LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, viking said:

Rooting for Puka & Cooper to go off against the Lions!

How do you guys fancy your chances against the Lions?

Don’t know yet. It depends on the defense. Offense is mad loaded with fire power. Questions about Oline linger. But was one of the best last year. We had the best offense in the NFL with Puka, Kyren and Staff. 

Defense could be a surprise or a disaster. First year DC, first year without Donald, and our #1 CB is out 4 weeks and we traded our best defender… The things out camp and how they dominated scrims vs cowboys and Texans! Verse and Fisk should go crazy. 

Lions have tons of questions marks too. I trust our O to go ballistic. And Stafford is mad and wants revenge. Could be 34-30’ type of game.. 

• Like 1

Every year there's an injury riddled team and I think we drew the short straw on that one.

Valiant effort from a banged up O-line, no Puca, and against a better team, but Stafford isnt finishing the season.

Chris Shula can call a hell of a game. Also, our corners are toast. 

• Like 1

Hey thought that per Jordan Rodrigue that Joshua Karty would be handling kickoffs but also hear the reason they had Ethan Evans do it is due to the kicking it in the back of the end zone and not giving KR's that over in no chance to return the ball.

IMHO really need to alternate both Evans and Karty in KO duties.

Tough loss thought we had it. Hats off for Detroit man. They are so tough and have a big fat monster oline. We never do well vs fat oline men. Too much speed and not enough meat. Loved how they showed up though despite the odds. The win would have been amazing. Overall good game and the team can only get better. We shut down their O minus that bomb to Jamo. Wanted to see more from Verse but he did get a sack. Fiske was washed a ton, he needs to be better. JJ is that dude man, all he does is make plays. One of the best players we’ve had on defense the last 10’years super underrated and high IQ. Could deff see him sticking as a coach. We bounce back for sure next week. Also, hate how the lions always dive at Stafford it’s super wack. I like them a lot, but they make it so easy to hate them. McVay blundered not kicking that FG and Kendrick’s dropped free INT was a back breaker. But proud of the guys. The defense held an explosive offensive. Where was Corum? That was so painful, I cringe every time I see Rivers back there. 

On 9/17/2024 at 1:55 PM, Flounch said:

All these players on IR, it's brutal ! This season is lost....

This season isnt lost. I hate when people give up too quickly just when adversity is faced. And I wont compare this season to the 2022 season bc that season McVay was dealing with personal stuff off the field that his head wasnt even in the game. Not to mention I think the Rams are deeper now than they were then. And they can take from that experience to make sure history dont repeat itself.

The Rams arent the only team dealing with injuries too. The Niners dont have CMC, Deebo, and Kittle is hurt he missed practice today. He could be a game-time decision imo. So thats most of their big time weapons. The Bucs went into Detroit and beat them with 3 of their 4 secondary hurt. So yeah its frustrating for the Rams to be this banged up but the way I see it is they will be getting back the LT Jackson so they will have their book end guys playing. Dotson will be playing. Its time to see what Bruss can do as well as Limmer. Thats how we found out Puka was who he is bc he had to play a major role when Kupp was out. So guys like Limmer, Bruss, and Whittington will have to play major roles. Lets see what they can do. If Puka and Kyren can step up big time last season when they was called on then these guys now have to step up. Lets see more of Corum and Speights. Lets see what Kitchens can do. 

Also Ill keep saying last season the Rams started 3-6 with Kyren missing 5 games and Kupp missing time and the Rams had a kicker problem. Not to mention Jackson the LT was still a question having to replace Whitworth and Avila was still a rookie on the OL and the Rams traded for Dotson who was a question mark too bc he was traded from the Steelers whom OL was a mess. And the defense was Donald and a bunch of young guys that made the defense questionable too. All of that the Rams still went on a run to make the playoffs. So if they can do that from Week 10 on with all that adversity they can certainly do the same Week 3. So giving up on the season already means the second adversity happens you panic. Thats not me though. If the Rams can enter the BYE even at (2-3) knowing alot of those guys that are out will be coming back they can go on that run the rest of the season and position themselves to grab one of those wildcard spots in the end.