McManus option or even floating the boat out for Greg the Leg again to finish out his career with us.

This actually looks to be a pretty great draft class for kickers. I'd invest a pick in one. If I had my choice, it would be Joshua Karty from Stanford.

• Like 1

Loved this interview. He’s the most likable guy I think I’ve ever seen lol Rams are missing many opportunities with the great personalities this team has. After the interview Pat spoke about the Rams PR department and said they’re the worst and impossible to get players on the show.