2022 Offseason Thread

Emerica

31 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, he's far and away the best OT this free agency.  A true game-changer when he's on the field.  If only we could schedule 4 injury weeks around the 2 Jets games, the Lions game, and the Texans game.

I agree, when he is healthy he is great, would have preferred a solid option on Tua's blind side, but maybe that guy is on the roster already. 

1 minute ago, Phinsesq said:

I agree, when he is healthy he is great, would have preferred a solid option on Tua's blind side, but maybe that guy is on the roster already. 

I really do wonder if they will shift Hunt back out to RT and let Eich and the bunch battle it out for RG.  I honestly would like to see Robert Jones get a shot at RT again.  He showed quite well in the Patriots game.  

Sign Armstead.  Sign Tretter.  Put Hunt where you want him and let the others fight it out for the right to get a full season tryout.  

Armstead/Williams/Tretter/Hunt/Eich or Jones or AJ (haha)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I really do wonder if they will shift Hunt back out to RT and let Eich and the bunch battle it out for RG.  I honestly would like to see Robert Jones get a shot at RT again.  He showed quite well in the Patriots game.  

Sign Armstead.  Sign Tretter.  Put Hunt where you want him and let the others fight it out for the right to get a full season tryout.  

Armstead/Williams/Tretter/Hunt/Eich or Jones or AJ (haha)

I really want them to know who is playing where before the season starts... the constant line shuffling last season was amatuer hour. 

Just now, Tetsujin said:

Some are saying he’s the best center prospect in a good while. I think he doesn’t last to us.

I thought so too but the biggest landing spot for him was one of the Eagles picks and now that they renewed Kelce I can't see them going that way. Maybe one team in the early 20s picks him but not sure he goes earlier than that now.

I could see one of Zion Johnson (who can play C) or Linderbaum falling to 29, both would be great picks.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Emerica said:

I thought so too but the biggest landing spot for him was one of the Eagles picks and now that they renewed Kelce I can't see them going that way. Maybe one team in the early 20s picks him but not sure he goes earlier than that now.

I could see one of Zion Johnson (who can play C) or Linderbaum falling to 29, both would be great picks.

I can see them drafting either, I’m sure Applebaum the o line coach has some insight into Johnson. If Linderbaum falls that far it would be a steal. Wouldn't shock me if they go WR there too. 

36 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

I can see them drafting either, I’m sure Applebaum the o line coach has some insight into Johnson. If Linderbaum falls that far it would be a steal. Wouldn't shock me if they go WR there too. 

I think WR Treylon Burks has a chance of being available at 29 and if he is then I think he will be our pick.  Only reason I see him falling is his poor combine 40 time in a class of blazing WR's.  I think Linderbaum falls from the early teens to the early to mid-twenties.  I think if both players were somehow available at 29 then Grier selects Treylon Burks due to positional value.